Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

2011 Cayenne Turbo Coolant Leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 05:32 AM
gmac is on a distinguished road
Angry 2011 Cayenne Turbo Coolant Leak

Has anyone had the problem off coolant loss.
I had the check coolant light come on and the temp gauge shot up to max then back to normal.

I checked the coolant level, it was very low, i put 1.5 litres of coolant into the system to top it up (to the correct level), then started engine with cap off and left to idle for 10 min incase any air in system.

Next day noticed more coolant leak this time in driveway and coolant level down again, the coolant leak forms at the right side wheel arch.

The cars at the dealer just now and they are saying having trouble finding the leak.

Any ideas anyone, the cayenne has 19k km on it.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:02 PM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
related to recall??

Old 07-20-2012, 09:07 PM
No idea if related to recall hence the question if anyone has heard of this problem or had it.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Never an issue with mine, sorry to hear. Please update us

Old 07-23-2012, 04:10 AM
jb111 is on a distinguished road
had the same issue with mine

had to replace the thermostat housing pipe, thermostat valve and some gaskets

everything went back to normal

Old 08-02-2012, 04:37 PM
jb111 is on a distinguished road
any updates ?

Old 08-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by jb111
any updates ?
Turns out was the thermostat housing pipe also.

The metal pipe had cracked on the join to the thermostat housing.

It's a joke that there is a cracked metal pipe on a car less than 12 month old from a company like Porsche.

It's also a very hard problem to find as the cracks are hairline and do not leak coolant on idle. Only when system is under pressure do you get coolant loss.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Aperture776 is on a distinguished road
Just had a leak on my '11 S. I was driving then all of a sudden I get a high temperature warning and 5 min later get a low coolant warning.

I stopped the car and checked under and sure enough a puddle of coolant. Had to call 1800Porsche to send a tow truck to take it to the nearest dealer. They'll check on it on Monday. I'll keep you all updated.

Originally Posted by gmac
Turns out was the thermostat housing pipe also.

The metal pipe had cracked on the join to the thermostat housing.

It's a joke that there is a cracked metal pipe on a car less than 12 month old from a company like Porsche.

It's also a very hard problem to find as the cracks are hairline and do not leak coolant on idle. Only when system is under pressure do you get coolant loss.

Last edited by Aperture776; 08-05-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Aperture776 is on a distinguished road
Just got the car back and they had to replace the thermostat. No crack found but stated that thermostat got stuck and caused coolant to purge. Not my words but dealers. Drove it for about 30 miles on the way home and no leaks. Hopefully this is the last problem I get.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Aperture776
Just got the car back and they had to replace the thermostat. No crack found but stated that thermostat got stuck and caused coolant to purge. Not my words but dealers. Drove it for about 30 miles on the way home and no leaks. Hopefully this is the last problem I get.
Glad they got it figured out. Hopefully you don't any more problems. Thank you for the update

Old 05-02-2015, 04:39 AM
Duce1ne is on a distinguished road
Major coolant loss!!!

Have a 2011 cayenne turbo. Was driving the other evening nothing out of the ordinary. Hit sport button to overtake someone just before getting home. Completed the overtake and felt the rear of the car skid out and recoverd. Thought that was odd till i was parking and noticed the coolant temp gauge climbing. Shut it down before it hit 120.

Realised the rear end skid was because the engine just dumpd coolantin the way of my rear tires. Dangerous!!! ⁉️Sent it to the dealer and now waiting for the verdict from porsche hong kong. Im imagining it is yet another poorly designed part by porsche that i will end up paying dearly for.

I have owned 4 other porsche models in my life so far and this may be the last as they always end up letting me down.

Let me know if any of you guys have had a similar problem.

Last edited by Duce1ne; 05-02-2015 at 04:50 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:54 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Duce1ne
Let me know if any of you guys have had a similar problem.
Read the sticky here... same engine

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...stributor.html

Old 04-14-2016, 06:51 AM
roblumba is on a distinguished road
Coolant Issue with 958 too?

The sticky in the previous post is to the 957 coolant pipe issue. They didn't fix this on the 958 2011 model year Cayenne?

Old 04-14-2016, 08:16 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by roblumba
The sticky in the previous post is to the 957 coolant pipe issue. They didn't fix this on the 958 2011 model year Cayenne?
Not at all , I had same issue In my panamera and my dealer had to replace all the pipes

Old 05-14-2016, 07:29 AM
sterz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
Not at all , I had same issue In my panamera and my dealer had to replace all the pipes
How many miles did you have on the car? I've talked to a few dealers and they (sales and service staff) all said the coolant pipe issue was addressed on the 958s.

From what I've read, most people that have had coolant issues on the 958s are coming from the thermostat.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2011 Cayenne Turbo Coolant Leak