Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

HP gains ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 01:03 PM
bellemarc is on a distinguished road
HP gains ??

I know this subject has been discussed many times, but has anyone seen HP gains from either the IPD plenum or bypass pipes (before and after dyno) ? I currently have GIAC tune (2014 CTT) and I'm quiet satisfied but would like to see what my additional options are.

Last edited by bellemarc; 05-17-2015 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:55 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Well I don't know if anyone has a dyno sheet to prove it but the general consensus is the secondary bypass pipes will get you a few hp but not a lot. As for the IPD plenum nobody here that I know of has been able to prove the claimed 30+ gain.

The bypass pipes will also make the exhaust note a bit louder, which I liked.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:36 PM
I was under the impression that IPD was going to dyno a CTT and post results but I have not seen anything !!

Old 05-18-2015, 06:16 PM
seahawks is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jdubbya
Well I don't know if anyone has a dyno sheet to prove it but the general consensus is the secondary bypass pipes will get you a few hp but not a lot. As for the IPD plenum nobody here that I know of has been able to prove the claimed 30+ gain. The bypass pipes will also make the exhaust note a bit louder, which I liked.
The 30+ HP gains from IPD is a joke.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:34 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by seahawks
The 30+ HP gains from IPD is a joke.
It's not a joke. It says right on their website that there are gains. Are you saying it could be false advertising?

Old 05-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
A fantastic sound and power gainer that is non-invasive and easy to install at home would be secondary catbypass pipes. The o2 sensors are in the primary catalytic converters but not the secondary cats, we can bypass them without the car even knowing they are gone for big gains.

We even see above 20 hp gains on some turbo cayenne models.

Which year Cayenne Turbo do you have?

Old 05-19-2015, 11:59 AM
2014 CTT, w/GIAC tune

Old 05-19-2015, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bellemarc
2014 CTT, w/GIAC tune
Secondary Catbypass Pipes

In stock ready to ship. Simple install picks up sound, power and saves weight.

The true triple threat, I'll send you a PM now with some pricing.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:28 PM
I will purchase IPD plenum and bypass pipes only after I see Dyno showing claimed Horsepower gains !! I really believe vendors of these product would see a increase of business if the testing was to be done.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:21 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I will purchase IPD plenum and bypass pipes only after I see Dyno showing claimed Horsepower gains !! I really believe vendors of these product would see a increase of business if the testing was to be done.
The bypass pipes have pretty well been proven to gain some hp. I don't know if anyone has done before and after dyno results on a CTT but I know it has been done on plenty of platforms. It is a pretty easy bolt on too.

AS for the IPD plenum..as has been mentioned it's been pretty well beaten to death and nobody including IPD has stepped up to prove the 30+hp gain claim. I even contacted them directly and offered to do the testing on mine. No reply at all.

Like I've said, on other platforms where it actually smooths a 90* bend into a nice smooth Y I can see it gaining hp. But our intake is already a nice smooth Y.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:09 AM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light
I got the IPD plenum. I do not care about the HP claimed. I would've returned it if I wasn't happy with it. In my case at least, it DOES work. I like how responsive the car became at lower RPMs. It revs easily and freely than before. If you know your car well you would definitely notice the improvements.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:11 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Yeah this looks like a good combo. I have the IPD plenum on my 991tts along with headers, high flow cats and sound exhaust plus a piggyback tune. The IPD adds power in the midband but not up top. You can see it as a bump in the middle of the dyno chart. The charts are right on their website.

My wife drives the CTTS so I don't want to do a tune but this looks like two boltons that would make the car more fun for me and she wouldn't notice. However, I have to say, after I added Dinan Stage 2 on my M5 she noticed and liked how it smoothed the car out.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:10 AM
BlueLodge400 is on a distinguished road
Is the IPD easy to install?

Old 05-31-2015, 01:18 PM
08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute
I concur that the 30 day unconditional satisfaction promise from IDP is a great feature. I seriously doubt that they get many of these units back. NO WAY would I give this unit back to them. It completely transformed my driving experience on the car.

The only down side is that since I am now always on sport mode and always on the gas my gas mileage had really done down to insane levels - I got 4 MPG over the 100 miles since I installed the IPD unit.

I am curious to see what effect it is going to have on mpg when I set the cruise at 70 and roll down the highway - I would suspect that this unit will have some positive effect on MPG - although that remains to be seen

Old 05-31-2015, 04:57 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
That is unfortunate for you. I can't speak on the IPD plenum nor did I or would I buy it. The bypass pipes is the best bang for your buck mod on a 958CTT. For less than $700 it almost eliminated any turbo lag and gave the V8 a great burble and rumble. I could care less if it gave 10 or 30 hp gains. The tune on the other hand you should care if it gives the advertised HP and that also costs a lot more.

Anyway do what you want.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HP gains ??