Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

3d port CTT Head Flanges.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 04:20 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
3d port CTT Head Flanges.

These head flanges were an idea of mine to facilitate fabrication of turbo manifolds and eliminate one of the most difficult steps. These are machined from 1" mild steel and incorporate a 3/8 thick flange set to accept 1 1/2" PIPE (weld elbows). They can be made from any popular material. Ports are offset to the top for fastener clearance and flow.

Comments welcome. Pm for details.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:33 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
They look pretty amazing. They look like they're cast? What is the main advantage of these over a cast or plate flange? I'd assume the socket weld is both an easier and stronger weld. Obviously this design is pretty robust.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:23 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
These are CNC machined. I think they are blasted to get that surface finish. The main advantage with these is that the port transistion is fabricated for you. Most of the 3d port design flanges use 1/2" and that also ends up being the length of the transition. Too short for the CTT heads IMO.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:18 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
@Mr. Haney - Hey, look who is posting pictures of their build? NICE

Old 03-26-2016, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
@Mr. Haney - Hey, look who is posting pictures of their build? NICE
It's coming! Promise! Unfortunately last year was almost a total wash and I wasn't able to make much progress. But good news is that the time consuming stuff is out of the way. I'm actually surprised at the lack of response to these flanges. I'm pretty sure this point ,NO tuners are going to ever offer headers for the CTT. Which is really a shame. Sure, upgraded wheels in the factory chra with modified comp and turbine housing work well, but there are so many good turbos out there these days. To be limited to the ihi turbine housings which are crap- sucks. Then what your asking of a bearing assembly that was designed for the loads of smaller wheels and less boost is another issue. The ihi sucks. No matter what you do to a td04, that turbo will never support more than about 375 hp. The Volvo guys have already been down this road. Cayenne owners NEED a turbo manifold solution to get past that 700'ish barrier. Let's be honest 700 hp from a 32 valve v8 as good as the CTT's isn't anything in a vehicle this heavy.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:06 AM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
Did somebody say turbo headers for the CTT? Only a handful in the whole world..

Name:  IMG_4914_zpsnh5x2cfo.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  226.0 KB

Name:  IMG_5262_zpsdlydldbj.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  195.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4915_zpsrsx8jloc.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  226.0 KB

Old 04-21-2016, 06:59 AM
Less than that! I know of two for non-stock framed turbo's. Soon to be three......

Old 04-21-2016, 07:35 AM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
Less than that! I know of two for non-stock framed turbo's. Soon to be three......
My 957 CTT with twin GTX3071, Russian 955 CTT with twin GTX2867 and your 955 CTT with twin EFR's I guess? That's all then. 3 in the whole freaking world.

Old 04-24-2016, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by TT VIPER
My 957 CTT with twin GTX3071, Russian 955 CTT with twin GTX2867 and your 955 CTT with twin EFR's I guess? That's all then. 3 in the whole freaking world.
That's it, you got it! Kinda sad actually.