Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Misha Widebody Cayenne 957 Turbo S Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 08:04 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Looks great! Long time coming.....

Old 12-22-2017, 06:41 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
Looks great! Long time coming.....
At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel, but it sure has. They probably won't get back onto it for the front bumper and hood until after the break, but I'm hoping by the end of January it may be done or very close to it.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:53 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
While they're working on the front bumper, I've decided to upgrade the horns since I have good access to them. Put together a relay and supplemental wiring harness to install a Marco Hurricane & Marco Tornado - one on each side using the factory mounting points with some brackets I fabricated. These things are loud and will produce a blast with 3 different octaves, which makes it seem even louder. I used a single 80 Amp SPDT Relay that gets it's signal from the Driver's side horn wire, draws current from the jump post in the engine compartment through 10 gauge wire that's connected with a resettable inline 40A breaker. The instructions that come with the horns say to use their included relay, and that each horn needs a 20A fuse. Since I was hooking up two of them, figured a 40A breaker with a single heavy duty 80A relay was sufficient. Doing it this way I only had to tie into a single factory horn signal wire with a wire tap connector and then built a harness from the relay to both horns. It's completely reversible if for some reason I want to do that.

Pull out in front of me or drift into my lane and you're going to poo yourself when I blow the horn as you look for the fire truck that's riding on a train.

40A waterproof resettable inline breaker connected to jump post. I adhered it to the firewall with waterproof 3m velcro

Here's the Driver's side install. Wire tap from 12v + horn wire goes to relay trigger input - one output from the relay feeds each horn unit. The passenger side is essentially the same but with the other horn unit and no relay on that side.

Last edited by Petza914; 01-10-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:19 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
I came in looking for pictures of the truck...going back out now. Nice upgrade on the horns btw.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:45 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
They're going to be loud. These horns are somewhat popular in the motorcycle world but are noted for not being long lived. If you can find the intake for the compressor a shot of light oil occasionally will make them last longer, as will regular use.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
They're going to be loud. These horns are somewhat popular in the motorcycle world but are noted for not being long lived. If you can find the intake for the compressor a shot of light oil occasionally will make them last longer, as will regular use.
I bench tested them in the garage and my son heard me all the way across the neighborhood while he was riding his electric dirtbike. One thing I like about these types of horns is that a short tap on the horn pad only generates enough air for a reminder to the car in front of you that the light has turned green but a long blast is a horse of a different color.

Good idea on periodically oiling the compressor. Thanks.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:54 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
More updates?

Old 01-25-2018, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by OEkun1
More updates?
Been pretty busy with work since the new year and haven't had a chance to get by in the last 3 weeks - probably Monday or Wednesday next week.

They haven't called to tell me that it's ready to be picked up though - LOL.

Old 02-03-2018, 10:24 PM
Swung by the body shop last week to deliver the turn signal mounting brackets I fabricated along with the custom grills. No pics that show progress in this installment, but they finished the fitment of the front bumper and hood, including installation of the front parking sensors, but had already removed them from the car for paint, which means the next set of photos should show the body fully painted and put back together with a matching hood and front bumper. We've also scheduled an appointment for late February for the car to make a stop at the local Porsche dealer since it's been sitting for so long. They are going to drain and renew the fuel, do an alignment so the new wheels and tires go onto a properly aligned chassis, and give everything a once over. It will be the first time the car is driven with the new bodywork, intake, exhaust, 1-piece driveshaft, etc

The end looks to finally be in-sight.

Of course, then I need to finish the rest of the plan - complete the new Skybox mounting, test fit the 958 PCCB brakes in order to have radial to axial mounting adapters fabricated, do the test fitting of the new wheels to determine proper spacer widths for the stance, and probably give the thing a much more thorough detailing than the body shop will when they return it to me.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:00 PM
Very nice! Glad to see the car coming along

Old 02-12-2018, 07:51 PM
Front Bumper is painted and almost completely assembled - grill kit, fog lights, parking sensors, new 958 combo lights, etc. That and the hood should be going on later this week. We also eliminated the headlight washers, filling and smoothing those trap doors for a more finished look, since I don't drive the car in a salty winter climate.

With the bumper off, here's a good view of the new Tornado & Hurricane horns installed, and the larger FVD intercoolers.

x

Last edited by Petza914; 02-12-2018 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:17 PM
The body shop was planning to install the hood and front bumper this afternoon, so this morning I made a visit to install the custom hood pad liner I made. which is much easier to do with the hood laying flat than on its hinges. Also tied-up the wiring neatly inside the front bumper with wire ties and adhesive square wire tie anchors.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:06 PM
The body shop was getting the car ready to go to Porsche on Monday to have the gas drained and renewed, bleed some sub-systems, and give it a once over.

Looks like a car again, but really needs the larger, wider wheels installed. That will be at the top of the list once she comes back home, along with taking measurements to have the radial to axial caliper adapters made for the PCCB setup, and to clear-bra a few areas that will get beat up from road debris !

Old 02-25-2018, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Petza914
The body shop was getting the car ready to go to Porsche on Monday to have the gas drained and renewed, bleed some sub-systems, and give it a once over.

Looks like a car again, but really needs the larger, wider wheels installed. That will be at the top of the list once she comes back home, along with taking measurements to have the radial to axial caliper adapters made for the PCCB setup, and to clear-bra a few areas that will get beat up from road debris !
Looks great!!! Have you ordered the new wheels? I'm sure you're excited to get her back.

Old 02-25-2018, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by OEkun1
Looks great!!! Have you ordered the new wheels? I'm sure you're excited to get her back.
Yup, had them for over a year, just waiting. 22x12 with 315/30 tires

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Misha Widebody Cayenne 957 Turbo S Project