Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

12 Cayenne Turbo - ID the trailer wiring control unit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 01:59 PM
Joshua Nelson is an unknown quantity at this point
12 Cayenne Turbo - ID the trailer wiring control unit?

I am the 2nd owner of a '12 Cayenne Turbo.

It came with a receiver hitch, which I was told was the OEM trailer hitch by the seller. However, now that I've gone to actually use it, I can't find any wiring harness.

I've been told that I need to find the control unit somewhere in the trunk, but that it's only labeled in German, and that I may not even have one if the 1st owner was shady and only had an aftermarket receiver hitch installed with no wiring.

I would really appreciate if someone could snap a photo or 2 of the trailer wiring control unit so I know what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-07-2018, 04:21 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I could be wrong but on earlier models it was located on the passenger side in the pocket just inside the rear hatch. It looks like it's part # is ...

G7P0907383G
Control Unit for Porsche Cayenne, Panamera

At least that is what Auto Atlanta shows on the diagrams here... part 16

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-p...section=901-03

Old 08-05-2018, 04:39 PM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
OK so out of these two pics, the one that shows the red harness connector is the control module. It's mounted horizontally. There's also a black harness that connects to it as well. My control module is part of the kit you can order from Suncoast Porsche so I'm not sure if the true factory installed version has a third plug-in or not (I think it would be a blue connector). It was hard to get the light in there enough to see it.

The other pic with the socket sitting on top of the black plastic mount with the other harness connectors is where the red connector was mounted (held) before I did the retro fit. That red harness connector is what is now plugged into the control module.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:41 PM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
And that's all behind the small pull-out cover/panel in the rear cargo area on the passenger side.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:18 PM
NoEardGoat is infamous around these parts
If your looking for the wiring on the Cayenne to connect to the trailer's wiring I believe it's behind 4 screws under a panel to the left of the hitch. You will need to purchase PNA-955-118-93-B Which will adapt the Porsche wiring to a normal trailer plug.
If you receiver has 2 circular loops on the bottom it's likely the factory unit. It looks quite a bit different than the aftermarket ones.
I am under the impression to control the brakes on a trailer you need to install an aftermarket trailer brake controller and adapter harness to plug into the Cayenne pigtail which is under the dash, behind the center console.

Old 10-23-2019, 07:07 PM
carreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the rough
The red plug on my 2014 958 was located on that plug bracket shown above, attached to a dummy slot on bracket. It was sort of obvious on mine. Also I have the 7PO907383F module.

Old 11-03-2019, 08:02 AM
carreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the rough
Yesterday morning I went to the dealer to get my module programmed. they did it without a hitch - pun intended. I can see the light on the dash etc. All seems to work perfectly. I did buy a $7 trailer hitch tester tester on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EOV46U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EOV46U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
. I am very happy with the install. well worth the time and effort. I did get a used factory hitch and module on ebay, and the longer bolts and wire harness from Sunset.

Last edited by carreracup03; 11-03-2019 at 10:09 AM.