Cayenne
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Cayenne s vs 2010 cayenne gts ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 12:02 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
2012 Cayenne s vs 2010 cayenne gts ?

I am thinking about getting another cayenne ( had 2 turbos previously ) and don't want to spend the money for another tubo , should I go with a 2012 cayenne s or should I find a low mile 2010 cayenne gts? Does anyone know how the drive differs? Thanks for the input .

Old 01-30-2012, 08:58 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Personally, I would go with the new Cayenne S.

I have a 2010 Cayenne GTS, my father has a new 2012 Cayenne Turbo and my brother got a new 2012 Cayenne S's. The interior, the fit and finish, the ergonomics, the long distance ride comfort and the MPG is such a drastic improvement over the previous generation, it is hard to to choose the GTS over the new Cayennes. I think the only think that the GTS going for it is the handling is superb and the you won't have to shell out 90-95K to get a decently optioned car as you would the new Cayenne S's.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:33 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
i went from a GTS to the new cayenne S... night and day! definitely would recommend a 2012.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Cayenne A4 GTS is on a distinguished road
GTS if you like the looks and the ride!!!

So, for my 2 cents, if you want the car to handle and you want the car to standout and look really unique the GTS is it. Yes, with a newer car you get a newer interior and some new tech and it is more efficient, but in my opinion, the GTS is a less powerful turbo and not a dressed up S. The S can't handle the track like the GTS. Plus, you can get a 6SPEED!!!

Good luck with your decision, sure you'll love it either way.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:21 AM
GTS Jay has a spectacular aura aboutGTS Jay has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Fkim011
Personally, I would go with the new Cayenne S.

I have a 2010 Cayenne GTS, my father has a new 2012 Cayenne Turbo and my brother got a new 2012 Cayenne S's. The interior, the fit and finish, the ergonomics, the long distance ride comfort and the MPG is such a drastic improvement over the previous generation, it is hard to to choose the GTS over the new Cayennes. I think the only think that the GTS going for it is the handling is superb and the you won't have to shell out 90-95K to get a decently optioned car as you would the new Cayenne S's.
My sentiment exactly. If I could get a 2011 S for what I paid for my GTS (and with lots of options) I would have done that instead. If you can get (afford) a well optioned 2011 S with PDCC then you'd have the handling as well...

Old 02-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Get the 2011+ cayenne any model over the GTS. I had a GTS and the new ones are fantastic and interior is so refined.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Cayenne A4 GTS is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know where the GTS stands in track times against the 2011+ CS. I don't really care about going faster in a straight line as much as I do about DRIVING, an art that takes skill...

I'm sure the newer generation looks a lot better inside, it should as the old generation had been around since 03. But if you're a purist, you're probably not too concerned with the new interior. If you want style and don't care about handling as much then yea the interior is nice. Options are all al a cart with Porsche so a GTS will cost you a lot less like mentioned above.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:43 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
GTS Jay is the first person to mention the PDCC. IF both models had the PDCC option, the new one would be far superior with the 400lbs of weight loss. Also the 2012 CS has PTV as an option to go with the PDCC, that and the weight savings is another trait that the new model S will be far superior to the older GTS. Everyone else has already mentioned everything else that is so much better about the new model. But you will pay much more for a fully loaded CS compared to a barely used GTS.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Surfer is on a distinguished road
As much as I like the GTS, the only reason I see to get one now is if you want a manual trans (or save money), otherwise the new Cayenne is leagues nicer in both the way it drives and fit/finish. The weight loss across the line made such a big difference.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:44 PM
CedarZ4 is on a distinguished road
Depends on what you like.

I personally thikn the 957 is superior in terms of exterior design. However, 958 blows the interior of the younger brother out of the water.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:33 PM
jeadec is on a distinguished road
I had a few Cayenne's. The latest model is hands-down the better car. Once you drive it, you'll never ever consider spending time in a pre-2011 model again. GTS or not.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I just sold my GTS for my 13' Turbo. The newest itineration is hands down the better car, no question about it.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:15 PM
aaron9918 is on a distinguished road
I would pick GTS

Old 03-14-2016, 08:27 AM
malahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to behold
Please forgive me for reviving an old thread, but i figured everyone would appreciate it over me starting a new one

I currently own 06 Carrera 4. I absolutely love the handling and traction of this car even in wet. Being a 6 spd its as responsive to gas input as a car can be. But it has been a nightmare as far as reliability so im looking for something newer. Going back to a Mercedes i would need an AMG to put me even remotely in the area of a carrera but i don't feel like paying AMG maintenance prices.
And I also now in need of more room than Carrera provides for hauling stuff so getting another one is out of the picture for now.

So what i'm trying to figure out is if 09-10 GTS handles as good or better than the 11 and up Cayene. I've had the new Cayenne as a loaner several times while Carrera was at the stealler and handling is really good for such a large car. And that was a base model w/o adjustable shocks.Transmission is also quite responsive for an automatic.

So will older GTS handle better than the new Cayene? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:43 PM
jdec is on a distinguished road
get the newer model!

Originally Posted by malahhaor
Please forgive me for reviving an old thread, but i figured everyone would appreciate it over me starting a new one

I currently own 06 Carrera 4. I absolutely love the handling and traction of this car even in wet. Being a 6 spd its as responsive to gas input as a car can be. But it has been a nightmare as far as reliability so im looking for something newer. Going back to a Mercedes i would need an AMG to put me even remotely in the area of a carrera but i don't feel like paying AMG maintenance prices.
And I also now in need of more room than Carrera provides for hauling stuff so getting another one is out of the picture for now.

So what i'm trying to figure out is if 09-10 GTS handles as good or better than the 11 and up Cayene. I've had the new Cayenne as a loaner several times while Carrera was at the stealler and handling is really good for such a large car. And that was a base model w/o adjustable shocks.Transmission is also quite responsive for an automatic.

So will older GTS handle better than the new Cayene? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
I would definitively go with the newer model. I have owned one of the first Cayennes and had many quality issues with a never-ending stream of factory recalls! After a 3-year pause from that brand I got a 2012 Cayenne S (with air suspension and 20inch wheels) and I'm still in love. Difference is like "day and night" - totally reliable and a superior daily driver.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 Cayenne s vs 2010 cayenne gts ?