Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

moe who does this look!?

Old 11-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a car we detailed over the summer:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=89530

Old 11-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PltnmLifestyle
i like the deep glossy finish since I have a jet black car....any suggestions on products
Durability wise, you can expect the higher-end carnaubas to last 3-12 months. By durability, I mean protection. As far as the richness and depth of color, the look will start deminishing 3-6 months depending on which wax you go with. I have not used swissvax and cannot really comment on its performance. I do know a bit about zymol , and can tell you it will perform very well and it will achieve the depth you're after. Bottom line though is the prep. Make sure you do a great job polishing with the SIP and 106FF. Here's a link to a fellow 6speeder and his experience with SIP, 106FF, zymol HD-Cleanse, and concours.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=94097

Old 11-09-2007, 06:01 PM
///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about
heres another question I noticed after looking at those threads you guys just posted.....is it necessary to apply the wax by hand? why is it better?

Old 11-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
only certain Swissvax waxes need application by hand:

Concorso
Mystery
Devine

The rest its pretty much optional.

Moe is much more familiar with the Zymol line he will chime in on that.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:10 PM
///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about
here are the pads im going to purchase with the PC CCS Pad 6.5 inch Blue, White, Orange

Old 11-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Former Vendor
yes those would be fine.

orange for SIP
white for 106 or 85
blue for the wax or sealant

Old 11-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by pyiu
yes those would be fine.

orange for SIP
white for 106 or 85
blue for the wax or sealant
finally all my reading on detailing has got me to some level of understanding what each product does for different purposes

Old 11-09-2007, 11:36 PM
so heres my list of what im going to order from you my budget is $450 I have about $50 left and I think these are all I need.

1. Porter Cable
2. Menzerna 106FF
3. Menzerna SIP
4. Adams VRT
5. PC Backing Plate
6. Foammaster II Quart
7. P21S Wheel Gel Cleaner
8. CCS Pads Blue, White, Orange
9. Adams Metal Polish 1 & 2

Old 11-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Former Vendor
remember the forum code.

maybe some mf applicator pads, mf towels, and detail sponges for the vrt etc.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by pyiu
remember the forum code.

maybe some mf applicator pads, mf towels, and detail sponges for the vrt etc.
I was looking at some mf towels but did not know which ones to purchase so I will let that sit for couple days before I decide and I just added the detail sponges!

Old 11-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Former Vendor
very cool , the differences on the towels are size 16x16 and 16x24 and the colors blue and/or red.

The waffle weave towels are for drying the car and also great on windows.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:51 PM
phil another question on my mind if I were to apply the wax....should I buff it out with the pc or by hand with a towel?

Old 11-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Former Vendor
which wax or sealant are you thinking about?

Old 11-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Swissvax Onyx I am going to start with that and gradually move up

Old 11-14-2007, 06:48 AM
Former Vendor
You will be able to do that by hand with an applicator pad.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: moe who does this look!?