Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Detail shop in NYC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 05:03 PM
nyc997cab is on a distinguished road
Detail shop in NYC

Taking delivery of a 997c2S Cab in a few weeks. Looking for a good reliable detail shop in NYC for regular maintainence. How much should I be paying?

Old 03-17-2008, 05:15 PM
nycsurfer is on a distinguished road
I recommand Phil at detailer's domain ,he is one of the best in the area

http://www.detailersdomain.com/index...n=Custom&ID=66

Old 03-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nyc997cab
Taking delivery of a 997c2S Cab in a few weeks. Looking for a good reliable detail shop in NYC for regular maintainence. How much should I be paying?
What you pay all depends on who's doing the work and what your car needs done. As far as my details go, a 997 will run you $400-500; not including machine polishing or paint correction. Expect it to take about 6 hours. Make sure you call around and get references. Posting here on 6speed is a great start. I know Matt at Detailing Dynamics is one of the best detailers on the east coast and Phil does great work too. Hope this helps.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Former Vendor
PRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant future
What you should be paying depends of the color and condition of the car. Even a New car might need polishing if the prep work at the dealer wasnt done corectly. Usually our customers make sure they take delivery of the cars while still wraped and they bring them to us to take the factory protective film off and have a new paint to work with.
Our labor rate for detailing is $65/hr. But for 6Speedonline members it is discounted by 15% = $55/hr.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:44 PM
nyc997cab is on a distinguished road
Great. What would you suggest for a bright silver car "right out of the box"?

Old 03-20-2008, 06:55 AM
Former Vendor
PRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant future
First: I would clay it to make sure the paint pores are perfectly clean, then light polish, glaze and wax to get the brilliant look of the pearls in the paint. ($360) (6speed price)

Second: I strongly suggest paint protection film install on the front bumper, behind the front wheels behind the rear wheels and the foglights and headlights ($770.00 (6speedprice) including material and installation). Optional full hood and fender wings ($465 (6speed price) )

Third: Clear Euro Side Markers for the front bumper (best price you can find online)

Fourth: Silver Hood Badge to blend nicely with the rest of the car We have them or Eric from bumper plugs has them) our price is $120.00

Fifth: if you want to make the car look different then most cars like it on the road, I would tint the tail lights (light 50% transperancy) spray tint. ($280 for the pair with core exchange)

Sixth: You come to pick up the car, you fall in love with her once again, and take her out for a spin and to show her off to the neighbors

Attached Images      

Last edited by PRFCNST; 03-20-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:07 AM
vick57 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PRFCNST
Second: I strongly suggest paint protection film install on the front bumper, behind the front wheels behind the rear wheels and the foglights and headlights ($770.00 (6speedprice) including material and installation). Optional full hood and fender wings ($465 (6speed price) )
i'm getting my front bumper repaired and repainted next week. in your opinion, is it worth doing a protective film install on a MY03 car? if so, is 3M clear bra still the way to go or is there a better film technology?

thanks,
vick

Old 03-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by vick57
i'm getting my front bumper repaired and repainted next week. in your opinion, is it worth doing a protective film install on a MY03 car? if so, is 3M clear bra still the way to go or is there a better film technology?

thanks,
vick
Hi Vick,
it is worth having the film installed on the new paint job, but it is very important that the body shop wich is doing the work to prep the surface of the bumper well before spraying it. Many times the paint might look great but it does not mean it is strong enough to handle Paint Protection Film Install. I still preffer using 3M film since all the time I am noticing the imperfections that Venture Shiled comes with and it is almost impossible to maintain if you get any surface scratches on it.
Yes Venture has bigger sizes and there for we can do full custom wrapping, but the consumer needs to know the good and the bad things about any material.
Also speak to your body shop and installer of the film about the case if the paint lifts while the film is being installed or later on removed. We only warranty the paint work if its done by our body shop. If the customer had it done someplace else and comes for film install then there is no warranty and if the paint lifts, the customer still pays for the material and then has to have a new paint job done. I usually in such case discount the Film price by 20% since that is more or less the price of the material alone without labor.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:31 PM
vick57 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PRFCNST
Hi Vick,
it is worth having the film installed on the new paint job, but it is very important that the body shop wich is doing the work to prep the surface of the bumper well before spraying it. .....
thanks for the info.