Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

£9,000 Detail in Kuwait coming soon (Miracle style)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 09:00 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
For $18K, you could do a damn nice new paint job and just skip the detail

Old 05-30-2008, 09:29 AM
TT Tommy is on a distinguished road
You need to understand that to those clients 18k is like you or I spending 1.00 on a cup of coffee

Old 05-30-2008, 12:19 PM
J_Edwards will become famous soon enoughJ_Edwards will become famous soon enough
^^ Exactly.

Everyone seems to jump on Paul's case because he can charge that and they don't view it like it is worth it. Whether you think it is truly worth it or not isn't important, it is whether the customer does. Since Paul seems to have more business than he can possibly satisfy, obviously they are happy paying those prices.

We should all be so lucky.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by deputydog95
For $18K, you could do a damn nice new paint job and just skip the detail
A paint job on a verone is a bit more than $18K and it's not factory. Considering the cars, skill needed to work on them, and the expense, $18K for a detail accross the world is not a bad investment for someone that has the means and appreciation for this level of work.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Zaks will become famous soon enoughZaks will become famous soon enough
We should all be thanking Paul if anything... yes his 61 or w/e step process is marketing to make detailing sound more complicating than it really is... In my opinion, it's the skill and knowledge that's complicating and hard co come by, not the process of a detail

BUT he has amazing detailing skills (from what I've seen/read online) through which he shows clients the quality of a proper detail, allowing us all to charge what our services are worth, instead of being a crappy detailer selling big $$ details and ruining it for the rest of us.

I commend him for getting his name out as he did and I can only hope to do similar in the future.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:42 PM
auto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to behold
18k Detail

Here is what you have to consider.....

.At least 60.00 - 75.00 $ hourly
.Airfare
.Logistics for equipment(shipping)
.Hot as the surface of the Sun temps to work in
.Hotel & food
.Microfiber cleaning(at this clients house?)

And getting payment........... at least 75% up front please, at the highest level that Paul works in this job is not really to out of line.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Rydawg is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by auto concierge
Here is what you have to consider.....

.At least 60.00 - 75.00 $ hourly
.Airfare
.Logistics for equipment(shipping)
.Hot as the surface of the Sun temps to work in
.Hotel & food
.Microfiber cleaning(at this clients house?)

And getting payment........... at least 75% up front please, at the highest level that Paul works in this job is not really to out of line.
I would want the same also.

Add in being away from the family and in a different country too.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:49 PM
jej3 is on a distinguished road
A bit of my perspective...

In my profession, we work with customers who pay us $150-$300/hr and these are corporations or US Government agencies. Not people bathing in crude who FART rolls of $100 bills.

Paul is highly regarded and as such, deserves his spoils as does his supplier. I am not too sure about posting for general consumption his escapades (maybe he said "Go for it"). Seems on the cusp of "look at me, I am supplying this guy" OR maybe we're just all living vicariously through a detailer.

Good Luck, Paul. Detail well and don't touch de tale at the well

Old 05-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Rydawg is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Paul for his most expensive detail.

If I did not have a kid, I would be traveling also. I have passed up some great offers.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:40 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jej3
A bit of my perspective...

In my profession, we work with customers who pay us $150-$300/hr and these are corporations or US Government agencies. Not people bathing in crude who FART rolls of $100 bills.

Paul is highly regarded and as such, deserves his spoils as does his supplier. I am not too sure about posting for general consumption his escapades (maybe he said "Go for it"). Seems on the cusp of "look at me, I am supplying this guy" OR maybe we're just all living vicariously through a detailer.

Good Luck, Paul. Detail well and don't touch de tale at the well
This is Paul's marketing style, so can't blame a man there. As I've mentioned before, there are MANY great detailers that we all probably don't know about because they choose to stay low-key. It's an ego thing. The biggest props I give to Paul is the awareness he's created for the professional detailer to the end-user. So whether you agree or disagree with his marketing, sales, promotion style, you cannot fault his impact to the detailing industry. Ultimately, the marketplace dictates what something should cost. And if he is booked and traveling world-wide, then that says there's a need for it.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:42 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Rydawg
Congrats to Paul for his most expensive detail.

If I did not have a kid, I would be traveling also. I have passed up some great offers.
It all depends on what's your priority in life. I think family comes first, so you're a star in that aspect

Old 06-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
I guess some are interested in this post and some aren't....I feel that Paul has changed the detailing industry. Even given some of the manufacturers that he has represented some new life and definitely sales! (I guess its his style of marketing) He's let prospective customers understand what detailing/paint correction is all about, given many detailers the ability to command more a higher pay scale...really it could have been any of us but its Paul that has pioneered detailing into this (good for him)

Here is an update of his travels:

Originally Posted by Paul Dalton aka Miracle
Hey Guys,

Here some pictures...

This is the hotel im staying at...

This is where my client took me for dinner last night, Kuwait towers. Unbelievable views from the top!

And today I started detailing the Bugatti...

Tomorrow I will make a start on this, plus I have a few more finishing touches to do to the Bugatti and its 2nd layer of wax to be applied!

This Ferrari 599GTB is absolutely stunning, I am very excited about tomorrow...

Unfortunately, due to the Bugatti Veyron being the only one in Kuwait at the moment, it got a lot of attention today, the whole bodyshop wouldn't stop bothering me as well especially when I was doing the washing processes, so I wasn't able to get as many photos as I wanted.

My main concern was to impress my client as always, but my client did get about 15 videos of me working on his car! But you will all have to wait for them as he wants to edit them and put them all together with some nice music! :thumb:

I just can't wait for a ride in the Bugatti and the 599 now. Can't wait to feel what a 1001bhp feels like.

Kind Regards
Paul Dalton.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Some of not all of the items that Paul will be using on this detail:

1 Grit guard Bucket Caddy Kit
2 Zymol sponges
3 clay bars
2 big bottle Swissvax car bath
1 Swissvax wheel brush
2 bottles of P21s wheel gel 1000ml
1 bottle of P21s Auto wash 1000ml
1 Big bottle of Swissvax Pneu (white)
1 big bottle of cleaner fluid normal
2 Swissvax mixing bottles
1 bottle of Swissvax Quick finish
20 foam applicators
20 high quality microfibres, for removing wax, and cleaning windows.
10 cotton applicators
1 Swissvax leather cleaner brush
1 Swissvax window cleaner
1 Menzerna Final finish 106fa
1 Menzerna intensive polish 85rd 3.02
4 inch rotary backing plate
5.5 inch 2 yellow/3 orange/3 green/3 white/2 blue/2 black /2 red
1 Foam pad cleaner,orange one.
1 Einszett cockpit Premium
1 Einszett metal polish
1 Boars detail brush
4 inch pads 2 yellow/3 orange/3 white/2 black
menzerna top inspection

Old 06-01-2008, 08:43 AM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
From the pictures it looks like both cars are about 95%+ condition...obviously you cant tell from pictures the condition of the clear coat, but that Buggati looks wet for a starting picture or is that indeed after the detail? The Ferrari looks to be in pretty wonderful condition as well.
If it's before, well I don't even know what to say...thats a good use of 18k...
If' it's after, Paul did a great job to make gold look that good, but I'm certain any of the sponsors of the forum could replicate closely...
Not hating on Paul, I'm sure he's excellent at what he does, I just think it's a better case of marketing that a substantial improvement in units of quality per dollar than Moe or Phil.

Second, haha @ him having to work at the temp of the sun...that garage is probably better cooled and humidity controlled than most hospitals.

Finally, when you have cars like these 18k is a drop in the bucket, that being said, if it is indeed an oil baron...then like someone brought up the point, we're the ones paying for this detail and all the toys. Yes I know how capitalism works, but someone who controls oil isn't someone who invented something amazing or actually "worked" for their money but did little more than inherit the rights to be a billionaire...I'm confident it doesn't take a brilliant buisness mind to sell a product the whole world will always need in a pretty much economically inelastic relationship.

I have greater respect for just about everyone else in the world. Just my opinion.

Also, I'm not sure how oil prices are set 100%, but I'm fairly certain a great part of the influence comes from the suppliers that are still making record profits while the rest of the world salaries don't even compensate for inflation. So yay for him being able to afford this and the cars and the detail...but the hell if I'm not considering where the dough came from...

Old 06-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor
I would have to say these are before shots. I'm sure there will be paint correction involved as they are in the desert.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: £9,000 Detail in Kuwait coming soon (Miracle style)