Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

£9,000 Detail in Kuwait coming soon (Miracle style)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:22 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
whoa, amazing...

Old 06-02-2008, 09:00 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Just how much work can really be needed on a relatively new exotic car that is probably not driven very much? I say this with my obvious lack of knowledge of what high end detailers actually do to a car for that kind of money. Boats, old cars, daily drivers, etc... they take all sorts of abuse. Of course even then I'm not spending 1000 dollars to get a camry detailed What is there really to do on new cars such as these that are not driven every day?

Old 06-03-2008, 06:20 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
here is why you need to detail/paint correct a new car.

this is one we did last year, the car had 3000 miles on it.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...light=concorso

Old 06-03-2008, 06:48 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Wow, that's awful. Did the dealer run it through the car wash down at the local gas station?

Honestly, I kind of expect that to a certain degree from car dealers at that price point. However, Ferrari and Bugatti, I would have much higher expectations. Maybe I am working under the wrong assumption that if you spend that much on a car, it will get delivered in perfect condition.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:03 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
dealers don't pay their contracted guys or their in house detailers what they need or even give them the time it requires to do the right thing by the customers, unfortunately I haven't seen a dealer in a long time at least in my area that has delivered a car the way it should be delivered.

When showing the customer what we are doing we do 50/50 shots, or put a light gun to it. When they see all the paint imperfections they nearly always pass out.

When a customers tells me his car is mint its usually in the worst shape ever, when I hear trust me Phil its brand new its got 1000 miles on it, I usually think to myself oh boy this is going to take me 2 days min.

Figure this one in college I was helping them prep cars at a Bentley /Rolls dealer for $7 bucks an hour Good thing I had a clue but some of the other guys dropped mitts, never cleaned out the buckets, just the basics where not even done to prevent anything, it just made things worse.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Banned
MrGloss is on a distinguished road
Just thought I would chime in. I have been professionally detailing for the past 20 years. I can understand and appreciate the Paul is getting paid for "what he knows not what he does". Like anything else if someone is willing to pay him this amount of money my hat off to him!

I own and operate a shop in Las Vegas, NV, which I will not name at this time due to board rules. Are clientele is very hi profile and are willing to pay “Top dollar” for our detailing services and paint correction. Our Hourly rate is 70.00 Per Hr Per Man. ( includes Labor & Material ). We have had jobs that exceeded 3000.00 to 5000.00 where a customer had requested a full color-sand and buff. Total complete ion time to anywhere between 50 and 100 hours.

What has me concerned is that we currently have several Buccati Veyron customers two of which are red / black. The paint finish is excellent and has not required much in the way of heavy duty paint correction. I also have reviewed the list of product that has been order and find is hard to believe that Paul will need so many products from different companies??

I have spent the last 10 years testing and developing my own detail products and paint correction and polishing system, again cannot not mention my company name due to board rules. I can say that there are many excellent products on the list but not one company that could get the job finished start to finish. I totally understand why Paul has chosen so many different products to get the job done.

I have e-mailed the admin for the last two weeks requesting to become a sponsor of the board. What is weird that not one has returned my e-mails? I would like to help members on the board achieve the best possible finish, but respect the board rules. If anyone knows the board admin or board owner could you please have them contact me?

Please enjoy the pictures of one of our Buccati customers. Cheers!
MrGloss

http://

Old 06-03-2008, 12:22 PM
AG007 is on a distinguished road
My Congrats to Paul for moving the bar higher for high end detailers!

Old 06-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Zaks will become famous soon enoughZaks will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by detailersdomain
When showing the customer what we are doing we do 50/50 shots, or put a light gun to it. When they see all the paint imperfections they nearly always pass out.
Phil, I tried requesting such photos from Paul on Detailing Bliss forum, but my post went completely unnoticed... if possible, please have Paul take some REAL photos of those cars he's detailing, because as much as I do trust he has the skill level to properly correct paint, he's only shown us washed and maybe waxed cars... again, don't take this the wrong way, but I want to see what exactly he's correcting.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:12 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Like 1 person mentioned, you need to consider the liability on his end. If he's detailing a car that is $1.5M, imagine the cost for him if he makes a mistake, say a scratch or ends up buffing through the clear coat, it's not going to be pretty. He charges what his customers are willing to pay, thats it.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by lecchilo
Phil, I tried requesting such photos from Paul on Detailing Bliss forum, but my post went completely unnoticed... if possible, please have Paul take some REAL photos of those cars he's detailing, because as much as I do trust he has the skill level to properly correct paint, he's only shown us washed and maybe waxed cars... again, don't take this the wrong way, but I want to see what exactly he's correcting.
he's going hours on end and the funny thing is 2 cars has now turned into 4-5 cars. So I have no idea if he has time to take pics...but I'm pretty sure he will be documenting this in full detail.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:23 AM
auto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to behold
Price/expectation

Mr Gloss has finally nailed it for anyone who questions pricing for true paint correction!!, now like anyone I know Paul from what I see and hear from others on this board(phil) is really a true pro and he has marketed himself in a way to command the higher pricing and that is good for any service that can deliver the kind of service that is expected at that price point.

The reason most people balk at paying the high price(clients) is because what detailers do is short lived and one bad wash or a dirty towel can ruin a twenty hour paint correction in an instant. I recently did a CLK - 63 black of course..... and the guy had tried to sell the car for six months!! no would bite until one guy came and looked at the car then gave him a low ball offer and then left. I did a twelve hour correction now mind you the car had 6,500 miles and was brand new by most people's standards, the client puts the car out on a local street and the same guy calls him back that low balled him before, this time he buy's the Mercedes at my clients full asking price which was six thousand dollars more than the previous offer without bringing that car up to the highest standard the price would not have been met or possibly the car might not have sold at all.

On a side note Mr Gloss how do make a profit @ 70.00 per with a shop and all the overhead that comes with a fixed location ie: garage keepers insurance, workman's comp, rent , ect........ you must have real lowwwww rent.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:30 AM
BeastRides101 is on a distinguished road
Damn you oil tycoons..........

Old 06-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by auto concierge

On a side note Mr Gloss how do make a profit @ 70.00 per with a shop and all the overhead that comes with a fixed location ie: garage keepers insurance, workman's comp, rent , ect........ you must have real lowwwww rent.
Mr. Auto concierge
to answer your question regarding my 70.00 labor rate:

I have owned and operated my detail shop for the past 20 years, last 12 years in Vegas. My staff consists of 5 detail technicians and one shop foreman. If I was an owner operator it would be very difficult to make money. The way I bill my detail jobs is 70.00 Per Hour Per man. Do the math with 6 detail technicians and you will see that you can now make money!

I have been working on my paint correction polishes and detail product formulations for the past 10 years. I have very big plans for the future. We are in the process of setting up our authorize detail centers and dealers. We also plan on our detail university with certification for paint correction.

If you would like to visit my websites or speak with me please PM me.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Banned
auto concierge:

Cannot PM you. Im a new member and need at least 15 post's. My e-mail. granite@powernet.net.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:50 AM
auto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to behold
Profit

Mr Gloss I stand CORRECTED, any Ferrari dealership or other high shop will have at least 135.00$ labor rate per hour. Her in the bay area Ferrari Silicon Valley has a shop labor rate of 160.00$ per hour.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: £9,000 Detail in Kuwait coming soon (Miracle style)