Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

£9,000 Detail in Kuwait coming soon (Miracle style)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 10:41 AM
miamicls550 can only hope to improve
What a detail that must be!!

Old 06-01-2008, 02:15 PM
cellg8 is on a distinguished road
Thank you for sharing, Phil!!! Didn't know you know Paul...haha... Does he get his supplies from you and you ship them to England for him?

Old 06-01-2008, 04:05 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
A paint job on a verone is a bit more than $18K and it's not factory. Considering the cars, skill needed to work on them, and the expense, $18K for a detail accross the world is not a bad investment for someone that has the means and appreciation for this level of work.
I was kidding about the paint job on the Bugatti.

I guess I don't understand how a couple of essentially new cars need that level of detailing.... And if even if they did need a little work, it seems kind of unusual to spend $9K per vehicle to have your car cleaned.

I can't picture anyone in our country spending that kind of money on a detail. Are there people paying these rates for a detail in the US? I clean my own cars, but what does a really good detail job cost here in the states? I was guessing $500 would be at the top end of the spectrum? In Florida it seems that the going rate is $150-200 depending on the condition.

More power to the gentleman doing the work. He has created quite the niche for himself, and I applaud him for being able to market himself successfully to an audience that is more than willing to pay the fees he commands.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
videos uploaded:

Originally Posted by Paul Dalton aka Miracle
Hey Guys,

Gotta be quick as I am getting taken out again...

A couple of videos.... I will be online later to ask any questions...

YouTube - bugatti veyron and miracle detail in kuwait

YouTube - bugatti veyron is getting waxed

YouTube - bugatti veyron detailing final result

Kind Regards
Paul

Old 06-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
A nice shot more to come...

Old 06-01-2008, 08:37 PM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
^Awesome picture.

Buggati looks stunning, but I expect it would considering the condition it started and the money spent. Like deputydog, still don't get the need for all that on a essentially brand new car...but oh well, results are fun to look at.

Good thing it doesn't rain much there in Kuwait, one shower and most of the visual effect of that 9k detail literally just washed down the drain.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Former Vendor
sometimes its just bragging rights you know , hey I'm the first with the Bugatti now I'm the first to bring Paul here to do my car.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:45 PM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
^haha very true.

I honestly can't say too much about it being a ridiculous amount for a detail, the car itself is well over a million, and if I had that kind of money you could bet there would be one in my garage...so there, I shut myself up, haha.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Former Vendor
same here if I had the dough I would share the wealth...and I too would have a Bugatti.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Grouse is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by stradaONE8
^Awesome picture.

Buggati looks stunning, but I expect it would considering the condition it started and the money spent. Like deputydog, still don't get the need for all that on a essentially brand new car...but oh well, results are fun to look at.

The last brand new car I detailed was a 997TT that Moe and Phil sent my way.

Total polishing with two guys was about 16 man hours, Interior work was just shy of 6 hours. Exterior prep work was about 8 man hours.

The dealer had don nothing other than remove the first layers of plastic so it could be driven to the customers house. 6 miles or so.

The car before that was a g37, that required a decontamination wash, 2 hours of claying, and 18 hours of polishing.

New cars are not perfect. They are even worse when 7 dollar an hour lot boys prep them for the owners.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Former Vendor
2nd that one big time!

Old 06-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by deputydog95
I was kidding about the paint job on the Bugatti.

I guess I don't understand how a couple of essentially new cars need that level of detailing.... And if even if they did need a little work, it seems kind of unusual to spend $9K per vehicle to have your car cleaned.

I can't picture anyone in our country spending that kind of money on a detail. Are there people paying these rates for a detail in the US? I clean my own cars, but what does a really good detail job cost here in the states? I was guessing $500 would be at the top end of the spectrum? In Florida it seems that the going rate is $150-200 depending on the condition.

More power to the gentleman doing the work. He has created quite the niche for himself, and I applaud him for being able to market himself successfully to an audience that is more than willing to pay the fees he commands.

Lol 150-200, are you serious. Lets break that down.

if they have a business lisc, ins, garage keepers ins, pay taxes and employees. their rate has to be a minimum of 60 an hour per person. 75-85 is better breathing room for the company.

200 dollars divided by 60 is 3.3 hours. My wash and clay are just finishing at that point or i might have just started taping things off.

500 / 60 = 8.3 hours. I can complete a simple polish seal and clean in 8 man hours, depending on the level of soiling.

For what it is worth I have 2 jobs this week. Estimated time of the 20ft boat 40 man hours, Estimated time of the 68 caddy is 40-48 man hours. I'm not doing it for 500 bucks.

Last edited by Grouse; 06-01-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:04 PM
bigman is on a distinguished road
40 hours x even the lower end $60 = wow!

I'm not saying it's out of line- I guess as a hobbyist I didn't realize how much the high end jobs were.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Keep in mind that with hours like that it is as much restoration work as it is "detail" in the cracks and crevices work.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:45 AM
J_Edwards will become famous soon enoughJ_Edwards will become famous soon enough
A big thing that a lot of people don't think about, is the liability and overall responsibility that a high end detailer has to have.

You have to know what you are doing, that is a given. But you also have to be able to deal with the curveballs that every car seems to throw you. Every single detail is different, yet the result that a high end detailer has to deliver needs to always be the same.

You are paying for the product knowledge that a real pro has. You are paying for the passion that they have behind their work, that drive to really make something perfect rather than a drive simply to finish the job.

I feel pretty confident, even in the company of the pros here in saying this, but when I do a job the car isn't as important as the result. Obviously a Veyron is sweet, and I would be nervous getting to work on something like that, but it isn't the car that matters, it is the result. Whether I am doing a F430 or a Camry, I still strive for that perfection, that is universal. So when you pay top dollar, you are paying for that detailer that honestly looks out for the best possible finish first, and the money second.

It seems like this should be obvious for all detailers, but that is far from the case. If I had a nickel for every car I have corrected from someone who polished a car just to get it polished, I would have an *** load of nickels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: £9,000 Detail in Kuwait coming soon (Miracle style)