Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Convertible Top

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:31 PM
MattAu is on a distinguished road
Convertible Top

What do you guys recommend for cleaning and protecting the convertible top on a Porsche Cabriolet?

Old 10-14-2009, 09:24 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
I have seen strong recommendations (then reinforced by others) for the cleaning and protection products by the name of Raggtop. I have purchased some of each product but haven't used them yet. Pretty soon, maybe this weekend...

Old 10-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Raggtop is an excellent product +1

John

Old 10-15-2009, 06:45 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for 303, but I hear that Raggtop is super stuff as well. You could not go wrong with either brand. If your top is canvas, vacuum it really well in between cleanings. Dust gets down in between the fibers and causes wear. Not an issue with vinyl, obviously. I bought a cover that fits over just the soft top that I use all the time to keep the dust to a minimum.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:48 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Rode & Schwalenbert Global Minority Business Network(GMBN) Germany the world leading manufacturer of automobile convertible tops exclusively recommends Harrtz RaggTop Cleaners and Protectant. Developed specifically for cleaning, re-proofing and preserving convertible tops, these cleaning kits consist of two products:
1.Cleaner to remove soiling, stains and atmospheric pollution for both natural and synthetic materials. The best cleaners are formulated from low-pH (low alkalinity) and gentle enough for repeated use over years. They will rely on proteins and enzymes for their safe, but effective, cleaning power.

2.Fabric protector to re-proof and preserve fabric tops from the effects of water absorption, surface soiling and staining, and provide a sunscreen from UV radiation and subsequent fading. It has the best UV protection of any product on the market, and it repels dirt, grease, and oil. It doesn’t make your vinyl top glossy or greasy-looking. It will have the natural matte sheen of new vinyl.

Alternative product- this is the fabric protector recommended by Glen Raven Mills (Sunbrella) and the Harrtz Corporation, 303™ High Tech Fabric Guard restores lost water repellence and stain repellence to factory new levels. It stops leaks, resists soiling and impedes mildew formation and helps protect against the sun's harmful UV rays.

See also - Convertible Top Detailing – http://tinyurl.com/m88dma
http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f8/convertible-top-detailing-7902.html

An extract from “Automotive Detailing, Inside & Out”, a knowledge base for the perfectionist © TOGWT ™ Ltd Copyright 2002-2009, all rights reserved.

This book will enable direct access to five decades of detailing knowledge and experience

Old 10-18-2009, 05:45 PM
MattAu is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the advice guys, I am going to get myself some Raggtopp products now. Should I get their leather cleaner and conditioner as well? Or are there better ones out there?

Old 10-18-2009, 09:40 PM
lidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to all
I just used RaggTop today and really like the cleaner. I haven't used the protector yet, but I've heard good things.

Although as soon as I got done cleaning the top, a bird pood on it. The timing was perfect but funny.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:17 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
I use raggtop on mine

Old 12-30-2009, 10:32 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
How often do you fellas treat the top? I've heard 1x a year and 1x every 2 years. Is there a rule of thumb? tks

Old 12-30-2009, 03:09 PM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Apply a fabric protector (Harrtz RaggTop Protectant) each quarter (adjust for use / and or environmental conditions)