Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

tips on cleaning perforated leather???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:20 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
tips on cleaning perforated leather???

i noticed that the leather in my 997.2 "stains" esp when conditioning. It seems like the cleaner & conditioner goes into the holes, leaving it darker than the surface. Spreading it very evenly helps slightly. I conditioned my seats over 2 weeks ago and the "staining" is still present. any tips on how to avoid this? tks

Old 02-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kosmo69
i noticed that the leather in my 997.2 "stains" esp when conditioning. It seems like the cleaner & conditioner goes into the holes, leaving it darker than the surface. Spreading it very evenly helps slightly. I conditioned my seats over 2 weeks ago and the "staining" is still present. any tips on how to avoid this? tks
What products are you using? There shouldn't be any staining. One of the key reason why our leather application always looks even is our CCS Applicators:

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...or-cln-/Detail

You may also be using too much product. A few light applications is better than a heavy application.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:02 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
You need a product that dries clear on perforated leather and as far as conditioning goes, a little of the product goes a looong way. You may be applying too much.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:45 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Using Foam to clean leather surfaces
Foam is extremely efficient for the cleaning of general soiling and water based stains on leather surfaces (including Nubuck, brushed aniline suede and perforated leathers). Always pre-test the product on a hidden area.
The advantage of foam over liquid is the minimum amount of moisture, very important for cleaning absorbent materials. Do not allow to dry as it can leave spot marks. For heavily soiled areas, or where the leather has become ingrained such as in creases in the leather, a soft brush can be used to agitate and loosen the dirt.
These steps may be all you need to clean these surface but if it still appears stained, you can try adding a small amount of white vinegar to a soft washcloth and gently buff the surface.
Be sure to do your patch test first. For rally stubborn stains; clean the surface with 303™ Cleaner & Spot Remover (do not saturate) it removes oil, grease, ink, berry juice, wine and blood. It contains no soaps, detergents, phosphates, nitrates, caustics, toxic organics, enzymes or volatile organic chemicals (VOC)
Foam Cleaner (N-Nubuck / Alcantara® ) is a solvent free pump action product, which is extremely efficient for the cleaning of general soiling and water based stains on Nubuck, brushed aniline suede and perforated leathers. Always pre-test the product on a hidden area. This cleaner is an aerosol version of Leather Master™ Strong Cleaner

Old 02-09-2010, 07:33 PM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
zymol cleaner follow by zymol conditioner and meguiars. Both conditioners did the same thing,darkening the surface.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Premium Sponsor
GlisteningTech is on a distinguished road
I would first start with the cleanest surface that you can get, something like our Auto Glym interior cleaner should remove any residual conditioner from the surface that could be causing any type of staining or color shift.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...ttle%2C/Detail

Work it in with a soft bristled horse hair brush to make sure that you have complete coverage, even in the perforated areas.

If you are using a Leather conditioner like Zymol Treat, you might want to try buffing it off after it has dried, then follow that up with something like 1Z C0ckpit Premium.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...00mL%2C/Detail

One of the things that we use it for, is to achieve an even finish. After the application of a leather conditioner, in our case we use Swissvax Leather Milk, sometimes the leather has a darker color in areas where it was applied a little more heavily. The Einszett will help to even out the tones to give you a solid and even finish.