Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Wax removal help needed badly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 09:41 AM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
Wax removal help needed badly

I've really screwed up here. I was applying carnuba was on my 997 and I got the wax all into the fabric sunroof seal. So now the fabric seal on my black car is half white and looks pretty bad.

I've spent a long time trying the Griot's wax remover product, but it's just not getting it out.

Can anyone recommend any technique for doing this? Or a different product? Anything at all?

Thanks much!

Old 07-14-2010, 10:52 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
maybe try using dawn (dish detergent) with a soft tooth brush? you want to be gentle so you don't wear out the seal. something that would strip out wax. rubbing with a cloth wont do it. a brush should help. it's not that bad!

Old 07-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
We usually use compressed air, and it usually gets the wax out. Sometimes you will need to shampoo the seal using Auto Glym Interior Cleaner and a toothbrush, then dry with compressed air, and wipe down with microfiber towel.

John

Old 07-14-2010, 01:32 PM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
The old pencil eraser trick works, too, I think.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CMOS
I've really screwed up here. I was applying carnuba was on my 997 and I got the wax all into the fabric sunroof seal. So now the fabric seal on my black car is half white and looks pretty bad.

I've spent a long time trying the Griot's wax remover product, but it's just not getting it out.

Can anyone recommend any technique for doing this? Or a different product? Anything at all?

Thanks much!
Sorry to hear. If AG Interior Cleaner doesn't work, try using einszett Vinyl Rubber Care...believe it or not, it work like a charm. Simply sprays the felt, you can do this by gently pulling the trigger and letting the product flow out, then let it sit for about a minute. Come back with a mf towel, and wipe away. Hope this helps.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...C-vinyl/Detail

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...ttle%2C/Detail

Old 07-15-2010, 09:50 PM
JoshVette is on a distinguished road
Is it the wax build up that's a problem or a stain from the wax that's the problem?

Carnuba's have lots of solvents and added chemicals to make it applicable and they stain like crazy on porous materials.

Josh

Old 07-16-2010, 02:46 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Sunroof Sealing Gasket
The sun-roof gasket is made of a felt-like material, which can become stained with polish / wax debris. Use a soft rubber brush to loosen any debris, and then follow up with a 1:1 solution of isopropyl alcohol (IPA) and distilled water solution applied with a clean micro fibre towel to remove any remaining dried wax or polish debris

Old 07-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JoshVette
Is it the wax build up that's a problem or a stain from the wax that's the problem?

Carnuba's have lots of solvents and added chemicals to make it applicable and they stain like crazy on porous materials.

Josh
Not just carnaubas...polishes and synthetic waxes can have the same effect.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
Get it fixed?