Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

i use zanio's what do you use and why

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:25 PM
alexstjo is on a distinguished road
i use zanio's what do you use and why

Hi

I am new to DYI detailing and have been using zaino's wax. I like it and think it is a nice product but wondered what other people are using. My 911 is macadamia (German for metallic brown), is there a wax and quick detailer that works better on this dark color. thanks

Last edited by alexstjo; 11-29-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:00 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
you mean zaino?

Old 11-29-2010, 11:02 PM
yep!

Old 11-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
If you like the Zaino, you will love Nanoskin Hydrophobic topped with Nanoskin SHIELD. It's a hybrid sealant that does contain nano-scale carnauba, but offers incredible durability of about one year with one application.

http://www.metropolitandetail.com/ecProduct_101_1
http://www.metropolitandetail.com/ecProduct_139_1

John

Old 11-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alexstjo
Hi

I am new to DYI detailing and have been using zaino's wax. I like it and think it is a nice product but wondered what other people are using. My 911 is macadamia (German for metallic brown), is there a wax and quick detailer that works better on this dark color. thanks
It all comes down to how you want the car to look. If you want shine and high-gloss, synthetics like zaino are the way to go. If you want depth and color, then carnauba is the way to go. With each, you're giving up some things. At the end, it's fun to try different products and see what looks you get. So have fun with it, try different products, and see what you end up liking. As long as you remember to focus on the technique, the products are secondary.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:29 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
For many years (twenty plus) my polymer sealant of choice was Klasse (an acrylic polymer) I then converted to Zaino (a polymer) and used it for approx fifteen years, but my coating of choice today is a nanotechnology coating that has better durability that would be measured in seasons or years, as opposed to others. These coatings are better than anything I’ve used in more than five decades.

Unlike a polymer that forms a barrier; nanotechnology coatings are a modification of the surface chemistry on a molecular level that provides a semi- permanent easy to clean protective surface.

A wax or sealant can only reflect what is underneath it, so a clean, level well-prepared surface is the most important consideration (85% of a surfaces reflectivity is its preparation) along with applied product clarity. If you apply a product over a surface that is dirty or one that has surface imperfections a wax or sealant will not disguise it, only highlight them.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by TOGWT
For many years (twenty plus) my polymer sealant of choice was Klasse (an acrylic polymer) I then converted to Zaino (a polymer) and used it for approx fifteen years, but my coating of choice today is a nanotechnology coating that has better durability that would be measured in seasons or years, as opposed to others. These coatings are better than anything I’ve used in more than five decades.

Unlike a polymer that forms a barrier; nanotechnology coatings are a modification of the surface chemistry on a molecular level that provides a semi- permanent easy to clean protective surface.

A wax or sealant can only reflect what is underneath it, so a clean, level well-prepared surface is the most important consideration (85% of a surfaces reflectivity is its preparation) along with applied product clarity. If you apply a product over a surface that is dirty or one that has surface imperfections a wax or sealant will not disguise it, only highlight them.

Thanks can you recommend some products?

Old 12-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
There are several great nano products, true nano products, and we're doing beta testing now. We should have our results for you guys soon. But be aware, not all nano products are truly nano and it's a hot buzz word right now so everyone is jumping on board the wagon.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
There are several great nano products, true nano products, and we're doing beta testing now. We should have our results for you guys soon. But be aware, not all nano products are truly nano and it's a hot buzz word right now so everyone is jumping on board the wagon.

I agree Moe, any idea when you can share this info?

Alex

Old 12-02-2010, 09:20 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Differing Nanotechnologies
1. AQuartz is an inorganic silica / silicon dioxide
2. G'zox is an organic polymer
3. G|techniq is an inorganic silicate crystallization compound
4. Nanolex is an inorganic, solvent-based formula nanostructure coating

See also “Crystalline Nanotechnology Coatings” an extract from one of a series of i articles “The Art & Science of Detailing” - http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Old 12-02-2010, 10:47 AM
JoeinLA is on a distinguished road
Heh good thing I didn't order my Zymol Vintage :P (not that I could afford it...)

Sonax has a "nano wax", and Moe is a new Sonax dealer, so...?

And link to TOGWT's more than excellent blog re: nano wax: http://togwt1980.blogspot.com/2010/0...-coatings.html

Moe, very interested in your conclusions!