Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Reduce Interior Dust???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 04:23 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Reduce Interior Dust???

O.K. So I have a little OCD as many do on the Detailing forum. I hate when my interior is dusty. Generally I vacuum the carpet once a week, use a moist microfiber towel with warm water and wipe the interior including seats, leather, etc. followed by a California duster. I still find that after 24 hours dust will reappear on my dash. I use the California duster about 3 times per week. It's not that much dust but it still bugs me! Car is kept indoors at home and work so it's not parked in the wind, sun, etc. Any idea to repell dust within the interior??

BTW, I use a CR Spotless to wash my car and for some reason it totally keeps the dust off my car. Best side benefit of the CR Spotless. Probably due to the fact that I am not drying it with microfiber towels which might create static electricity.

Adam

Old 04-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
What material is your interior?

You can try an anti- static product. Something like 1z ****pit premium or Sonax dashboard cleaner for plastic/ rubber. For leather I really like LTT Solutions, only available from the UK though.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:29 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
good thread...

Old 04-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Try using Sonax Dashboard Cleaner, it's basically an interior detail spray, and wipe down with mf towel. This usually does it for us.

What conditioners are you using on the leather? If it's too oily, it may be attracting dust.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:06 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
[quote=Dan1;3184549]What material is your interior?

quote]

It's an Aston Martin, all leather and metal!

OP-I find that using leatherique has removed the "sheen" other conditioners leave and I have less dust on mine.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:57 PM
I do not use any leather conditioners as I haven't found one that does not leave a wet and greasy look.

I simply use a microfber towel with a very very small amount of warm water just to pick-up the dust.

Maybe I should try a conditioner like leatherique???

Old 04-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
LTT Solutions and Leather Masters offer products for all leather types.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Dan1
LTT Solutions and Leather Masters offer products for all leather types.

I just Googled Leather Masters and went the the recommended site. It is a sex store. Are you sure that is the correct name?

LTT Solutions is located in Europe. Maybe they ship to the US???

Old 04-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Try using Sonax Dashboard Cleaner, it's basically an interior detail spray, and wipe down with mf towel. This usually does it for us.

What conditioners are you using on the leather? If it's too oily, it may be attracting dust.

Moe:

Do you recommend a leather conditioner that is not oily/wet looking and that might help keep the dust away?

Thanks,
Adam

Old 04-22-2011, 03:42 PM
BTW, I should also mention that the only leaher care I have tried is Lexol. It left a greasy/wet look and attracts dust IMO. I am scared to try it on the leather dash of the Aston.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alevine
BTW, I should also mention that the only leaher care I have tried is Lexol. It left a greasy/wet look and attracts dust IMO. I am scared to try it on the leather dash of the Aston.
Lexol isn't a terrible product, but it does leave a sticky feel.

Try leatherique. You'll love it.

Then maintain with Sonax Dashboard Cleaner.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...que/Categories

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...Cleaner/Detail

Old 04-22-2011, 10:17 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Believe I mentioned leatherique above already. Have the same car as you with same concerns. Lexol,chemical guys and others left sheen. Told you no dust and no sheen......

Old 04-23-2011, 09:07 AM
I just Googled Leather Masters and went the the recommended site. It is a sex store. Are you sure that is the correct name?

LTT Solutions is located in Europe. Maybe they ship to the US???
You can get it from Detailers Domain who is a sponsor here. This is LM's site, http://www.leatherworldtech.com/Default.aspx

LTT solutions does ship to US, not cheap though, but very high quality products. LTT and LM are both great for maintaining leather that is in good condition.

Something worth mentioning, there is a variety of leather used in the automotive industry (http://www.leatherworldtech.com/Leat...ification.aspx). LM and LTT offer products for these different types of leather. Questions have been raised as to whether oil's can penetrate the top coat on protected leather. So heavy oil based conditioners may leave residues on the leather which attract dirt and do more harm then good. Similar to how dirt sticks to silicone based tire dressings. So instead of using "conditioners" containing oils on protected leather, we are seeing a shift to water based cleaners and leather protectants instead.

Hopefully TOGWT can post more information on proper leather identification/ care.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:17 PM
Frank Sr. has much to be proud ofFrank Sr. has much to be proud ofFrank Sr. has much to be proud ofFrank Sr. has much to be proud ofFrank Sr. has much to be proud ofFrank Sr. has much to be proud ofFrank Sr. has much to be proud ofFrank Sr. has much to be proud ofFrank Sr. has much to be proud of
I carry in the car and use a Swiffer 360 deg. duster.

It does not stop the car from getting dusty, but is the easiest and most effective way to remove dust from the interior.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Frank Sr.
I carry in the car and use a Swiffer 360 deg. duster.

It does not stop the car from getting dusty, but is the easiest and most effective way to remove dust from the interior.
Here's an excellent duster to keep in your car. I have one in my truck and my wife has one in her cayenne. When you're bored at a red light, perfect time to dust the interior

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...ster-gp/Detail

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Reduce Interior Dust???