Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

OptiCoat?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
OptiCoat?

Any one have any experience with OptiCoat? I have a detailer(Trushine, Eric) recommending this treatment after a polish and would like to hear if any one here has any experience with the product.

Mel.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
It's a great product. A permanent coating, and offers great ease of cleaning, and maintenance.

John

Old 01-14-2012, 09:28 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by detailjohn
It's a great product. A permanent coating, and offers great ease of cleaning, and maintenance.

John
Permanent? Durable perhaps, but not permanent.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:01 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
^^^ +1 best of available semi permanent coatings available thus far

Old 01-15-2012, 04:14 PM
fastsvo is on a distinguished road
How does this compare to Cilajet?

Old 01-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I have a black Bentley and have the swirl marks in the clear coat. I believe that they will come out with a proper polish and I would like to prevent new ones after the polish. I was hoping a coating of this type would stand up to washing and quick detailing. After a drive I feel compelled to wipe the car down and keep it "perfect".

Old 01-17-2012, 06:35 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Opti-Coat and an Autopian detailer ( Eric Witt) are a winning combination, you cn't go wrong...

Old 01-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TOGWT
Opti-Coat and an Autopian detailer ( Eric Witt) are a winning combination, you cn't go wrong...
+1 for Eric. He does some amazing work.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Thanks guys that helps me build confidence in the purchase. I will repost on my experience after I have Eric do the job. It may be a month or two till the weather breaks and I build some cash reserves. Darn IRS gets first shot at my money.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
is this a product the home detailer could have success with? It seems like a great solution for daily drivers...

thanks

Matt

Old 01-18-2012, 06:54 AM
Last I saw it was not offered as a retail product to individual consumers. I would expect they control liabilities selling to authorized dealers.????

Old 01-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
Dont expect it to prevent swirling if your washing/ drying techniques are off. It may help some, but adjusting your process will yield the biggest improvements.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:41 AM
Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
is this a product the home detailer could have success with? It seems like a great solution for daily drivers...

thanks

Matt
Using the correct paint surface preparation and product application technique it is a great solution if its in line with your detailing goals

"Nanotechnology Coatings" - http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-detailing/136613-nanotechnology-coating-products.html#post1448634

Old 01-20-2012, 05:54 AM
Originally Posted by Dan1
Dont expect it to prevent swirling if your washing/ drying techniques are off. It may help some, but adjusting your process will yield the biggest improvements.
I understand and will be working(learning) with the detailer after the coating to correct my technique.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:37 AM
Porsche Pilot has a spectacular aura aboutPorsche Pilot has a spectacular aura aboutPorsche Pilot has a spectacular aura about
As a professional detailer and enthuiast, I use Opti Coat on my clients cars and my own. Opti Coat can be purchased by anyone. Previous versions were only available to professionals. The company has reformulated a consumer version that allows for a little more working time. There is a slight learning curve with any of the new nano coatings. It is important to make sure the coating is put on thin and level otherwise the high spots (thicker areas) will show as haze. I would describe Opti Coat as scratch (swirl) resistant but not scratch proof by any means. A proper wash/dry regimine is critical. You will need to have the paint polished as close to perfection as possible. Any defects will be sealed in under the coating.

Another option is a semi permanent coating called CQuartz. It is a bit easier to work with than Opti Coat but both are great products. If you own a black car these nano coatings will be your best friend, again, with the proper wash/dry regimine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OptiCoat?