Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Why the Rejex Obsession??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 10:34 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
i use a pc to apply the menzera stuff.

i buy it from properautocare.com

it really is a great product. tough to screw it up and it really works. they have a rough polish and a fine polish and they're designed to be used together.

i still like the rejex for the final sealant. it holds up great in the heat and dirt rinses right off. like i said before, a decent qd will put a nice shine on there after the rejex.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:25 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Stryke
REJEX is decent but I found that some professional products work much better and are alot more durable.
Same here, first time I put it on a car I covered it up.

The reason I think it's become so popular is because one person liked it and everyone followed. Most of these people probably didn't have experience w/ other products so they immediately liked it.

For me, it's durable, I have it in my shower, sinks, toilet, counter tops. Wouldn't put it on a car for looks though

Old 09-27-2005, 07:27 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by MoeMistry
Where do you get Menzina Deputy? I've heard that it's good stuff. Do you apply it by hand or machine?
Moe, I think I have a bottle comming to me to do some tests with. If it comes (been waiting a month) I'll give it a once over and throw you some to try

I've also been suprised you use zymol. If you find something you like, use it often

Old 09-27-2005, 07:39 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
IMO, Zymol is really good. As I mentioned before, I use their Estate Product line which is the high-end line only available direct from Zymol or resellers. It's amazing stuff guys. The one we used in Pebble Beach a few weeks back is called Royale, and it was AMZING. Not a single swirl or scratch in the paint and the metallic flecks were amazing. It just so happened to win Best of Show up there. It was a great opportunity to detail it. Anyone care to guess how much it's worth? Here's a pic...

Old 09-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
IMO, Zymol is really good. As I mentioned before, I use their Estate Product line which is the high-end line only available direct from Zymol or resellers. It's amazing stuff guys. The one we used in Pebble Beach a few weeks back is called Royale, and it was AMZING. Not a single swirl or scratch in the paint and the metallic flecks were amazing. It just so happened to win Best of Show up there. It was a great opportunity to detail it. Anyone care to guess how much it's worth? Here's a pic...

Attached Images  
Old 09-27-2005, 09:20 PM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Is that a Bugatti?

I am going to say...$4 million (wild guess...)

Old 09-27-2005, 10:50 PM

Moe, that car is soooo ****ing sexy!!!!

Have you tried any of the other products out? Just curious.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Premium Sponsor
It's a 1937 Delage Portoute Aero Coupe. Only six ever made; this is the only one in exhistance. Technically there is another; but we don't know where it is. It was the first car to ever be tested in a wind tunnel. I couldn't stop looking at her. I almost fell back when I found out how much she's worth.....READY FOR THIS....$10,000,000.......A detail of a lifetime...Worthy of the $7000 wax used on her. Now you know why I use Zymol

Last edited by MoeMistry; 09-27-2005 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:07 PM
you are a lucky man moe. If you ever need a little grunion I'd love to help

Old 09-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Premium Sponsor
I'll keep that in mind Scott. Do you ever go to Crystal Cove on Saturday? We should meet up one day.

Old 09-29-2005, 12:42 PM
I'll keep that in mind Scott. Do you ever go to Crystal Cove on Saturday? We should meet up one day.
when I don't have an early job, or I wake up early enough ]

I had my hot rod out there a few weeks back, that's where my avatar came from

Old 09-30-2005, 10:55 AM
agentf1 will become famous soon enoughagentf1 will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by djantlive
Zymol is relabelled turtle wax? That's crazy talk. It's a high quality wax and as most wax, it doesn't last very long.

I continue to use Zaino until I find something else that work better that is easy to put. I usually put some wax on top of Zaino bc it doesn't do it a good job in providing a shine. It is the best sealant that I've use though.
I have to agree with you about Zaino being the best, but, I have not found any toppers that improve the appearance. Are you using Z2 Pro with Z8? I have not tried Zymol products but have tried Souveran and thought it looked great but no different than Z2P/Z8 alone. I am sure the Zymol waxes similiar to Souveran look great, probably just as good as Zaino but the biggest problem with Carnuaba technology is it has no durability. How long are you getting out of one of the premium Zymol waxes? And what does it do that Zaino or Pinnacle Souveran does not do to warrant the price tag, especially the one that list for $1500. With all due respect there is nothing a LSP could possibly do to my paint that would make me want to spend more than 200 bucks on wax, actually I had to convince myself to spend 50 bucks on the Souveran. Maybe I am just in the wrong tax bracket and if you own a 10,000,000 Buggati spending $1500 on wax is similair to me dropping $200 on a Zaino order.

Old 09-30-2005, 12:24 PM
Premium Sponsor
I've had a few Zaino fans that ended up trying Zymol and absolutly loved it. I must admitt, I have not tried Zaino myself but a weekly client used it on his car and was always a little intrigued that his wife's CLK500, that I detail, looked better. So one day I just let him borrow a jar of Zymol Destiny ($444 /jar) and he was amazed. You don't have to spend hundreds to try Zymol Estate line. Titanium ($65 /jar) is an excellent wax that I will assure you lasts longer than anything you've tried. If you want agent, trust me a little and purchase some Zymol products from me and use it. If it doesn't give you the results I'm telling you about, I will buy it back. But if it does, and I know it will, you've gotta tell everyone in the forum Call or PM me. This goes for anyone as well. You guys should really give this stuff a try. It really works...BY THE WAY...THE PEBBLE BEACH WINNER WE DETAILED IS NOT A BUGGATI....IT"S A DELAGE....I never heard of it either before the show

Last edited by MoeMistry; 09-30-2005 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:37 PM
Premium Sponsor
I've got a video showing how that CLK500 beads after not being waxed for 6 mnths. The only problem is it's a 5 mb quicktime file. Anyone know how I can shrink it and post it here? You guys WILL be amazed

Old 09-30-2005, 04:15 PM
www.yousendit.com

And i'm w/ you. Zaino is a great product that lasts a long time. But I do a lot of show cars and garage queens, and don't find it as being the "go to" product in those situations.

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 09-30-2005 at 04:19 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why the Rejex Obsession??