Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Why the Rejex Obsession??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 04:47 PM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Why the Rejex Obsession??

I was looking at some old detailing threads and picture threads and seems as if this board is "all about" Rejex. I know that HotRodGuy has a pretty diverse arsenal of products, and isnt too keen on REJEX, but why is everyone else??

I only ask this because I have found equal durability in other Sealants (UPP, SG, EX-P, etc) and far better shine/wetness than with Rejex.

Just wondering...

Old 09-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
REJEX is decent but I found that some professional products work much better and are alot more durable.

Old 09-25-2005, 05:28 PM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Stryke
REJEX is decent but I found that some professional products work much better and are alot more durable.
Thats what I was getting at. There are many less expensive, yet more impressive products out there, but yet alot of people seem to blindly follow Rejex.

Old 09-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
I use Rejex cause I'm lazy and hate washing the car...so I never wash it.

Old 09-26-2005, 04:04 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by 95RogueM3
Thats what I was getting at. There are many less expensive, yet more impressive products out there, but yet alot of people seem to blindly follow Rejex.
I agree, but just out of curiosity, what products do you like better?

Old 09-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by 2thfixr
I agree, but just out of curiosity, what products do you like better?
As for LSPs (Last Step Products) I have a bunch of favorites on different colors, non-metallics vs. metallics, durability requirements...

Sealants:

PoorBoys EX-P
4-Star Ultimate Paint Protection

Wax:

P21S
Adams Butter Wax
Nattys Blue (I have heard great things and my jar arrives tommorrow)

Those are the ones that look great on just about any color..and all are comparable in price to rejex with far better looks, in my opinion.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:32 PM
XX911XX is on a distinguished road
I have 3 bottles of Rejex sitting in my garage. I have yet to use them. I keep going back to ZAINO.

Old 09-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Try Zymol

I, and majority of my clients, have had great results using Zymol. Yes, the stuff isn't the cheapest, but how much have you spent so far on things that don't work. Soon I will have an area on my site that depicts the result we got from not waxing a car for 6 months. Only washes every week and applying Zymol Field Glaze and Detail Spray. What kind of results have you guys had with Zymol. As HotRodGuy has mentioned, Meguiar's is good but their polishes are about the only things I'd use. I like their Final Inspection, glass cleaner, and tire dressing. (Detailer Line; not the consumer stuff)

Old 09-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Re: Try Zymol

Originally posted by MoeMistry
I, and majority of my clients, have had great results using Zymol. Yes, the stuff isn't the cheapest, but how much have you spent so far on things that don't work. Soon I will have an area on my site that depicts the result we got from not waxing a car for 6 months. Only washes every week and applying Zymol Field Glaze and Detail Spray. What kind of results have you guys had with Zymol. As HotRodGuy has mentioned, Meguiar's is good but their polishes are about the only things I'd use. I like their Final Inspection, glass cleaner, and tire dressing. (Detailer Line; not the consumer stuff)
ZYMOL!!! I cant believe you use it on customers cars. Zymol is relabeled turtle wax and has horrible durability.

I am surprised you havent looked into products by ClearKote, Collonite, 4 Star, Optimum, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, etc before applying Zymol to customer's cars.

Old 09-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
I realize some of the rumors about Zymöl. I can hopefully put them to rest. Zymöl did at one point commission Turtle to manufacture some of their "Premium" line which was geared towards SUV market, mostly soccer moms in the early 90's, that didn't want to spend hours detailing their cars. The products manufactured by Turtle were Zymöl formula. Zymöl did not have the capacity of producing products on such a large scale. As of mid last year, Zymöl has ended ties with Turtle and is making the "Premium" line in- house. They are also suing Turtle for “misplacingâ€Â, according to Turtle, millions of $$ in inventory that you are probably still finding in Pep Boys or Target. You can tell by the back of the label. If made in IL, Turtle manufactured, if made in CT, then Zymöl made. I hope this sheds light for you. Please tell others that might be misinformed. I know this because I'm a factory detailer and Western Tech Advisor for Zymöl. I’ve expressed to the owners of Zymöl, and they agree, it was the biggest mistake they made. It’s the past and maybe a good idea at the time. As for our clients, we use the "Hand-crafted" and "Premium" line. The waxes we use range from $72, Titanium, to $1700, Vintage, and deliver the quality our clients are after. I make a promise to my clients and anyone who buys Zymöl from me. If it doesn't perform like I promise, I'll buy it back. Not Zymöl, but my company. That's a pretty good guarantee.

Old 09-26-2005, 10:13 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Zymol is relabelled turtle wax? That's crazy talk. It's a high quality wax and as most wax, it doesn't last very long.

I continue to use Zaino until I find something else that work better that is easy to put. I usually put some wax on top of Zaino bc it doesn't do it a good job in providing a shine. It is the best sealant that I've use though.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:36 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
i've used rejex and zaino. rejex lasts longer and is easier to apply. not to mention you don't have to mix products or take 3 days to detail your car because of the waiting process.

rejex with a little QD over it looks just as good and lasts way longer. zaino's swirl remover product is a joke. it fills them for such a short amount of time, it's barely worth doing.

if you have swirls, get the menzirna (spelling) polishes. works great with permanent swirl removal. of course as long as you don't let your 3 year old wash it with a brillo pad

Old 09-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Premium Sponsor
Where do you get Menzina Deputy? I've heard that it's good stuff. Do you apply it by hand or machine?

Old 09-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by MoeMistry
Where do you get Menzina Deputy? I've heard that it's good stuff. Do you apply it by hand or machine?
Menzerna polishes (PO85RD, etc) should be applied by PC or Rotary.

The best place to order them is from www.pakshak.com (if you put "Autopia Special" in the Comments portion of the order process you will receive 10% off).

Look into their FMJ (Full Molecular Jacket) for a great polymer sealant as well...

Old 09-27-2005, 09:36 AM
Premium Sponsor
Thanks...I'll order some and tell you guys my results

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why the Rejex Obsession??