Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Why the Rejex Obsession??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 07:31 PM
agentf1 will become famous soon enoughagentf1 will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by MoeMistry
I've had a few Zaino fans that ended up trying Zymol and absolutly loved it. I must admitt, I have not tried Zaino myself but a weekly client used it on his car and was always a little intrigued that his wife's CLK500, that I detail, looked better. So one day I just let him borrow a jar of Zymol Destiny ($444 /jar) and he was amazed. You don't have to spend hundreds to try Zymol Estate line. Titanium ($65 /jar) is an excellent wax that I will assure you lasts longer than anything you've tried. If you want agent, trust me a little and purchase some Zymol products from me and use it. If it doesn't give you the results I'm telling you about, I will buy it back. But if it does, and I know it will, you've gotta tell everyone in the forum Call or PM me. This goes for anyone as well. You guys should really give this stuff a try. It really works...BY THE WAY...THE PEBBLE BEACH WINNER WE DETAILED IS NOT A BUGGATI....IT"S A DELAGE....I never heard of it either before the show
so you are recommending I try the Titanium that is 65 bucks a jar. When you say it last longer than anything I have ever used do you mean the jar will last longer than anything I ever used or it is a durable product and will outlast Zaino or one of the other popular sealants? It is a carnuaba product correct? How does it compare to Pinnacle Souveran? I hate to be a skeptic but I have never used a carnuaba or any product that looks better than Z2 Pro topped with Z8 or even just straight Z2 Pro. I have also never used a Carnuaba that had any durability, especially in the hot summer.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Moe, as a fellow professional detailer on the East Coast, I wanted to commend you for a well put web site, great work and most importantly, awesome dedication to customer service in your stories and writings.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:30 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by agentf1
so you are recommending I try the Titanium that is 65 bucks a jar. When you say it last longer than anything I have ever used do you mean the jar will last longer than anything I ever used or it is a durable product and will outlast Zaino or one of the other popular sealants? It is a carnuaba product correct? How does it compare to Pinnacle Souveran? I hate to be a skeptic but I have never used a carnuaba or any product that looks better than Z2 Pro topped with Z8 or even just straight Z2 Pro. I have also never used a Carnuaba that had any durability, especially in the hot summer.
You seem like you love one product, it may be hard to sway you away from it. "find what you like, and use it often"

Old 10-03-2005, 08:30 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Stryke
Moe, as a fellow professional detailer on the East Coast, I wanted to commend you for a well put web site, great work and most importantly, awesome dedication to customer service in your stories and writings.

I'm w/ you. I'm slowly doing tutorials on mine, but i've been working on it forever and don't have anything up.

Old 10-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
agent, both the jar and the wax last a long time. The jar will probably last you ten years if waxing 2-3 times a year. It is techincally good for life if kept in the fridge. The wax, if you wash weekly and keep the car garaged, will easily last 4 months, maybe more if you're applying a carnauba spray. Just give it a try, what do you have to lose? I've promised to buy it back if it doesn't work. I cannot comment on the other products you've mentioned because I haven't used them. I know that waxes are a touchy subject with some people, so I try not to comment on products that I haven't used.

Old 10-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Yes Scott; I'm a little biased towards the products I use (Zymol, Meguair's, Autoglym, etc.) It's taken me over ten years to find the right products. If it aint broke, don't fix it. I do however try products when lots of people comment on using and having good results. For example, I'm thinking of trying that Menzina polish. If it works, I'll probably stop using the Meguiar's. So, I give things a try, and if they work, I use and promote them.

Old 10-04-2005, 01:40 AM
Yes Scott; I'm a little biased towards the products I use (Zymol, Meguair's, Autoglym, etc.) It's taken me over ten years to find the right products. If it aint broke, don't fix it. I do however try products when lots of people comment on using and having good results. For example, I'm thinking of trying that Menzina polish. If it works, I'll probably stop using the Meguiar's. So, I give things a try, and if they work, I use and promote them.
I'm the same way. I have a few select products I love, but two bins full of various stuff i've tried. I like to try new things as much as possible. I miss having my wifes accord out here cause it was my "gineau pig" car, i'd do 8-12 weeks of testing of different products on it. But, I ultimately stick to what I love. I'll even find something I think I like a lot, and end up not after some time and go back to the good old guys

Old 10-04-2005, 07:03 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Even if you don't care for the rejex, try the menzirna products. Their a little pricey, but it's the only swirl/scratch remover that i found to work with very little effort.

works best with a pc on on a car, because you have a lot of ground to cover. but i can even pull scractes off the tank on my bike (where the pants come up against the tank) by hand. neat stuff. and they're not covered, they're gone. at least until you dry it again

Old 10-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Moe, you HAVE to try Menzerna Polishes, they are one of my favorites and BLOW Meguiars away. I also like Poorboys polishes alot and recently my favorite has become Zaino Fusion. The big advantage for Fusion is it contains no oils or fillers and leaves your surface perfect for accepting/bonding of Zaino or any sealant. If you are using a Carnuaba product I am sure this is not as important.

As far as Zymol or any Carnuaba product lasting 4 months I have to call BS except maybe if it is a garage queen. As far as me switching I would need a pretty good reason to stop using what I use now and I suspect while Zymol is a top quality Carnuaba product similiar to Pinnacle Souveran it may look just as good as what I am using now but I would need for it to do something better and I suspect that it is just as easy to apply and remove, looks about the same, and probably lacks in durability which really is my last concern since I re Zaino my vette just about every time I wash it but unless it looks way better I see no reason to add a product to my arsenal.

HotRodGuy, you are correct in saying I am pretty well ingrained in what I am using now but I still seem to try just about everything that comes down the road anyway. If I didn't I would not be using Zaino now but would still be using #26 which was my old stand by for years, that is until I tried Zaino. I will admit that the Zymol products have always intriged me but they are just a good carnuaba similiar to PS and if I can get the same look from a synthetic that has great durability why use something that is more expensive and lacks the durability that my DD's need.

Moe, I do thank you for your money back guarentee but as I said I am lazy and it will just end up sitting on the shelf with all the others and only get used every blue moon when I get bored or need reassurance that what I am using now is the best. Maybe if I ever run out of Souveran some day I will try the Zymol.

I do highly recommend trying the Menzerna Polishes though. I love the IP and FPII as well as the Ceramic Paint versions.

Old 10-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Agent, my natty's has now lasted 4 months on my car, outdoors everyday, been through a week of rain and many 90+ days

Old 10-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by HotRodGuy
Agent, my natty's has now lasted 4 months on my car, outdoors everyday, been through a week of rain and many 90+ days
Wow, I don't use alot of different carnuabas (mostly sealants) but out of all of the ones I used, Pinnacle Souveran, Meguiars (every one of them), Adams, F113 and probably a few I cannot think of including some carnuaba/sealant combo products the looks start degrading in 3 weeks and by 6 weeks it is starting to sheet and cannot wait any longer to re apply. I am in the NE and am close to both refineries and withing 10 miles of an airport and get alot of dew in the morning so I think my DD's are probably subjected to more than most peoples cars, especially people living in Southern California but I have never come close to 4 months. That being said my vettes live charmed lifes and my only concern is looks but in both situations the product I currently use works out well.

Old 10-04-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm a block from the ocean, so I get a lot of "salt" dew.

The difference between most of these products is so slight that most wouldn't tell the difference. Almost nobody would ever be able to walk up to a car and go "you must use this product". So take what you like, and keep on using it!!