Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

best vac for the car?

Old 04-09-2010, 06:58 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by howardnew
Metro vac makes a smaller hand-held model I have seen advertised. I have not used it myself but my buddy has it and says it's great. Tells me it's much more powerful than the usual hand-helds. I still like the unit where it just sits on the floor or garage wall and long tubing it comes with really has serious suction. Will be much easier to handle as compared to the shop vac you purchased.
Are talking about this one? Considered it before. Def a better price point than the $200-ish ones. Just wonder how well it cleans.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:20 PM
howardnew will become famous soon enough
This is the model my friend has. He lives by it. Says it sucks up everything. I am pretty sure it is the strongest motor you can buy. I have seen it advertised in silver as well.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Greg Nichols is on a distinguished road
Its all about inches of lift for me, secondly its the noise level.

How does your double K vac fair in these areas?

Cheers,
GREG

Old 06-20-2010, 09:24 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Just ordered this from Costco. Cheapest I've seen it.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...t21277&topnav=

Old 06-21-2010, 08:49 AM
How is the noise level on these things? The inches of lift are great!

Cheers,
GREG

Old 06-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Greg Nichols
How is the noise level on these things? The inches of lift are great!

Cheers,
GREG
From what I've read in reviews, the noise level is very low, particularly for a unit with this much power. I'll let you know once I try it out.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:47 PM
JHRI50 is on a distinguished road
I purchased a Hoover GUV for my garage...this baby is great, I would highly recommend..obviously, its mounted on your garage wall so you can't use it in your house..might be something to consider!

http://www.hoover.com/product.aspx?model=L2310&ds=true

Old 06-21-2010, 06:21 PM
howardnew will become famous soon enough
I originally had the larger Metrovac model that I leave mounted on the wall in my garage. it reaches in the car and I can take it off the mount to use it around the house for a quick cleanup as well. I have central vac in my house and it is actually easier to just grab the unit off the wall rather than drag 30 feet of hose from my central vac for a quick job inside. I just recently purchase the hand-held metrovac vac n blo. I found it was easy when I had the car outside on the driveway while detailing to use a hand-held model. This thing does what it says and more. The power is amazing in this little unit. I particularly liked the round brush attachment which easily gets all the dust out of the corners of seats and especially around the cloth that surrounds the stick shift. You know the area you never seem to be able to get at. I also love the blower to get water out of hard to reach areas like the door hinge area. Give this thing a try. I purchased through Amazon.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:52 PM
BoneHead.......So how is the metro working out?

JHRI50......how many inches of lift does your Hoover have?

Howardnew......which Metro did you purchase on Amazon?

Cheers,
GREG

Old 07-09-2010, 09:58 PM
BoneHead.......So how is the metro working out?

JHRI50......how many inches of lift does your Hoover have?

Howardnew......which Metro did you purchase on Amazon?

Cheers,
GREG
Only used it briefly to vac the front mats in my car. Suction is fantastic. Eager to try the blower out to get the water out of the crevices after I wash the car. My only 'gripes' are that
1)it is a tad heavy for a 'portable' unit. I've seen pics with this unit on wheels which may be helpful. But all mine came with is the attached handle or a shoulder strap.
2) unit gets very hot very quickly. And with it strapped over my shoulder against my side, it becomes a bit uncomfortable.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:08 PM
So get the wheels I hear?

Cheers,
GREG

Old 07-09-2010, 10:12 PM
So get the wheels I hear?

Cheers,
GREG
Think it would be a wise purchase. What would have been great is if they either made the canister flat on one end instead of cylindrical OR just included some stands to sit in on the floor.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:14 PM
I just found the wheels for 25$ at autogeek.net

Cheers,
GREG

Old 07-11-2010, 10:37 AM
ZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant future
I use a Metro Vac N Blo and a Rigid.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Just used it again yesterday to blow water out of the wheels. Works great, but again, the unit generates SO much heat. Couldn't hold the canister against my body and the air going thru the hose became so hot that I could barely hold it. Is this normal?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: best vac for the car?