Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

best vac for the car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 06:55 PM
howardnew will become famous soon enough

Above is the model I originally purchased. Has a huge amount of power and is able to be mounted on the wall. Has small rubber feet to easily sit on the floor when I remove it from the wall. It has a handle and is easily carried. Much smaller than the other wall mounted vacuum this company sells. As stated in an earlier post I often grab it from the garage wall for quick cleanup around the house. This unit is the same overall design as the one you have, bonehead, but has feet instead of the carry strap. My unit gets very warm as well and I called the company shortly after I purchased it. They were very responsive and assured me this was normal and will not affect the operation of the vacuum or power.

You may want to consider purchasing the wheel casters Greg spoke of earlier in order to avoid the heat while carrying against your body. I believe some models shown on autogeek.net now include the wheel dolly as a free bonus.

Later I purchased the Vac n blo 500. This is pictured in Bonehead's earlier post. Has great power and is truly a small hand-held model that I use when do a complete detail with the car out on the driveway. This model does get warm as well but normal. I think it comes in a 12 volt variation if you do not have access to an outlet such as in a condo development but may not deliver quite as much power from the 12 volt.

Both of these vacuums have great suction and very useful attachments. Vacuums I have used before always had the vacuum tube crush and fall apart. These tubes hold up. These vacuums will clean every crevice of your car and blow out every nook and cranny faster than you know. I like the inside of the car clean so the dirt doesn't grind into the mats etc. I can get the entire interior done very quickly.

Greg, I purchased both through amazon but autogeek is easier to view models side by side and compare and look at them. They also offer free bonus attachments etc now.
Autogeek sells the Metropolitan 500 which comes in stainless and has the same shape as the vac n blo. It has the same power but does NOT have the blower function I was looking for. They do NOT post the vac n blo 500 on their website. Autogeek appears to have most of the vacuums this company makes. I am sure you could call them and they could get it from them if you like dealing with them.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:18 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by howardnew

Above is the model I originally purchased. Has a huge amount of power and is able to be mounted on the wall. Has small rubber feet to easily sit on the floor when I remove it from the wall. It has a handle and is easily carried. Much smaller than the other wall mounted vacuum this company sells. As stated in an earlier post I often grab it from the garage wall for quick cleanup around the house. This unit is the same overall design as the one you have, bonehead, but has feet instead of the carry strap. My unit gets very warm as well and I called the company shortly after I purchased it. They were very responsive and assured me this was normal and will not affect the operation of the vacuum or power.

You may want to consider purchasing the wheel casters Greg spoke of earlier in order to avoid the heat while carrying against your body. I believe some models shown on autogeek.net now include the wheel dolly as a free bonus.

Later I purchased the Vac n blo 500. This is pictured in Bonehead's earlier post. Has great power and is truly a small hand-held model that I use when do a complete detail with the car out on the driveway. This model does get warm as well but normal. I think it comes in a 12 volt variation if you do not have access to an outlet such as in a condo development but may not deliver quite as much power from the 12 volt.

Both of these vacuums have great suction and very useful attachments. Vacuums I have used before always had the vacuum tube crush and fall apart. These tubes hold up. These vacuums will clean every crevice of your car and blow out every nook and cranny faster than you know. I like the inside of the car clean so the dirt doesn't grind into the mats etc. I can get the entire interior done very quickly.

Greg, I purchased both through amazon but autogeek is easier to view models side by side and compare and look at them. They also offer free bonus attachments etc now.
Autogeek sells the Metropolitan 500 which comes in stainless and has the same shape as the vac n blo. It has the same power but does NOT have the blower function I was looking for. They do NOT post the vac n blo 500 on their website. Autogeek appears to have most of the vacuums this company makes. I am sure you could call them and they could get it from them if you like dealing with them.

Great info, thanks! Still wish the unit wouldn't get so hot. Guess it's just worse now since it's 110 degrees out in the shade I'll probably end up getting the wheel dolly, but having those rubber feet included would have been perfect.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
I know you guys are liking the metro vac....but the Double K vac/blower I use daily does an amazing job and it doesn't get hot to handle. The heat is actually blown out which helps dry the car faster. The vac feature is really cool so I don't have to carry two gadgets in my truck. One drawback...when the filter gets full, the blower is noticeably less powerful. Once the filter bags are changed, she works like a charm again.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...dsh-Vac/Detail

Old 07-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Greg Nichols is on a distinguished road
Wouldn't you know it, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and Costco stops selling it!!!!

Cheers,
GREG

Old 01-16-2011, 09:50 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Greg Nichols
Wouldn't you know it, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and Costco stops selling it!!!!

Cheers,
GREG

It's available again

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...Cat860&topnav=

Old 01-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Greg:
You will love this model. Very powerful. It can get warm and you might want to think about that dolly with wheels while you work with it.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Greg Nichols is on a distinguished road
Metro Vac

Guess What!!!

I bought one at SEMA this year, the demo model for the show. Has EVERY accessory they make, its the full size model. Picked it up for a song, I couldn't get the money out fast enough....had to fight another guy for it....he lost bad....used the vac to suck up his sorrows.

Love it so far......

Great for helping to dry out carpets after extraction, limits re wicking and re soiling.

Great for blowing out the carpets before you vac, to loosen up the deeper stuff, then switch the hose and suck up the crap.

Very light so going mobile is easy, grab off the wall and go.

Super long hose, so the wife can use it easily as it hangs on the wall, just hand the hose and you're done.

Cheers,
GREG

Old 01-20-2011, 11:50 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
I'm using the Metro Vac also and love it. I have the little cart with wheels and pull it around the car as I go. I purch an extra hose so I it's got lots of reach. The blower isnt half bad either, I actually use it to dry my wifes QX56 which is pretty large.

Ken

Old 01-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
We carry the MetroVac's -

Click here

Old 01-21-2011, 07:17 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
I picked up the Metrovac from Costco. Mixed feelings about it. For it's size - very impressive suction/blower ability.

Not really thrilled about some things though:

a. it gets hot in a hurry

b. without the dolly/wheels it moves all over the place and when using the shoulder strap it can swing around and bump your car

c. the lid latch mechanism is pretty lame. works loose and pops off every once in a while.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:18 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Metrovac is great for the price-

It does what it is supposed to do well.....picks up everything and is small.

So what it gets a little hot, its small and sucks up everything!!

Old 01-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Lig;

It does get warm but that is normal. I don't recommend the shoulder strap when using it in small spaces as anything with a strap is bound to move. Set it on the floor or in the car while you use it. Plenty of hose without loss of suction to extend the hose to reach the entire interior. I have never had the latch pop open. The dolly can be useful if you want to leave the unit outside the car and drag it around to get to each side of the vehicle.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:48 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I use a cheap sears w/d vac with the crevice tool for vacuuming. How "state of the art" does something need to be to suck. I also use a double K product for drying. My wife's sister is a dog groomer and they make a unit that gives off heat to help dry and has some type of filtering mechanism so as to not suck in any dirt and "sand blast" the dog/car.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
Just bought the wall mounted vac n blo with 24' of hose (VNB-4AFBR).

Old 11-21-2019, 05:33 AM
Dimidiate is an unknown quantity at this point
You can go with the Black and Decker Hand Vac for your car and it works really well.