Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

best vac for the car?

Old 04-02-2007, 08:28 PM
jkb
jkb is on a distinguished road
best vac for the car?

well, with a hose reel ordered, time to shop for a new toy...

so is there an official "that is it" when it comes to a car vacuum? i came across this one:

http://www.frontgate.com/jump.jsp?it...ProductID=4598

basically want something that is super powerfull and really cleans the carpet and floor-mats well.

(also, my place is 100% hardwood, so it wouldn't need to double as a home vacuum)

Old 04-02-2007, 08:37 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
I went with this one from Griot's...gets here this week...I'm not sure if it is the best or not...

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....3060&SKU=77818

Old 04-02-2007, 09:03 PM
jkb
Originally Posted by TUUNER
I went with this one from Griot's...gets here this week...I'm not sure if it is the best or not...

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....3060&SKU=77818
very neat... looks mighty. sounds like we are improving our garages in parallel. what other toys ya getting?

(let me know how the vac works out, if you approve it, i'll get it)

Old 04-02-2007, 09:06 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
^^True, we are running in parallel LOL

I've got an air blower coming, a detailing cart, some tools, etc. Next month I will get into the flooring and cabinets. I really like Griot's stuff. Keep me posted! I will let you know how the vac works out.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:07 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
After trying all of the "expensive" vacuums out there from Griots, Eastwoods, etc... I bought a good old Home Depot shop vac on wheels and it works great. Always reaches where I want it to and will suck up anything I put in front of it. Just my .02.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:01 AM
jkb
Originally Posted by TUUNER
^^True, we are running in parallel LOL

I've got an air blower coming, a detailing cart, some tools, etc. Next month I will get into the flooring and cabinets. I really like Griot's stuff. Keep me posted! I will let you know how the vac works out.
hey.. got the hose reel, used it this weekend. its awesome. putting it together was like doing a puzzle

for the vacuum i am thinking of getting Dyson. they seem to be the best on the market.

what are your plans for flooring? i am going with storewall product for walls instead of cabinets.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:54 AM
gradyex will become famous soon enoughgradyex will become famous soon enough
I bought Griots shop vac and its worth every penny. Its a wet/Dry vacume but its quiet and comes with a long commercial type hose. Its good for a lot more than just cars. I am not affiliated with him in any way but must say that he sells the best of whats available within reason.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:02 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
I like the shop vacs that are sold at Lowes. They're blue and grey and you can get a nice one for about $50-80.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:07 AM
jkb
i am strongly leaning toward the dyson since they also sell this:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4768217

Old 04-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Seankf1105 is on a distinguished road
i like ridgid vacuums the most, very simple and straight forward. they sell them at home depot too

heres what i use:
http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/12-Gallon-Vac/index.htm

i would suggest getting one with atleast 5 hp

Old 02-13-2010, 09:22 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seankf1105
i like ridgid vacuums the most, very simple and straight forward. they sell them at home depot too

heres what i use:
http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/12-Gallon-Vac/index.htm

i would suggest getting one with atleast 5 hp
Thread revival
Handheld Dustbuster just wasn't doing the job. Think I'm gonna pick this one up tomorrow. Will report back once I get a chance to clean my filthy interior

Old 02-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
For the $ ShopVacs are hard to best. I've got 3, 5gal, 10gal ( I think it's 10 or 12? ), and and a 18gal. I've put them through some pretty extream work loads and they always work and work well.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
If you're looking for the best pick up a Fein shop vac, they're whisper quiet, high quality and they suck. Otherwise, I like the Ridgids. The important thing to remember is get rid of the factory hose, and purchase a quality hose and crevice tool. This makes all the difference in the world.

John

Old 02-14-2010, 07:08 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by detailjohn
If you're looking for the best pick up a Fein shop vac, they're whisper quiet, high quality and they suck. Otherwise, I like the Ridgids. The important thing to remember is get rid of the factory hose, and purchase a quality hose and crevice tool. This makes all the difference in the world.

John
Define 'quality' hose?

Old 02-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Define 'quality' hose?
You don't find them standing on the street corner w/ a pimp, you have to go through a Madam.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: best vac for the car?