New Porsche dealership in Mumbai!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:42 PM
BSM
BSM is on a distinguished road
New Porsche dealership in Mumbai!

In Mumbai (Bombay) India on business, and this morning on way to mtgs I did a double-take when we drove by the new Porsche dealership in downtown Mumbai... I know a dealership opened up a couple of years ago in Delhi, and one in Mumbai was to be expected. In my many trips here over the years, have only seen but a few Cayenne's and just one 911 (an odd purple early 996 w/ a cheezy wing). Why anyone would want to drive a Porsche on these roads in this mess of traffic I have no idea... but I can understand the appeal of the Cayenne here.

Article (old) on the move into India...

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/12/.../sxporsche.php

Here's a pic (not mine) of the dealership from a few month's back... It is now complete, but I didnt have my camera ready to snap a pic - sorry.

Last edited by BSM; 11-12-2007 at 12:45 PM. Reason: added URL
Old 11-16-2007, 09:11 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
yeah i wonder 2.
it's funny how the 3rd world country is in competition.
they opened up a dealership in bangladesh and pakistan got jealous, so they are like we need one too. So i guess india is fair game. it's really not about the money, cuz there are about 94,000 millionaire in India alone and a list of billionaire. But if i lived in India, i would opt for a luxury car with a driver over a sports car. just my 2 rupes....

Old 11-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
yes Finally, now i can have my car shipped for the summer and have it looked after by the Germans...

3rd world countries are the best... and Bombay is just toooo goood to compare to the rest of the world... other than Kuwait...

Old 11-26-2007, 02:20 PM
ZEMDOGG is on a distinguished road
US is getting less cars due to weak dollar and other factors. New markets are on teh rise and Porsche is getting aggressive. Champion used to be number 1 and according to the new Christosphorous a dealership in Dubai is the new leader. Interesting to see where it all ends up in the next 10 years......

Old 11-29-2007, 01:56 AM
KhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud of
There are a decent amount of Porsche's in Hyderabad(Cayenne's and 911's). In my opinion, the best city in India(yes I've been to Bombay and many many others). Most of the main roads are actually deserving of nice cars these days.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:37 PM
teckcar13 is on a distinguished road
ill b visiting soon

Old 01-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
im leaving Bombay tomorow

Old 01-14-2008, 06:42 PM
ActionJaxon is on a distinguished road
Interesting, The closest thing I've seen to "high-end" while visiting India were a bunch of Benz's. Dont they have crappy gas there too?(not sure on that one, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Old 01-14-2008, 06:58 PM
KhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ActionJaxon
Interesting, The closest thing I've seen to "high-end" while visiting India were a bunch of Benz's. Dont they have crappy gas there too?(not sure on that one, someone correct me if I'm wrong)
When were you there last? Things are changing fast, specially in the big cities. Hyderabad has many exotic and high end luxury cars of ALL makes. Actually my mom just got back and said she saw the big sign for the new Porsche dealership coming up in Hyderabad.

The gas is getting better, but I'd be a bit cautious if I had anything nice there. Probably stick to the gas stations that have been recently built, and to the very large company names. As well as be overly **** about changing my fuel filter etc much sooner then normally needed. I have heard that there are a few gas stations that cater to high end cars and kind of brand themselves toward that group.. better gas/clean gas etc.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by ActionJaxon

mmm i have seen Galardo's, Several Porsche, SL's, CL's, Sanju Baba's F430, Bentley GT's, Flying Spur, Pink CGT in Lohkandwalla, Phantoms... and some more...

Old 01-15-2008, 03:10 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Zookie
mmm i have seen Galardo's, Several Porsche, SL's, CL's, Sanju Baba's F430, Bentley GT's, Flying Spur, Pink CGT in Lohkandwalla, Phantoms... and some more...
sanju baba?

Yeah the also opened a RR dealership in Mumbai.
long gone those days of Fiat Bravadas and 320i(s)..
now it's Rickshaws to Rolls.
Palkis to Porsche.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
sanju baba?

Sanjay Dutt... thats what they call him on "Set"... i dint know untill i went with my brother to a Shooting... My brother works for Mahesh Bhatt as a Assisent Director...

Old 01-16-2008, 02:48 AM
Sanjay Dutt... thats what they call him on "Set"... i dint know untill i went with my brother to a Shooting... My brother works for Mahesh Bhatt as a Assisent Director...
Umm... Put me in a movie?

Old 01-16-2008, 07:04 AM
oh ok. sunjay dutt. funny guy...
bollywood masala hahahaaha...
i just saw taare zameen pe last weekend at the theater. it was a funny movie....

Old 02-11-2008, 02:35 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Porsche dealership in Mumbai!