Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

F430 owners - What are the "must have" options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 07:55 AM
BCS996TT is on a distinguished road
manual all the way!!!!! Who gives a **** about resell....go with What YOU WANT and enjoy....

Old 10-23-2007, 03:37 PM
IIVVX will become famous soon enoughIIVVX will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BCS996TT
manual all the way!!!!! Who gives a **** about resell....go with What YOU WANT and enjoy....
well said

Old 10-25-2007, 08:40 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
I ordered a Jan 08' build Spider yesterday and Carbon Brakes were an option. I'm wondering if the Dark Titanium Challenge wheels are painted on the yellow one. No option for wheels other than standard or polished. I ordered
F1, No Daytonas because the regular seats are way more comfortable. White(bianco)outside/Black interior with White Stitching. No piping looked funny. Black convertible top. Full leather and stitching for behind seats and on dash, sills. Carbon in center only. The Carbon Wheel and Dash and lower areas (door sills, e brake area) were a large over kill. Yellow Carbon Brakes, Shields, Yellow Tach. Challenge polished wheels. Challenge Grill. No stereo upgrade or nav. Local guys do WAY better for just a few thousand more. Center signature plate for my Son to sign.
Anything I forgot? Bluetooth might be standard because it wasn't offered to me and my coupe had it as well. I am checking into that today.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:48 AM
should be a beauty! i love bianco ferrari's

Old 10-25-2007, 11:54 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Thanks I really like the White cars.
Those Dark Titanium Challenge rims look great but he must have powder coated those babies. Ferrari does not offer this or I would change mine.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:06 PM
titanium wheels would definitely compliment the white very well! if i were you i would PM him

Old 10-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Boulder GT3 is on a distinguished road
Here is what is one mine. I'm anxious to see the CF intake. It should be here next week.
Exterior Rosso Corsa
Interior
Beige
Carpets
Nero
Power Daytona style seats
Leather headliner
Leather rear shelf
Challenge wheels
Carbon fiber rear Challenge grille
Red painted calipers
Hi-fi stereo
Front and Rear parking sensors
Carbon fiber intake manifold

Old 10-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Ray Oliver is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TheCreditMan
Here are some options I think are "must have" in no particular order except the first two which are important for re-sale:

Daytona Seats/Electric Seats
Shields
Do the shields really affect resale that much? I think they are tacky as hell.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:20 PM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
I don't know about y'all, but I would most certainly pay a little more to get the car in black, I think black exterior is very handsome on the F430, especially when combined with the challenge wheels.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Dabum is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree 100%

Originally Posted by kaz555
I don't know about y'all, but I would most certainly pay a little more to get the car in black, I think black exterior is very handsome on the F430, especially when combined with the challenge wheels.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:40 AM
jjparkusa is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BCS996TT
you should double check with the dealer....b/c 08s will come standard with cc. I would assume that applies to all 430s and not just the coupe.
According to my dealer the ceramics are a "mandatory option" (I was asking about a coupe). Cute way for them to raise the base price and a bummer for those of us who don't intend to track the car regularly.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:01 PM
somebody from an Oregon dealer said they were called after ordering and told they had to add the ceramics. when I ordered my January build my dealership gave me the option. I was going with them anyway so it doesn't matter on my end. His exact email to me was the 599 comes w/ ceramics standard but the 430 are an option.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:08 AM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Guys,I need some help too.I called up the Ferrari dealership to send me a list of options for the 430,and here is what they sent me:

RACING AND TRACK :

Two racing seats wholly in leather - code - RSM1,RSL1
CCbrakes
4 point safety harness
road legal roll bar
CF for engine compartment

EXTERIOR AND COLORS

Out of range paint
Paint color upon sample
Shields
Challenge Stradale rims
Ball polished rims
Painted Brake calipers

INTERIOR

Color upon request for upper dashboard
Color upon request for steering wheel
Leather for headliner
Leather for rear bench wall

Color upon request for standard stitching
Special stitching color on request
Electrically operated seats
Daytona seats
Seat piping with color on request
Dedication plate in silver
CF for driving zone
CF for Lower cabin zone

EQUIPMENT

TMPS
HiFi sound
Bluetooth
6cd changer

Now my questions are :

1 - "Two racing seats wholly in leather" what is the difference between those and " Daytona's and Electrically Operated Ones" ?

2 - Aren't "Out of range paint" "Paint color upon sample" the same thing?

3 - I want to purchase the car in red color with tan interiors.. So do I additionally have to choose "Color upon request for upper dashboard" and "Color upon request for steering wheel" or would the steering wheel and dashboard be in tan by default?

4 - Do I also have to choose the piping color or piping at all? And what about the stitching? Do I have to choose a color ? Whats best suited for tan colored seats?

5 - This list sent by the dealer does not include things like Rear parking sensors,CF grill and Yellow Rev counter ... They are supposed to be on the list of options right?

So far,these are the options that I am planning on :
F1 Gear box
Exterior color - red
interior - tan/beige
Shields
CF for engine compartment
Challenge rims
Brake calipers in red
Leather headliner + rear bench wall
Electric / Daytona seats ( Need help cuz dont know what are they)
CF for driving zone
6cd changer
bluetooth
Yellow rev counter + parking sensors ( if available in the option list)

Anything else that you can recommend?

Last edited by ecks; 11-03-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:09 AM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
If I want the steering wheel in black,is that possible with a tan interior? And what does the "CF in driving zone" contain? What all comes under "driving zone" ?

Old 11-03-2007, 10:21 AM
CF in driving zone is dash surround and steering wheel. Your dealer will have books and pics of all of this. Sit in some Daytona's before you buy. The standard 430 seats are really good for longer trips in the car. Bluetooth is standard. I would agree with you that color out of range and to sample are the same. I think it's just a Ferrari (Italian to English) lost in translation spec section. Piping on the seats must be added. Look at it in pictures before you order it can be an overkill with some colors. I don't think you can choose steering wheel colors. Stitching on the seats can be any color you choose. Parking sensors are options front and rear or both. Again before picking Daytonas find some first. Yes people like the option but I don't think they have sat in the new seats. I had them a few cars ago and they are in my 360 and long rides make you tired

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: F430 owners - What are the "must have" options?