Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

F430 owners - What are the "must have" options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 10:27 AM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
CF in driving zone is dash surround and steering wheel. Your dealer will have books and pics of all of this. Sit in some Daytona's before you buy. The standard 430 seats are really good for longer trips in the car. Bluetooth is standard. I would agree with you that color out of range and to sample are the same. I think it's just a Ferrari (Italian to English) lost in translation spec section. Piping on the seats must be added. Look at it in pictures before you order it can be an overkill with some colors. I don't think you can choose steering wheel colors. Stitching on the seats can be any color you choose. Parking sensors are options front and rear or both. Again before picking Daytonas find some first. Yes people like the option but I don't think they have sat in the new seats. I had them a few cars ago and they are in my 360 and long rides make you tired

I won't be driving around too much or going for long trips.. So would the daytonas be good for short trips?

Old 11-03-2007, 11:13 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Daytonas are good seats but my experience is my girlfriends have all liked the others. They will be fine and for some reason people always ask if your car has Daytonas? I just ordered a Spider and my dealer said most guys aren't buying the daytonas. I like the looks of the regular seats better. Just my opinion though. Either way you'll have a fantastic car....

Old 11-03-2007, 12:01 PM
TheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura about
I just ordered a Spider and my dealer said most guys aren't buying the daytonas.
Really? The majority of 430s on the market today have Daytona seats. My dealer reports that most F cars are still ordered with Daytona seats.

While I have not taken a poll of "girlfriends" preferences -- I'm married -- I find Daytonas to be quite comfortable, and they look sensational, imvho. I have them in my 599 and 430 Coupe, and I ordered my 08 Spider with them.

The Daytona seat is a tried and tested classic Ferrari look, e.g. Daytona Spider. You can't go wrong ordering them, imvho!

However, it's all a matter of personal taste and it's what makes ordering a Ferrari so much fun!

Old 11-03-2007, 12:06 PM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
So daytonas are electrically operated right? Or do I need to opt for Daytona Electric seats?
Sorry for the dumb question,but this is the first time I am buying a ferrari.. And this is India,so I don't have the option for seeing one in action or even a sample one.. I had recently pulled the trigger on the 08 build Gallardo but canceled that order as I really want the F430,a collectors car,for my collection.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:15 PM
TheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ecks
So daytonas are electrically operated right? Or do I need to opt for Daytona Electric seats?
Sorry for the dumb question,but this is the first time I am buying a ferrari.. And this is India,so I don't have the option for seeing one in action or even a sample one.. I had recently pulled the trigger on the 08 build Gallardo but canceled that order as I really want the F430,a collectors car,for my collection.
Not a dumb question at all. The electrically operated seats is an option on the 430 separate from the Daytona seats option:

Electrically Operated Seats Option = $2563

Daytona Seats Option = $2912

Are you looking for a Coupe or Spider?

Last edited by TheCreditMan; 11-03-2007 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by TheCreditMan
Not a dumb question at all. The electrically operated seats is an option on the 430 separate from the Daytona seats option:

Electrically Operated Seats Option = $2563

Daytona Seats Option = $2912

Are you looking for a Coupe or Spider?

Am looking for a coupe sir.. The price list I have states that the Daytona Seats are for 3120 $.. Anyways,so Daytona seats are operated electronically completly? (Fore and Aft,height adjustement etc etc)?

Old 11-03-2007, 01:00 PM
I also need help in deciding the stitching and piping.. Since I'd be getting the car in a tan interior,what kinda stitching goes with it( if any) and what piping? I really need your expert opinion people,as viewing the car is not possible for me at all..

Old 11-03-2007, 02:00 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
I can't help with stitching for a Tan interior car. Black will show off almost all colors of stitching or piping but Tan will only accept a couple of colors maybe. Electric seats are a must.

I would agree a lot of F'cars have daytonas and I like them in my 360 over the standard. I just fit the new f430 seats a little better I guess.

Last edited by H20SKIER; 11-03-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:08 PM
I can't help with stitching for a Tan interior car. Black will show off almost all colors of stitching or piping but Tan will only accept a couple of colors maybe. Electric seats are a must.

I would agree a lot of F'cars have daytonas and I like them in my 360 over the standard. I just fit the new f430 seats a little better I guess.

Yeah.. I think I'll just go with the tan interior and standard stitching that comes with that interior..
So if I want to get Daytona Seats,I should tell my dealer I want " Daytona Electric Seats" ? Or if I say Daytona,it means Daytona Seats that are electrically operated?

Old 11-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by ecks
Yeah.. I think I'll just go with the tan interior and standard stitching that comes with that interior..
So if I want to get Daytona Seats,I should tell my dealer I want " Daytona Electric Seats" ? Or if I say Daytona,it means Daytona Seats that are electrically operated?
The option costs I posted are directly from my 07 430 Window Sticker. Maybe the costs have gone up for 08?

Simply tell the dealer you want to order Daytona Seats AND Electric Seats -- two separate options.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by TheCreditMan
The option costs I posted are directly from my 07 430 Window Sticker. Maybe the costs have gone up for 08?

Simply tell the dealer you want to order Daytona Seats AND Electric Seats -- two separate options.

Got that... Any other options in addition to what I have planned to get,that you'd recommend?

Old 11-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Originally Posted by kaz555
I don't know about y'all, but I would most certainly pay a little more to get the car in black, I think black exterior is very handsome on the F430, especially when combined with the challenge wheels.

BANG! there you go!

Attached Images