Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

When will it be possible to buy a Ferrari at list pr without being a prior customer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Kinan is on a distinguished road
When will it be possible to buy a Ferrari at list pr without being a prior customer?

The way the economy is going, it won't be long now! Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Old 11-13-2008, 10:30 PM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
ferrari's new car market isn't affected by a recession or even a depression. most rich people are well diversified and own safe securities to make sure they stay rich. besides the average new ferrari buyer buy multiple ferraris.

the used ferrari market is starting to sink a little, but not nearly as drasitcally as other cars.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:52 PM
4retr is on a distinguished road
Kinan:

If you have a friend that can make an introduction with a local authorized dealer I'm sure a 430 allocation which isn't picked-up can be had close to MSRP. If it is a California you're interested in or the 430 replacement IMHO it would have to get much worse economically for them to offer them to first time clients at MSRP.

On a side note my local Porsche dealer would not commit to the next generation GT3/RS at MSRP even though I've done two RS deals with them last year. With this attitude Ferrari is looking better!

Old 11-14-2008, 04:03 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
it won't be very long from now.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:57 PM
1SIKCAB is on a distinguished road
with the pre-owned market taking a 30% dump just this year, i think it would be foolish for FNA to NOT offer MSRP to 1st time buyers. In fact, my friend is selling his 05' yellow/black 430 F-1, 7k mi for $160K. IMO, I don't think we've seen the bottom yet, especially with the winter months and pre April 15 spending habits.

Last edited by 1SIKCAB; 11-16-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:21 PM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
I doubt Ferrari will ever sell cars to first-time buyers without a premium. They will never need to. Maybe, just maybe, if everyone who has ever bought a brand new Ferrari went completely broke and had to sell all of their cars, and Obama gave all their money to some hicks in Alabama as part of their welfare check, then maybe that poor bastard would have a shot at buying a new Ferrari for MSRP, but I'd be willing to bet that Ferrari would simply stop selling cars in the US if there wasn't a high enough demand to warrant these premiums to first-time buyers.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:30 PM
1SIKCAB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by alzilla300
I doubt Ferrari will ever sell cars to first-time buyers without a premium. They will never need to. Maybe, just maybe, if everyone who has ever bought a brand new Ferrari went completely broke and had to sell all of their cars, and Obama gave all their money to some hicks in Alabama as part of their welfare check, then maybe that poor bastard would have a shot at buying a new Ferrari for MSRP, but I'd be willing to bet that Ferrari would simply stop selling cars in the US if there wasn't a high enough demand to warrant these premiums to first-time buyers.

Well, I've seen stranger things happen this year....my crystal ball tells me that anything is possible now.

It just doesn't make fiscal sense for FNA to maintain the "club membership" sales mentality. Another thread indicated that a clean 07' with 4K miles just sold for $155K. Unless one has a money tree growing in the back yard, why buy new?

Last edited by 1SIKCAB; 11-17-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:36 PM
ajf1 is on a distinguished road
depending on where you live you can get a new ferrari @ msrp right now. go to fchat and ask, plenty of people are reporting first time customers getting cars for sticker. they have several threads with current pricing info, a real eye opener! search for user napolis, he is a well respected member and has reported some very interesting deals on 430's ( no story low mile 07 spiders in the 180's)and 599's (low mile 07's in the 270's).

Last edited by ajf1; 11-17-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Icedout44 is on a distinguished road
Im up in Canada and as long as your serious about buying and not wasteing time I know alot of guys that will let them roll at list price. The key is if they know your serious they will be serious.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:51 PM
DingDing is just really niceDingDing is just really niceDingDing is just really niceDingDing is just really nice
I can buy it from my local dealer

Old 11-19-2008, 01:36 AM
60Valves is on a distinguished road
You can walk into any dealer in the UK and do this today on a 430, 612, or 599.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:30 AM
Texas 996 TT can only hope to improve
True - Paying MSRP is all over the USA right now - There is so much supply with 05,06,07 with no miles - tons of them - - With regarding to MSRP - more has changed in the last 90 days than in the last 8 years on pricing new F430's

So couple that with the fact that financing costs have sky rocketed and lending for Ferraris is non-existent. It’s a perfect storm - you have a bad situation and a tough market for dealers who now have expensive overhead and floorplan financing, 2009s are on their way here, orders are being cancelled - just ask, plus think about the high inventories they paid 60 days ago that will not hold up with any decent margin right now. Any dealer that sells these types of cars new would be a fool not to take MSRP

Old 11-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned
carnut1 is on a distinguished road
If you e dealing with a smaller dealer it still wont be easy, if they are only get 2 or 3 cars a month the wait list is going to still be there.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:49 AM
60Valves is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by carnut1
If you e dealing with a smaller dealer it still wont be easy, if they are only get 2 or 3 cars a month the wait list is going to still be there.
Depends on the country. Maybe in the US but not in Europe these days.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:26 AM
jakeskiny is on a distinguished road
I think that given where the economy is right now, anything is possible. There are tons of people who are losing net worth everyday and lots of others gaining net worth as well. There will always be dealers who demand a premium and buyers who pay it, so premiums (for any rare car, not just Ferraris) will always be around... Having said that, there are always examples of people who get great cars at MSRP or discounted. Timing is everything which means as a buyer, we need to be patient. As an example, I was looking at a new Porsche GT2 at a local dealer at MSRP in August while other dealers were asking for $50K premiums. I decided against it because I really want to add a Ferrari, not another Porsche. I have been shopping for a used 360 coupe for over a year but now I'm looking at a F430 coupe given where those prices are going.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: When will it be possible to buy a Ferrari at list pr without being a prior customer?