Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

How long does it take to get a 458?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 01:28 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
How long does it take to get a 458?

I was at the dealer looking at one, it has 500 miles on it. They told me it will take about 2 years if I put my name down for one, 6 months for the California. Do not know much about Ferrari, just curious how it work.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:46 PM
jacx920 can only hope to improve
buy it used...

Old 10-21-2010, 11:32 PM
trincap is a jewel in the roughtrincap is a jewel in the roughtrincap is a jewel in the roughtrincap is a jewel in the rough
Used will be more expensive then new with average prices anywhere from 20-50k over MSRP. 2 years is about right unless you have a relationship with the dealer. California wait on order is 4-6 months. To be on order you put an order in with your specs (duh) and then a deposit of 10-30k and get your car in 4-6 months. These aren't just built in a day like a Honda. It takes time and the California actually has one extra stop when the wheel the car around from station to station. Now, 2 years from now, I'm sure used will be better but as of right now, that's the case.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:59 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
i think there are new 458's around, at $50k over msrp. if you can get a used one for less without the wait, you have it made.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:11 AM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Most dealers I know will not put you on the list for a new 458 unless you are a current Ferrari owner or have been a Ferrari owner in the past. So you have to buy a used Ferrari to become an owner and then get on the list! These are some of the rules of Ferrari buying blessed by Maranello itself!

Old 10-23-2010, 01:41 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by djantlive
i think there are new 458's around, at $50k over msrp. if you can get a used one for less without the wait, you have it made.
They have to be used then, From my understanding Ferrari does NOT allow dealers to charge over MSRP on new cars hence why the used ones are over list.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:50 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
They have to be used then, From my understanding Ferrari does NOT allow dealers to charge over MSRP on new cars hence why the used ones are over list.
Yes, I believe you are right. But "used" could be just "titled" but with delivery miles and offered for sale by anyone OTHER than an official Ferrari delaer.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
from what i understand there is about a 2 year wait in most parts of the country. your only option is to get a titled one at whatever the going market price is.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:26 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dk996tt
from what i understand there is about a 2 year wait in most parts of the country. your only option is to get a titled one at whatever the going market price is.
Pardon my dumb question since I have no experience with Ferrari. I read here(and heard) you shouldn’t put a lot of miles in your Ferrari because it will be hard to resell. A lot used Ferrari I saw on auto trader are less than 2k miles. Why is that? My guess all Ferrari owners has 6 other cars? Or because no one would pay for a high miles Ferrari because of its price tag? Or does it actually has something to do with the car? ie, it gets too expensive to service after 5k miles?

What if it is the only car I can afford and I will have to drive it daily? It will be 20k to 30k miles after 3 years... does that mean my $300k 458 will now worth $150k?

Old 10-30-2010, 12:00 AM
rzundel will become famous soon enough
Ferrari is not intented to be a daily driver. Miles do impact the value of the car.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:52 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
A more important question is why do you want one in the first place? Forgive me if I am reading too much into your post, but you ask if the wait for a 458 is two years and then state that the wait for a California is 6 months. Is wait time your deciding factor? The 458 and the California are two vastly different cars. Are you looking at a California just to have a Ferrari? If so, you may be better off with a used Ferrari.

If it were me, I would be looking for a used 16M spider, before I would but a California. Just my two cents.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:00 PM
xlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nice
Sounds like a very young kid asking these questions to me.

Old 10-31-2010, 01:09 PM
Meshari will become famous soon enoughMeshari will become famous soon enough
I've seen a 360 with more than 100k miles, ferrari can be a DD but it sure cost to service, i believe most ferrari's have no Cup holders, that's something you want to consider in your daily driver.

I'd suggest California as a DD. than a burned down 458.

Old 10-31-2010, 02:55 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by rzundel
Ferrari is not intented to be a daily driver. Miles do impact the value of the car.
True, miles impact resale on any used car, but almost all Ferrari on auto trader are with super low miles. My guess— they aren’t daily driver-friendly, owner has few other cars. But I would like to think the newer Ferrari are more daily driver-friendly.

Old 10-31-2010, 02:58 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by lacrosse
A more important question is why do you want one in the first place? Forgive me if I am reading too much into your post, but you ask if the wait for a 458 is two years and then state that the wait for a California is 6 months. Is wait time your deciding factor? The 458 and the California are two vastly different cars. Are you looking at a California just to have a Ferrari? If so, you may be better off with a used Ferrari.

If it were me, I would be looking for a used 16M spider, before I would but a California. Just my two cents.
I am just curious, and trying to learn more about the car, and how the purchasing work. Do not know much about the car other than what I read online/youtube.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How long does it take to get a 458?