Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

458 VS Aventador what to buy????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 01:39 AM
mikegr is on a distinguished road
maybe wait for another year and get the replacement of the 458

Old 05-28-2013, 04:00 AM
Rolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mikegr
maybe wait for another year and get the replacement of the 458
There is already a replacement for the 458? Its only been what.. 3 years'ish? What is the replacement called/do you have any pics/link?

Old 05-29-2013, 10:44 PM
TractControlOff will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Stock_Monster
There is already a replacement for the 458? Its only been what.. 3 years'ish? What is the replacement called/do you have any pics/link?
The Scud version (Monte Carlo) of the 458 hasn't even come out yet. We're probably half way through the 458's reign, I would imagine.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:32 AM
dsmarks will become famous soon enough
I am not a fan of the Lambo. I love everything about the 458 and will say that there is quite a bit more room in the 458 too!

Old 05-30-2013, 01:32 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
I'm a big Ferrari fan...but the Aventador is just so badass, I would definitely get that.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:31 PM
jaxxonR8 will become famous soon enough
I had a rough time getting past the emoticons, but I would say for a street only, straight line, autobahn stormer, poser car, Avantador hands down.

Now if you don't live ten miles or less from the autobahn and desire a car where the pinnacle of the latest sports car technology meets function and beauty plus an occasional track day car, 458 Italia.

Lambo's are never fully sorted as they have no real racing team to test the technology that they steal from Ferrari. The closest they have in real racing is Reiter Engineering's GT2/3 Gallardo's. The Avatador is clearly a great effort and miles ahead of the Murcielago, but on a racetrack it would suffer trying to keep up with a 458 Italia.

You have to be honest with yourself and what the car will used for...

Old 05-31-2013, 05:43 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Rumor has it, the current 458 will be around another two years. I toyed with the Lambo vs 458. Lambo is rarer for sure and imo a rawer sports car. I am choicing the 458 because the nearest Lambo dealership is quite a distance from my home, but there are two Ferrari dealerships within 20 miles.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:39 PM
LOSERKING has a spectacular aura aboutLOSERKING has a spectacular aura aboutLOSERKING has a spectacular aura about
458 - Good DD soft nice small. It is like a happy puppy (like u said).
Aventador - Awesome car for a weekend Driver. Big. It is a bulldog compared to the happy puppy.

I would go with the Happy puppy.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:49 AM
Bpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really nice
Originally Posted by tortesq1
Performance wise the Mac and 458 are VERY similar, but as looks and sounds go the 458 is my choice. Can't go wrong with either one as a DD. As I said if your steed is a once a week drive I'd have no hesitation opting for the big Bull.
The updated Mac is a lot faster then the 458!

As a dd easily the 458, but as some has already said here, take a look at the Mac.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:52 AM
tortesq1 has a spectacular aura abouttortesq1 has a spectacular aura about
The Mac is a great car (with the HP boost even better) but it is NOT "a lot faster then the 458". No OEM car in the World save extremely limited production crazy expensive cars like a Veyron, Konnigs or Pagani H or faster than any 458. Yes an Aventador may hit 60 in 2.6 vs. 3 for a 458 and the 1/4 in 10.6 vs. 10.9 but these #'s are truly meaningless dribble when you are in the street. What matters is how the 458 makes you feel each and every day. If you want a high end mass produced DD that will be the fastest opt for a 991TTS, best bang for the buck DD get a GTR (while fugly there ain't no denying its ridiculously fast and an extraordinary performer). With all due respect the people that buy these cars aren't really looking for THE fastest car, but a car that makes them FEEL like they are Michael Schumacher each and every time they start up their baby. If you don't feel that way about the 458 then don't get it. Its like a wife (been married for 25 years). If when you look at your wife you want to kiss her then you you have chosen wisely. If not, well maybe its time to look at a different manufacturer or model.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:24 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
As stated by another poster, the 458 Spider.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:46 AM
onetwo is on a distinguished road
Get the Aventador if you value impressing complete strangers over everything else. There is nothing wrong with this, BTW.

Pick the 458 if practically any other aspect of the car is of a higher priority.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:41 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
McLaren acceleration, handling and shifting is out of this world. I guarantee you if youtest drive this car you will not want to drive anything else.
But between the 458 and Aventador, I pick the Av for its outrageous looks.

Last edited by vincentdds; 07-26-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:22 PM
boostfiend is on a distinguished road
Haha who cares both the cars impress enough strangers but the real question is do you want a V8 or do you want a V12...

Old 07-27-2013, 09:07 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
My advice is to get both. I mean buy one and have fun for a year then get the other. After have it for a year you would know which one you like better right away. It's pay to play anyways and if you can afford it why not .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 458 VS Aventador what to buy????