Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

458 VS Aventador what to buy????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 10:51 AM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tortesq1
.Granted that was the MP4 which has since been tweaked with a few more horses, but ALOT faster ? Just an erroneous statement.
Yes the MP4 is ALOT faster than a 2012 458. This is the factory upgraded MP4. If you think these cars are equally fast you need to visit the eyedoctor

Last edited by sideWays_swe; 08-14-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Gino F-430 is on a distinguished road
Go for 458 !!!

Old 08-14-2013, 02:07 PM
tortesq1 has a spectacular aura abouttortesq1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sideWays_swe
Yes the MP4 is ALOT faster than a 2012 458. This is the factory upgraded MP4. If you think these cars are equally fast you need to visit the eyedoctor

McLaren MP4-12C vs Ferrari 458 Italia: 625 HP vs 570 HP x 2 races: GTBOARD.com real races! - YouTube
How do we know that the MP4 wasn't modded ? How can we verify it had "only 625 hp" (which by the way is more than the upgraded HP # here in the US) ? What evidence is there that the Mac in the video didn't have 750 HP ? or 800 HP ? Maybe it was stock maybe it was modded, but we will never know as the video you show is as unscientific and as unquantifiable as is possible. If you want your position that the Mac is ALOT faster than a 458 to be respected I'd suggest that you show us a reputable magazine article that compares the 458 with the MP4 side by side under the exact same weather and track conditions and the exact same drivers. In the US we have Road & Track, Motor Trend, Car & Driver, etc. I'd really love to see ANY straight line performance test (ie. 0-60, 0-100, quarter mile, etc.) where the MP4 decimated the 458.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Gino F-430 is on a distinguished road
How do we know that the MP4 wasn't modded ? How can we verify it had "only 625 hp" (which by the way is more than the upgraded HP # here in the US) ? What evidence is there that the Mac in the video didn't have 750 HP ? or 800 HP ? Maybe it was stock maybe it was modded, but we will never know as the video you show is as unscientific and as unquantifiable as is possible. If you want your position that the Mac is ALOT faster than a 458 to be respected I'd suggest that you show us a reputable magazine article that compares the 458 with the MP4 side by side under the exact same weather and track conditions and the exact same drivers. In the US we have Road & Track, Motor Trend, Car & Driver, etc. I'd really love to see ANY straight line performance test (ie. 0-60, 0-100, quarter mile, etc.) where the MP4 decimated the 458.

Yeah !!!

Old 08-14-2013, 08:41 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Uuugghhh! Mag racing?

Old 08-15-2013, 05:06 PM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
yes i know the macca is stock. I was there and the MP4 had just been taken home from germany to the new owner. I know the guys that took the car from germany and it was almost brand new. It is stock no doubt about that. The Mp4 with factory upgrade is that fast. there was a second MP4 at the same event (also completely stock) that did the same thing do a few different 458s. If you look at m5boards channel you can find those vids there to.

Mp4 vs ess supercharged m3 DCT

mp4 vs 599 GTO

mp4 vs turbo S

mp4 vs another 458

It wont beat the Veyron though, but you can clearly see how fast it is, not THAT far off it

Should i continue?

Last edited by sideWays_swe; 08-15-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Old 08-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Videos are useless to demonstrate performance superiority. All I'm asking for is an objective quantifiable test result reported by ANY reputable magazine. Same driver, same conditions, proper mechanical equipment to measure the #'s. If I showed you a video of me dusting a Veyron in my 458 you'd say that the Veyron driver was incompetent or holding back or whatever (and rightly so). Point is that the videos are anything but objective. Having different drivers alone makes the testing unscientific and useless to corroborate performance data. I just don't comprehend why you fail to see this. My guess is that you will be unable to locate any actual written test data from ANY reputable magazine source to verify your statement.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:33 AM
Californication is on a distinguished road
actual written test data from ANY reputable magazine source to verify your statement.
I don't wish to digress but does anyone think a magazine review is reputable? Come on, Ferrari is one of the biggest culprits of manipulating their cars for a review.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:36 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Californication
I don't wish to digress but does anyone think a magazine review is reputable? Come on, Ferrari is one of the biggest culprits of manipulating their cars for a review.
I was wondering if I was the only thinking this...

Anyone know of a 'reputable' magazine? In any industry?

There is always a motive for print (publishing).

Old 08-16-2013, 11:52 AM
How about YOU guys pick the magazine and I mean ANY magazine. I find it incredulous that there is not one single magazine based performance comparison test that will bolster the claim that an MP4 is ALOT faster than a 458. You won't find it unless you manufacture same as it doesn't exist. The 458 and MP4 have, for all intents and purposes, duplicate performance envelopes from 0-60, 0-100 and through the quarter mile. Even if the "upgraded" MP4 were a small fraction of a second faster nobody is buying it solely for that reason.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
I know this thread is old and it's interesting to me because I often wonder what I would choose if I had the money.

In all honesty, I already know it would be a Verde Ithaca LP700.... However, I would MUCH RATHER save some dough and get the GT2RS, and that's real talk.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:32 AM
How about YOU guys pick the magazine and I mean ANY magazine. I find it incredulous that there is not one single magazine based performance comparison test that will bolster the claim that an MP4 is ALOT faster than a 458. You won't find it unless you manufacture same as it doesn't exist. The 458 and MP4 have, for all intents and purposes, duplicate performance envelopes from 0-60, 0-100 and through the quarter mile. Even if the "upgraded" MP4 were a small fraction of a seco nd faster nobody is buying it solely for that reason.
first of all. Its not that hard to get maximum performance out of these cars on an airfield. Just put the pedal to the ground and push a button to change gears. My grandma could do that. So belive me all cars where flat ou and you can hear the 458 not holding back. Sportauto is one of the most reputable magazines in the world. They tested the 458 0-200kmh in 10,6sec. The mp4 did it in 9,7sec and that was BEFORE mclaren offered the factory upgrade. But maybe sportauto is

Last edited by sideWays_swe; 08-18-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm not familiar with Sport Auto here in the States, but at least you provided an objective basis for your statement. I won't apologize for my obvious skepticism and disdain for your videos, but I will apologize for denigrating your position that there are no objective tests reflecting the Mac being faster. Can you post the Sport Auto test for us to see ? I assume you have a Mac or you wouldn't be defending it so vociferously. The poster probably should have included the Mac as a 3rd choice with the Aventador and the 458. In the States there is a group of folks (me included) that never considered the Mac as a viable option. My last 2 DD's were P cars - an 03 996TT X50 6 speed and then an 07 997TT tip. After spending the better part of the last decade driving a turbo I just wanted a normally aspirated engine and the 458 was the obvious choice. When I ordered my car at the end of 2011 the 458 reigned at or near the top of the DD food chain. Anyway, if you review the road tests available here in the States, all performance testing shows that these 2 cars have relatively similar performance envelopes. Maybe its just me, but I have never been spanked by any car except for a highly modded ZR1 and a highly modded GTR (I'm talking aggressively pulling away deep into the triple digits). No stock Mac, Aventador, GTR or whatever is spanking me and my 458. Keeping up with yes, but certainly no spanking me. Too bad we don't have a real racetrack in the Long Island, NY area to properly test ALL of our banshees.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Sportauto is the german magazine that does all the nurburgring times. I do not own a mp4 and im not fan of how it looks, a 458 looks much better and if i had to choose between the two i would take the 458. but i have seen how fast the mp4 is compared to other high performance cars. And now your saying a aventador is equally fast as a 458. you must have one special 458

Last edited by sideWays_swe; 08-18-2013 at 10:46 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 458 VS Aventador what to buy????