Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

CS speedo video for Web racers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Banned
allanlambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally posted by iLLM3
Well now i see what your basing your statements off of and that's respectable. I havent had a chance to drive all of the cars you mentioned, so i cannot comment sorry to say. Me personally i would never buy a 360, im such a perf. nut and that is just status and looks to me.. My m3 would eat a cs and im still not satisfied with it, that is why im going with a 996tt maybe a gt2, we sha'll see..

The F430 and Gallardo are both gorgeous, both so exotic looking and again, i hav enot been in F430 but the Gallardo is a great drive, F40 is a serious car, why no mention of the Enzo? Price is insane but from a drivers pov without price tag involved, its an amazing car no?

Martin
I agree, the Enzo is amazing, but inmo, way way overpriced.

Old 10-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is on a distinguished road
Price isn't that much considering how rare the car is and how special it truly is. If the cost was much less it would just be your average exotic car, not the true supercar that it is.

Old 10-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Banned
Originally posted by Ferrarislave
Some people just don't know what they want... The 360CS is a perfect car in every possible way. There was only 1 lawsuit by a lawyer in the UK claiming the car can't reach the advertised top speed. The 360CS is not over rated, the US cars have less HP my guess due to emissions. While the acceleration doesn't come close to a Murcielago many people would still take a 360CS over any Lamborghini.. Driving dynamics is more to some then straight line performance. The 360CS is a race car for the street, the same can be said about the Porsche GT3 RS. People buy these cars to enjoy them for what they were made for, and that is the track. You can't compare a 360CS to a regular CS, they are two different machines. Even though looks and engines may be similar the experience is totally different.

Some of us just don't understand that and will continue to degrade and find things wrong with the CS.....

Ferrarislave, you have probobly never even sat in, let alone driven a 360CS. So inmo, you have no opinion on driving dynamics. WTF are you talking about comparing a 360 CS to a regular CS?

And as I said, if the 360 CS is a race car for the street, on a race track it should be faster than a regular 415hp 996TT which is heavier, fully optioned, and even has back seats, which is not a race car for the street.

So here is what we have:
The 360 CS is slower than EVERY comprable car in its price class.

The 360CS is slower than just about every comprable car below its price class ie Z06, Viper, 996TT

The track ready CS loses on the track to the 996 TT, The Gt3, BMW CSl, Gallardo, Murcielago, Z06 etc.

So unless you are in utter awe of the styling, the 360CS is good for nothing.

Old 10-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Banned
Price isn't that much considering how rare the car is and how special it truly is. If the cost was much less it would just be your average exotic car, not the true supercar that it is.
The Enzo is not that rare to warrant its price. It is a 500K car, not a 1 mill plus. At 500k, id buy one.

Old 10-29-2005, 01:39 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
I don't understand why everyone worships the 360 CS so much like allan said it's not fast!!!! Yes they are pretty involving drive and they feel light and are a lot of fun, but then again so it the Lotus Elise. I HAVE driven the 360 and the CS and while the CS is far superior to the 360 I would still take a GT2 over both from a perfromance standpoint. Now if I could only have a 360CS a 360 or a GT2 I would get the 360CS because it is after all a ferrari but that's because im shallow.

Old 10-29-2005, 05:34 PM
srika will become famous soon enoughsrika will become famous soon enough
Some people just don't know what they want... The 360CS is a perfect car in every possible way. There was only 1 lawsuit by a lawyer in the UK claiming the car can't reach the advertised top speed. The 360CS is not over rated, the US cars have less HP my guess due to emissions. While the acceleration doesn't come close to a Murcielago many people would still take a 360CS over any Lamborghini.. Driving dynamics is more to some then straight line performance. The 360CS is a race car for the street, the same can be said about the Porsche GT3 RS. People buy these cars to enjoy them for what they were made for, and that is the track. You can't compare a 360CS to a regular CS, they are two different machines. Even though looks and engines may be similar the experience is totally different.

Some of us just don't understand that and will continue to compare the 360CS to other supercars that cost more and have engines more then twice the size of the 360CS.
Excellent post. allanlambo, ah, you run a Lamborghini site, it all makes sense now. Everyone has their affinities. thank you come again.

Old 10-29-2005, 06:07 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
0-150 in ~23 secs. Not bad

Old 10-29-2005, 07:29 PM
mclaren55 will become famous soon enough
That thing is a sled, never knew they were so slow. Then again, I dislike Ferrari's in general.

Old 10-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by allanlambo
The Enzo is not that rare to warrant its price. It is a 500K car, not a 1 mill plus. At 500k, id buy one.
Definetly, it should not be more then MSRP. $1.2 mil is a little over doing it. I wouldn't pay that much for any current supercar.