Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

How does one get "IN" with Ferrari?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:59 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
How does one get "IN" with Ferrari?

By "IN" i mean, given the opportunity to purchase new Ferraris at MSRP fairly near their release date.

It seems to me that once you're "IN" you basically get to drive Ferraris for the rest of your life for free.

How do you get there?

Old 03-03-2006, 01:45 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
A friends father purchased a quatroporte (sp?) right when they came out so he could get in with the Ferrari salesmen at the dealership and was almost immediately able to get on the list for a F430. Thats the only way I know however i'm sure here is alot more wisdom on this board.

Old 03-03-2006, 01:58 PM
ajf1 is on a distinguished road
You have to pay to play, buy an overpriced used car or a not so hot car for msrp ie 612, left over 575m, or a maserati . Also if you do get on the list for a 430 and get the car for msrp, driving it for a couple hundred miles and flipping it back to the dealer doesnt hurt either. There was a guy on fchat (he owned one previous ferrari a 328) who placed a deposit for a 430 coupe 3 or so years ago and got his car last year for msrp. Not the typical, most dealers only let good customers on the list. One of the guys said he purchased a overpriced used 360 from Shelton, with the understanding he would get on the list for a 430, they agreed. When the 430 was officially announced they turned around said they were only selling to customers who purchased 5 or more cars.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:24 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
from what i know u have to pay to play first!

Old 03-03-2006, 04:25 PM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
Keep buying pre-owned ones from the dealer at first.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:41 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
would buying a 360 be enough? buying a used 430 now?

Let's say you agree to buy a 430 coupe now if they'll give you a spider at msrp in 6 months. How can you hold them to that? What if 6 months from now they just say **** you?

I need specifics.

Thanks

Old 03-03-2006, 08:10 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
Originally Posted by SteveH
would buying a 360 be enough? buying a used 430 now?

Let's say you agree to buy a 430 coupe now if they'll give you a spider at msrp in 6 months. How can you hold them to that? What if 6 months from now they just say **** you?

I need specifics.

Thanks
from what i hear, they can say f you at any time, regardless of being "on a list"

there's some NOT so bad deals on pre-owned 430's out nowadays...especially on coupes

Old 03-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Banned
deeroff is on a distinguished road
I have posted this elsewhere, but irrespective of whether you buy a used F car or a Maserati or other car from a dealer, quite frankly, nothing guarantees you of a car at MSRP or otherwise. It may make your relationship better with the dealer (at that point in time) but there is no quid pro quo.

I get frustrated when I read posts from others noting that they have given deposits or are a waiting list or......

I am currently awaiting delivery of my F430 that I spec'd out a few weeks ago. It is at MSRP and I have not provided a deposit, nor was I told I was on a waiting list - I am a customer of the dealer and have been for several years. I told them I wanted one and when I was up in the queue, I got a call, spec'd it out and that is it.

If my dealer told me I was on a waiting list, I would have been shocked as well if he asked for a deposit.

It is also quite frustrating to see posts where folks say they are on a "waiting list" and keep getting "their" allocation moved back six months, one year, etc. Again, while a dealer may have some internal list, Ferrari does not - Ferrari won't take a deposit, does not authorize dealers to do so, and again, nothing will guarantee you one. In fact, nothing guarantees me one either -- ever.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:16 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ajf1
You have to pay to play, buy an overpriced used car or a not so hot car for msrp ie 612, left over 575m, or a maserati . Also if you do get on the list for a 430 and get the car for msrp, driving it for a couple hundred miles and flipping it back to the dealer doesnt hurt either. There was a guy on fchat (he owned one previous ferrari a 328) who placed a deposit for a 430 coupe 3 or so years ago and got his car last year for msrp. Not the typical, most dealers only let good customers on the list. One of the guys said he purchased a overpriced used 360 from Shelton, with the understanding he would get on the list for a 430, they agreed. When the 430 was officially announced they turned around said they were only selling to customers who purchased 5 or more cars.
I bought my "used" (56 mile) 430 Spider from Shelton last November. I obviously paid over list. I asked if buying this would enable me to get a car at MSRP in the future and was told you had to have previously bought 6 Ferraris from them.

In any event I'm very happy to have the car. The allocations for 430s seem to have all but dried up. Prices have firmed. There are barely any cars for sale on Ferrari Market Letter, EBay or Dupont (same cars every week). Could I sell my car for what I paid? Probably not. But I'll lose no more money on the car when I sell it then I did on my first Turbo Cab (percentage wise I'll probably lose less then I ever did selling any of my Porsches). And, at least I'm driving a car I want instead of constantly thinking about how I can buy one for list. Why would someone buy an overpriced used Ferrari (say 575M) or a 612 at MSRP or 3 Maserati Spiders only to get a 430 at list? You'll lose the same money on those trades, maybe more, then if you paid over list for the 430. Keep in mind too that Ferrari dealers cannot sell out of their market area. So even if you find a short list (I keep hearing Ferrari of Denver) the car must be registered locally. I know some people "refuse" to pay over list for a car. I say good luck trying to find one.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Considering where Ferrari's styling is going ... I'm not sure the prancing horse emblem is gonna make up for it for ages ...

Old 03-04-2006, 01:00 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
This is a very interesting topic and for years I tried to find a way into a F dealer because I love those cars. Every year my dad and I go to the detroit car show and the owner of the detroit ferrari dealer lets us into the display. After two years he offered us a 2005 360 spider brand new with no miles a gift worth about 40k, but my dad didn't want to spend that kind of change on a car that he wont really drive. He also offered us a spot on the 599 list and we took it. Jeff Cauley promised us a good spot and Mr. Cauley is a really honest guy. I have no idea why he has been so nice to my dad and I, but he has been exceptional. I would recomend anyone to do business with Cauley Ferrari. Every Ferrari dealer I have ever been to talks down to new customers, Cauley has let me look at his cars at detroit for years. He took me and showed me the Enzo when I was like 15 before it had even came out. He is rock solid and runs one of the best dealerships in the country.

Old 03-04-2006, 01:43 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ESK
Keep in mind too that Ferrari dealers cannot sell out of their market area. So even if you find a short list (I keep hearing Ferrari of Denver) the car must be registered locally.
The authorized F-dealer in Salt Lake City offered me an F430 at list in 2 years.

I'm in Orange County, so that's obviously not a local sale. I am not contradicting you, because it seems like you know more about it than I do - I'm just telling you what I was told over the phone.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Skip the salesmen and go straight to the GM with these locked and loaded.

Old 03-05-2006, 01:10 AM
Banned
996TTASrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Pay a dealer for a new F430 (they have them or at least they did last year) and pay $40K over MSRP. I am already on the list for 2008 when they have a new model to replace the F430.

Plus I visited Marenello before the Olympics. Tell them how much you love your car and meet the Plant Manager. I did. He knows my name and now he knows my face. He also liked the gift I gave him. "Ten identical pictures of Benjamin Franklin". In Italy...anything goes.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:26 PM
SPIVY is on a distinguished road
We never had a problem with our dealership we walked in said we wanted a 360 and 18 months later we had it. Now we have a 430 on order hopefully summer

e

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: How does one get "IN" with Ferrari?