Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Project Garage Condo

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:43 AM
devster is on a distinguished road
Whens the first cars and coffee of this year? I figure you have the inside scoop.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:44 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by devster
Whens the first cars and coffee of this year? I figure you have the inside scoop.
Luis & Tyler's call, but I think it's April 3rd, weather permitting.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:13 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by devster
Yep, April 3rd, rain, snow or shine.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:15 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Yep, April 3rd, rain, snow or shine.
Forgot about the USPS-esque 'rain/snow...'

Old 02-12-2010, 10:22 AM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
This is just unbelievable, we need a complex like this to happen in NorCal, there was talks/plans a few years ago that got shutdown by the environmentalists.

Thanks for this pic

Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Just so you guys get an idea, here is an arial pic of the location where Chris's garage is during one of my Cars & Cafe events. The location is massive and while there are some crazy garage in there, I really like the way Chris has done his (pretty much the same exact way I would do it, in fact, if I decide to pull the trigger on one of these, I may need to hire Chris and his wife for interior design.)

(Sorry if this pic was previously posted in there)

Old 02-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Great overview pic Luis.

I put a pic like that on my blog, but flaked it on this thread.

Added to the OP.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:33 PM
CarGuy56 will become famous soon enough
wow very nice garage!

Old 02-13-2010, 03:42 AM
Tonus72 is on a distinguished road
Awesome.

And no one has asked, so I am going to stick my neck out...

What do you do for a crust to achieve this dream???

Thanks for taking the time to share your hard work

Tone

Old 02-13-2010, 07:27 PM
live2boutside is on a distinguished road
so, a couple of questions for you ..... the building in the foreground is the clubhouse and the other seven buildings are sectioned into garages that are basically like what you started with in the beginning. is there a road course, or dragstrip associated with the complex? are people running car-related businesses out of their garages? i guess that it would be a good cross-section of autos .... exotic, muscle, antique? it's too cool that you're able to be a part of a community of like-minded enthusiasts.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by live2boutside
so, a couple of questions for you ..... the building in the foreground is the clubhouse and the other seven buildings are sectioned into garages that are basically like what you started with in the beginning. is there a road course, or dragstrip associated with the complex? are people running car-related businesses out of their garages? i guess that it would be a good cross-section of autos .... exotic, muscle, antique? it's too cool that you're able to be a part of a community of like-minded enthusiasts.
Yes, the 'non-clubhouse' buildings are divided up.. the frame construction allows the interior spaces to be convertible. Some units are larger, and some are smaller than ours.

No track or dragstrip. This is in a fairly well populated suburban area.. No space at this location for anything like that.

A couple of guys who run consulting businesses work out of their unit a couple times a week, but I don't think anyone does that full time. No retail (car or otherwise) is permitted.

You're correct - there is a wide array of cars/cycles here. Exotics, muscle, classic, modern, kits, etc. Lot's of hot rods.

Everyone here seems to love cars and regardless of their personal preference, all seem to appreciate the other genres. That's what makes AutoMotorplex such a special place. BTW, some use it for high end RV or boat storage, but I'd guess that 75% of the spaces are car-centric.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by Tonus72
Awesome.

And no one has asked, so I am going to stick my neck out...

What do you do for a crust to achieve this dream???

Thanks for taking the time to share your hard work

Tone
Thanks & you're welcome. Dot com.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:23 PM
hrm
hrm is on a distinguished road
Makes me want to move East.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:44 PM
bartdude is on a distinguished road
i wish we had cars and coffee like this around Chicago!
Originally Posted by TestJet
This is just unbelievable, we need a complex like this to happen in NorCal, there was talks/plans a few years ago that got shutdown by the environmentalists.

Thanks for this pic

Old 02-16-2010, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by bartdude
i wish we had cars and coffee like this around Chicago!
Set it up!

Cars & Cafe (formerly Coffee) started in Minneapolis in April of 2008.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-4-5-08-a.html

Luis had put together a similar event in AZ. He sent the vibe out on 6speed and likely some Porsche/other forums the he frequented, some guys passed the message along on Forums that they were on like Vipers/Vettes/etc. and if memory serves, there were about 60-75 cars at the first one held in front of a Caribou Coffee.

The event quickly outgrew it's first three locations (and annoyed the regulars at the coffee places) and was moved to its current location at AutoMotorplex in Chanhassen (plenty of space, no upset coffee customers). Luis or Tyler probably have exact numbers, but I'd guess there were close to 500 cars at the events toward the end of last year.

I imagine that there are plenty of cars/people in Chicagoland to do something like this.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by hrm
Makes me want to move East.
Come here in February and you might change your sunny So.Cal mind

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Project Garage Condo