Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Project Garage Condo

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:55 AM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HIRISC
Finally took some (crappy) iPhone pics of the inside and outside railing. Believe it or not, these the inside cable rail (stainless and powdercoated steel) took the longest and was one of the most expensive single things we did... WTF! I guess I'm in the wrong business.
I disagree...you are exactly in the right business

looks SWEET!

Old 07-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Well, the cost is probably worth it in the long run. It has a quality look and a permenance that wood just does not have. Looks great.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:24 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Thanks guys.. We're very happy with how both railings turned out. Now we just need to get the A/C going!

Old 07-20-2010, 09:28 AM
DT007 is on a distinguished road
That is one helleva set-up... I love the contemporary look and sleek design.

What Sim set-up do you have (frame, wheel, etc.) I'm looking to add that in my Basement and I like the design of yours.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:36 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DT007
That is one helleva set-up... I love the contemporary look and sleek design.

What Sim set-up do you have (frame, wheel, etc.) I'm looking to add that in my Basement and I like the design of yours.
Thanks.

The seat is from a New Zealand company - Vision Racer

http://us.visionracer.com/home.html
http://us.visionracer.com/_product_5..._and_LCD_Stand

Review: http://www.gtplanet.net/visionracer-vr3-review/

Bought it on eBay and saved $100, but it doesn't look like they are selling their seat on eB any longer.

You get the seat/frame/TV mount/shifter mount in one big box shipped from Cali. Came in 5 days.

It's made for PS3 and G25 or G27.

Our PS3, LCD, Logitech G27 wheel/pedal/shifter set were extra.

I use a 32" Sony screen for my setup (I'm using a table for the LCD/PS3 as I didn't want to get up every time I needed to reach the PS3).. I wouldn't personally go bigger - especially with the stock distance.

It's a very good seat - there are better ones available, but at least 2 times the price.

LMK if I can help further.

Cheers.

Name:  rawAZB_2250.jpg
Views: 2234
Size:  6.49 MB

Last edited by HIRISC; 07-20-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Deebo16 is on a distinguished road
Wow this is gorgeous. I wish I could do something like this in my future.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:17 PM
GarageClass is on a distinguished road
Love the new railings Chris. Your all edited up over on the site:

http://www.garageclass.com/

Old 08-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by GarageClass
Love the new railings Chris. Your all edited up over on the site:

http://www.garageclass.com/

Thanks Dustin.. feel free to use any of the new pics. Alex took some new ones of the inside rail over the weekend.. I'll post them when he finally gets off his....er, when he's kind enough to get them to me

Old 08-03-2010, 07:26 PM
juancooldude is on a distinguished road
nice pad. thanks for sharing...

Old 08-06-2010, 11:56 AM
AMR Power is on a distinguished road
THE perfect garage....

Old 08-29-2010, 08:00 PM
S7AR is on a distinguished road
what an awsome set-up. if i had something like this, i would probably sleep in it rather than my house.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:32 AM
645E3A is on a distinguished road
Of the hundreds of "luxury" garages that I've seen in person and on the web, this is my absolute favorite. It is completely stunning. Your garage is an inspiration for the very very modest remodel that my wife and I have for our garage. If I may so kindly ask:

1) What model/make are the troffers that you used by your workbench?

2) What are the specs/color temperature of the fluorescent bulbs that you used.

Again, my hearty Congratulations on your brilliant concept and flawless execution of your new space! I hope your FF Cobra is coming along nicely!

Old 10-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by 645E3A
Of the hundreds of "luxury" garages that I've seen in person and on the web, this is my absolute favorite. It is completely stunning. Your garage is an inspiration for the very very modest remodel that my wife and I have for our garage. If I may so kindly ask:

1) What model/make are the troffers that you used by your workbench?

2) What are the specs/color temperature of the fluorescent bulbs that you used.

Again, my hearty Congratulations on your brilliant concept and flawless execution of your new space! I hope your FF Cobra is coming along nicely!
Thanks very much.. that's very nice to say.

The Troffer lights are Lithonia from Home Depot. They are 2 bulb versions:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

I believe we put in 3500K temp T8 bulbs rendering about 2800 lumens each.. you lose some light via the troffer's bulb cover, but I knew we'd have enough. As you may have noticed, we also have some standard can-lights as supplemental and those bulbs soften the space.

I'll double check tonight re the temp/brand and re-post if they are different than 3500K.

Thanks again for the thoughts and good wishes on the F5 project.

Chris

Last edited by HIRISC; 10-15-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Fastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to behold
how do you have sooo much money~!!!!!!

this is the 1st i seen this thread.... its soo impressive.. im speechless...

Old 10-15-2010, 11:53 PM
645E3A is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HIRISC
Thanks very much.. that's very nice to say.

The Troffer lights are Lithonia from Home Depot. They are 2 bulb versions:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

I believe we put in 3500K temp T8 bulbs rendering about 2800 lumens each.. you lose some light via the troffer's bulb cover, but I knew we'd have enough. As you may have noticed, we also have some standard can-lights as supplemental and those bulbs soften the space.

I'll double check tonight re the temp/brand and re-post if they are different than 3500K.

Thanks again for the thoughts and good wishes on the F5 project.

Chris
Thanks very Much Chris! Your help is invaluable. I'm using the same troffers too, though nowhere nearly as many!

Kindest Thanks,
Harry

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Project Garage Condo