Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Garage flooring?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 03:25 PM
BlackTTCab will become famous soon enoughBlackTTCab will become famous soon enough
I have literally the same exact floor as Dock. My only con is that it stains. If you will pull a daily driver in and out of your garage there will be faint tire marks after about a year.

You can clean it but they dont seem to fully come out.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally Posted by Lsalazarg
Thanks Dock, I gave the guys at Premier flooring a call... How long have you had your new flooring? Did you go with premier or epoxy finish?
I've had the floor down for about a year and a half...love it.

There was only one finish available when I got my floor; they call it a hybrid polymer.

Is the Premier dealer you called associated with the national company?

Old 06-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Lsalazarg is just really niceLsalazarg is just really niceLsalazarg is just really niceLsalazarg is just really nice
Originally Posted by Dock (Atlanta)
I've had the floor down for about a year and a half...love it.

There was only one finish available when I got my floor; they call it a hybrid polymer.

Is the Premier dealer you called associated with the national company?
well I went to the web site you pointed me to, completed the web form and have yet to receive response back... i cannot understand why companies bother creating and maintaining a web site and not following up on leads...

thanks for the reference, it looks promising... but I am leery of providers that offers bad pre-sales experience as it is usually the best experience and if get attention from sales is hard... imagine getting service or warranty work!

Old 06-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
well I went to the web site you pointed me to...
I haven't previously recommend a web site.

Premier Garage is a national company that franchises. You can see where your closest dealer is by looking at this web site...http://www.premiergarage.com/

Old 06-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Lsalazarg is just really niceLsalazarg is just really niceLsalazarg is just really niceLsalazarg is just really nice
I haven't previously recommend a web site.

Premier Garage is a national company that franchises. You can see where your closest dealer is by looking at this web site...http://www.premiergarage.com/
that is what i meant. i googled premier garage, went to the web site, filled out the web form... nobody called back. so I guess I will go with polished concrete.

thanks all for the tips/ideas

Old 06-28-2010, 10:10 AM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
that is what i meant. i googled premier garage, went to the web site, filled out the web form... nobody called back. so I guess I will go with polished concrete.

thanks all for the tips/ideas
Had the same experience when I was looking to do cabinets. They actually called, but two weeks later.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by atlshaver
Had the same experience when I was looking to do cabinets. They actually called, but two weeks later.
When I called the Premier Garage dealer here in Atlanta (about a year and a half ago), someone answered the phone right away and we scheduled an estimate on the spot.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:42 PM
squid is an unknown quantity at this point
How well do these materials hold up to stains / spills? I work on my bikes in my garage all the time and inevitably some oil / brake fluid / whatever finds its way onto my floor...

Old 06-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by squid
How well do these materials hold up to stains / spills? I work on my bikes in my garage all the time and inevitably some oil / brake fluid / whatever finds its way onto my floor...
Premier Garage advertises its flooring to be "chemical and stain resistant". I don't work on my cars in the garage with the flooring (I have another two car car garage for wrenching), so I haven't had anything but water on the floor.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
I have had Premier for about 2 years and love it.

I did have them put two coats of clear over the color and chips sot it has greater shine.

Wash with a little ammonia and looks like the day they put it in.

I have a Range Rover, Tundra and RS60 on it and no issues at all.

I have heard that paint for to be used in a garage differs from regular concrete paint due to the heat of the tires.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:00 AM
extrabolts is on a distinguished road
I used the rustoleum stuff from home depot. I had read that some people experienced peel, but mine has been down for 2 years without issue. The key is prepping the surface properly. I live in a brand new house and still spent about 3 hours with concrete etcher making sure the surface was very clean.

Clean it, coat it, then do the sprinkles. Then do the clear coat over top. The clear coat makes a huge difference. A couple of friends have the rustoleum without clear coat on top and the spekles peeled up over time. The clear coat seals the flakes and makes it very easy to wipe anything up. I have a car that leaks coolant and oil and I just wipe it up with a paper towel. You have to buy the clear coat online as most stores do not carry it.

In total I spent maybe $250 for two kits of the sealant and two kits of the clear coat and am very happy.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:08 PM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
I used Wolverine Epoxy it is a commercial product that has held up extremely well over the last two years. My only complaint is that sun exposure by the window has slightly faded the covering, and by the garage doors that are open on some days the fading is significant. Has other user experience paint fade with thier products?

Old 07-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by millsjq
Has other user experience paint fade with thier products?
Zero fade so far (1.5 years) with the Premier Garage product.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:22 PM
V8HAHA is on a distinguished road
Zero fade so far (1.5 years) with the Premier Garage product.
Dock, im in Atlanta as well and have been thinking about doing something about my garage floor. Roughly how much does it run to have premier do the floor? Debating on whether I should go with a DIY epoxy or having someone do it.

Thanks!

Old 08-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor
RaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud of
This is our ToughShield Diamond Tread - Offers a pretty cool high gloss look. Super durable, easy to clean and can be installed in just a couple of hours

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Garage flooring?