Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Garage flooring?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 04:01 AM
Lotus907 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
for those that went with tiles, what are the cons? I like the look of tiles and the price doesn't seem bad compared to other options but i'm a bit afraid a durability... Would they crack under a lot of weight?

Pics would also be great!
I've had the Swiss trax for over 2 years now. The making noise issue I never really thought about but if you want to over analyze a thing, you can find issues with EVERYTHING. I do want to add that from what I know about painted finishes, and there could be exceptions (bloody few) but no painted finish is permanent. They will have to be re-done some day. I think many here have already testified to that. I think tiles are as close to permanent as you're going to get.

As for staining or leaving indentations etc, I see no marks left by tires or jacks etc in my floor. The pics below show the small area the car on the lift occupy on the flooring itself. A small pad front and back on each leg. There is no distortion/crushing/collapse and I do not expect any, ever.

I can't believe how long painted finishes take from beginning to cured. If you really have a thing for a painted floor, I'd get the absolute top of the line and don't go cheap on it, and do it when you build yourself a house/garage. The prep in a garage like mine is a serious deal breaker for effort/time. The tiles were under 2 hours per bay. I spent about 3hrs more on the carpet tiles on the lifted area at the back. If done all at once, less than a day.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:42 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
I went with ceramic tile. Love the finish and easy care.

Very Nice but very slippery when wet!!

Old 11-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Lotus907 is on a distinguished road
And.....with a look like that^^^^^^^^ a little compromise (very little) is nothing.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:08 PM
gmblack3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dock (Atlanta)
Zero fade so far (1.5 years) with the Premier Garage product.
Dock, Are you still happy with your floor?

Did you deal with Ken when you had the work done?

Thanks,
Bryan Burnworth

Old 02-15-2011, 03:30 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
subscribed

Old 02-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Former Vendor
RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !
www.racedeck.com

Jorgen the owner is online here he hooks us up!

Old 02-15-2011, 07:11 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
premier and griotsgarage
are the finest quality from what i see
i'll do my garage with one of them !

Old 03-15-2011, 09:01 PM
StPatsDay will become famous soon enoughStPatsDay will become famous soon enough
I do like the look of RaceDeck but live on the East Coast where the weather is quite stormy.
Q: How do you keep the RaceDeck tiles clean after tough weather weeks/months resulting in the tracking in of dirt, small rocks and tire debris? I assume that I MUST have to wash, lift and clean many of the tiles along the path of the tire tracks? Am i wrong?? I mean; you dont just take a mop and clean the top of the RaceDeck tiles and ignore all that debris which has collected in the crevasses between the floor and the tiles??
Thanks for explaining this...

Old 04-18-2011, 05:36 PM
imtheprez is on a distinguished road
How much water will get under the Race Deck tiles after it has been cleaned and is it possible to warp the tiles?

Old 04-19-2011, 12:16 PM
grape is on a distinguished road
I've been in the epoxy install business for a very long time. If anybody says they can complete any job in 3 days, they have no idea what they are talking about. Yes epoxy fades with UV exposure, the only alternative is urethanes, however the odor of urethanes makes home garages a problem. I've sense sold the business, if anybody has questions pm me, i'll try to point you in the right direction. I no longer make a living from this, and see lots of screwed up applications and unhappy customers.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:42 AM
rsa964 has much to be proud ofrsa964 has much to be proud ofrsa964 has much to be proud ofrsa964 has much to be proud ofrsa964 has much to be proud ofrsa964 has much to be proud ofrsa964 has much to be proud ofrsa964 has much to be proud of
Grape - what is the best prep for a floor that has 20yr old paint on it?

Old 04-28-2011, 07:51 PM
bogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nice
Jorgen,

Can you wash vehicles in the garage with the non free flow tiles without causing an issue. Also are the tiles noisy as some have alluded to.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by RaceDeck
Hi
RaceDeck can easily be mopped and cleaned like any other floor, but with greater ease since RaceDeck is non-porous and resists most all house-hold chemicals and petroleum products. The seams between each module are very snug and create hydro-static tension so almost no liquids will seep through, unless you spill a bucket of something, then it can. I would say that it is almost impossible for 'debris' to fall through the seems on our solid top styles. As for moisture, RaceDeck is a patent full-suspension structure that allows moisture and air to circulate and flow, eliminating all moisture and mildew issues.
In my garage I actually have our open grid FreeFlow style flooring where I all of the snow and slop during the winter can melt through the floor and out the door, making for a clean floor every morning when I head out. I also can wash my car in the garage all winter, which is really nice.
As for any spills and dust that may get under the floor, when is the last time you pulled out the carpet in your house to get underneath and clean? My floor has been in place for nearly 10 years and I have never had to remove the floor..

Old 06-26-2011, 10:56 AM
chmura is on a distinguished road
I am thinking about purchasing this kit.

Anyone have experience with this company? Originalcolorchips.com?

http://www.originalcolorchips.com/st...roducts_id=130

Old 06-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
I am in the process of designing my remodel. I am definitely going with Racedeck!

Attached Images  
Old 08-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dock (Atlanta)
It's been a few years since I had the floor installed, but at the time it ran $4.40sq/ft over new concrete.

The floor has a gloss finish, so there are some reflections on the floor in some of the pictures...
wow, sure has gone up, I just got quoted $6.25/sq/ft by Premier today, not sure if their Canadian prices are higher tho...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Garage flooring?