Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Garage flooring?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 04:51 PM
widebody350 is on a distinguished road
Garage flooring?

Hey any ideas for garage flooring? Websites who sell flooring as well as the type of flooring you recommend.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:41 AM
allang is on a distinguished road
Take a look at at Lock-tile, www.locktileusa.com.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Jaded-7 is on a distinguished road
i like racedeck and swisstrax
www.racedeck.com
www.swisstrax.com

Old 04-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Premier garage.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:51 PM
ultradriver1000 is on a distinguished road
I've been thinking about an epoxy. Any reason why you'd go with a vinyl modual floor over something like a stain/paint/coating?

Old 05-18-2010, 07:39 AM
allang is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jaded-7
i like racedeck and swisstrax
www.racedeck.com
www.swisstrax.com
Yes, these are good options, but unlike Lock-tile, these are made from polypropolene (plastic) and give you that clickity-clack sound when you walk or drive over it. Being that Lock-tile is made from vinyl (recycled), it actually absorbs noise.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:54 PM
balefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nice
Originally Posted by ultradriver1000
I've been thinking about an epoxy. Any reason why you'd go with a vinyl modual floor over something like a stain/paint/coating?
one reason to go with modular floor tiles over epoxy paint: paint peel. My garage was sanded down, prepped and the paint still peeled underneath my wife's SUV tires. if you epoxy paint, make sure the prep is obsessive compulsive.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:15 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm looking into the Diamond Garage Floor Mat product. http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...e+floor+mat.do This stuff is pretty heavy duty, it weighs enough that it won't slide around, and it's made in the USA!

To me, the advantage of this product is that it would be quiet (no click-clack as with tiles), easy to clean and if you ever really needed to pull it up to get to the concrete underneath, you could roll it up and move it.

It provides a great look without having to do the OCD prep work as required by the epoxy coatings.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:02 AM
quickgti1.8t is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by balefire
one reason to go with modular floor tiles over epoxy paint: paint peel. My garage was sanded down, prepped and the paint still peeled underneath my wife's SUV tires. if you epoxy paint, make sure the prep is obsessive compulsive.
I used the stuff from lowes and had no peeling, didn't sand just washed it with that acid stuff, waited a few hours and painted it. Been over a year and no chips or peeling. I haul the jack around the floor, drop tools, oil, brake clean and its been good so far.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Lsalazarg is just really niceLsalazarg is just really niceLsalazarg is just really niceLsalazarg is just really nice
Originally Posted by Slik560
I'm looking into the Diamond Garage Floor Mat product. http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...e+floor+mat.do This stuff is pretty heavy duty, it weighs enough that it won't slide around, and it's made in the USA! .
Have anyone here used this product? I did the epoxy floor on our previous house, after 3 years it still looked like new, installed by the garage man in Kirkland... but installation was a pain because the odor was so strong that we actually needed to move to a hotel for two days! so I am evaluating other options now...

Old 05-23-2010, 12:22 AM
TTony will become famous soon enoughTTony will become famous soon enough
Italian ceramic tiles FTW. 24x24 ceramic tile looks much better than the plactic stuff. It looks like it costs more than it does. The plastic stuff is opposite, it costs more than you think it should.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:29 PM
dave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nice
I have a home in Colorado and installed Race Deck. The garage is 3000sq. ft. I love it and one of the many benefits is that it stops almost all of the cold air transfer from the concrete underneath. You're back doesn't hurt and become stiff after you stand or sit on the floor. It cleans easily also.
One thing I would change however...I would stay away from dark colors. They really show the dirt and dust. Go with the light grey or silver.
You can buy it in bulk and save some money. Shop around.
Good luck!
dave29

Old 06-04-2010, 07:26 AM
KK1551 is on a distinguished road
Garage Floor

I have used asphalt & ceramic tiles in the past in my shops both very good. But they are not cheap. Also have used epoxy and it has worked ok. All these are easy to clean. Racedeck and other plastic flooring make to much noise for me and are harder to clean. Good Luck

Old 06-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Premier Garage flooring...

Old 06-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Lsalazarg is just really niceLsalazarg is just really niceLsalazarg is just really niceLsalazarg is just really nice
Thanks Dock, I gave the guys at Premier flooring a call... How long have you had your new flooring? Did you go with premier or epoxy finish?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Garage flooring?