Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Garage flooring?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally Posted by V8HAHA
Roughly how much does it run to have premier do the floor?
It's been a few years since I had the floor installed, but at the time it ran $4.40sq/ft over new concrete.

The floor has a gloss finish, so there are some reflections on the floor in some of the pictures...

Old 09-03-2010, 05:19 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Doc,

If it was a work garage do you think the gloss finish would be too slippery when wet?

TIA.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally Posted by mto
If it was a work garage do you think the gloss finish would be too slippery when wet?

TIA.
Yes, the gloss floor is a touch slippery when wet. I normally pull my cars into the garage to dry them after washing, and they obviously bring in water after driving in the rain. I can safely walk on the wet floors as long as I remember the floor will not tolerate "sharp cuts" or having my weight too far off of "over my feet".

For the percentage of the time the floor is wet (a low percentage), it's worth the small effort of being careful with my foot work because the floor is really great looking.

Last edited by Dock (Atlanta); 09-03-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:04 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quickgti1.8t
I used the stuff from lowes and had no peeling, didn't sand just washed it with that acid stuff, waited a few hours and painted it. Been over a year and no chips or peeling. I haul the jack around the floor, drop tools, oil, brake clean and its been good so far.
Been there done that... TWICE!!! Always peels under tires!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Garage Guy is on a distinguished road
I've used/installed epoxies, polyurea, polyaspartics, urethanes, mats, Kiwi-tile, Swiss-trac, and RaceDeck.

I have 9 year old RaceDeck in my garage. Very happy with it.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:58 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
for those that went with tiles, what are the cons? I like the look of tiles and the price doesn't seem bad compared to other options but i'm a bit afraid a durability... Would they crack under a lot of weight?

Pics would also be great!

Old 10-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Bonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Slik560
I'm looking into the Diamond Garage Floor Mat product. http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...e+floor+mat.do This stuff is pretty heavy duty, it weighs enough that it won't slide around, and it's made in the USA!

To me, the advantage of this product is that it would be quiet (no click-clack as with tiles), easy to clean and if you ever really needed to pull it up to get to the concrete underneath, you could roll it up and move it.

It provides a great look without having to do the OCD prep work as required by the epoxy coatings.
This looks good since I live in an apartment. I could put it down and then take it up when I move. I would like to black/red to match my torch red/black vette but, I can do just black flooring with a bright red car on it!

Old 10-28-2010, 10:52 AM
rs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura about
Can anybody chime in on the comparison of tile vs epoxy when it comes to using go-jack tire lifts. My concern is cracking, leaving indentations in the tile from the small wheels also leaving permanent marks on an epoxy floor.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:43 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
tile

I went with ceramic tile. Love the finish and easy care.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:15 PM
///M*Hershey will become famous soon enough///M*Hershey will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
I went with ceramic tile. Love the finish and easy care.

Wow. Nice garage. I think I'll be doing tile in my next home/garage!

Old 10-29-2010, 03:22 PM
rs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura about
i was actually referring to the locktile / racedeck type of tile flooring vs epoxy and the use of the go-jack tire lifts with the small wheels leaving permanent grooves in the tiles

Old 10-30-2010, 02:07 PM
nacelle is on a distinguished road
I've had Porcelain Tiles down for two years now...PERFECT!

Old 10-31-2010, 01:34 PM
allang is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rs200evo
i was actually referring to the locktile / racedeck type of tile flooring vs epoxy and the use of the go-jack tire lifts with the small wheels leaving permanent grooves in the tiles
Locktile happens to be a great product, extremely durable as well as being dense (absorbs sound and impact) compared to plastic tiles like Race Deck. Race Deck is a nice product but I personally like the finished look that the PVC Tiles of Locktile provide.

At the end of the day Locktile looks a little higher end compared to the Race Deck product (my personal opinion).

Old 11-03-2010, 11:35 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
When I had my epoxy floor installed it was a two week process. They spent three days preparing the concrete. As you can see in a few of the pictures, they even put epoxy on the wall similar to a back splash. I paid $3,800 for the three car garage. The floor looks just a good today as it did 5 years ago when I had it done.

Prep:
3 days of grinding and smoothing concrete.

Install:
Two days of painting the floor with some sealer.
Two days to install chips and glue.
one day to install finish top coat to give it its shine.

Drying process:
6 days of drying without any cars or walking on the surface.

Attached Images    
Old 11-03-2010, 04:46 PM
thanks for the info Robertp, all the epoxy installers that I have spoken to have said that it would only take a max of 3 days for the total job, not your 14, quite a huge difference. so much for professionalism

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Garage flooring?