GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Radar in a GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 01:49 PM
cmcjo is on a distinguished road
Radar in a GT

Hello all:

I believe I am in need of a radar detector with laser.

What do you guys recommend for the GT? Since most radar around here is laser, I will want the difussors installed in the front and rear as well

I have the stealth K40 with laser in another car, but it falses constantly.

I was going to ask Catena in Edison if they do it but I want to make sure that is the right people to ask...

Suggestions for a really good NJ installer?

Old 01-14-2008, 04:56 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
get a blinder system.they sell only laser jammers.k40 tecnology out dated.get a 4 head set up with 3 jamers, put two in the front and one in the rear.the extra one keep for a spare . than get the k40 built in rader front and rear,for built in.or get the new psssport or v1.great installer in nj is protosport in pompton plains off of rt 23.ask for paul.don't bring your car for a custom install to a highway shop. go to a porsche shop thease people know porsches eat and sleep

Old 01-14-2008, 05:05 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
PM Ron..Vipertestarossa... I bet he'd know.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Car_Collector will become famous soon enough
Laser interceptor, you'll have no regrets.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:27 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Prefer Laser Interceptor: here are a few videos for you to watch and then you decide, Good Luck on you decision. Best regards, Kenny

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRHDxhEEEko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rGKuNoHEWM

Old 01-14-2008, 05:38 PM
MJS NYC is on a distinguished road
Yes I would agree with the newly released Laser Interceptor if you want to have the latest and greatest. It has been extensively tested and i've read mostly good things from people who have it - the negative comments are that it is sensitive to direct sunlight and that some (inexperienced) people have voltage requirement issues upon installation. Nevertheless, it is a new product - i would expect there to be several software updates before it is "solid".

I personally have the LPP (laser park pro) installed for about 9 months, and am very pleased with its performance. It has alerted and saved me 3 times so far...

Old 01-14-2008, 05:43 PM
MJS NYC is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cmcjo
Suggestions for a really good NJ installer?
Being from NJ as well i've never found someone that i'm comfortable with in or around bergen county. If you really want a grade-a installation give Bobby Singh a call at Manhattan Motorsports. I am very satisfied with my stealth LPP installation and Valentine-1 mirror etching, and have also sent 3-4 friends over to his shop to perform the same.

His # is 212-585-1100

I will take photos for you later this evening if you like.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Banned
Hovik is on a distinguished road
Joe definitely talk to Ron. He was at the run yesterday driving the white LP640.
Here's his shop info
http://www.foresthillexoticperformance.com/home.htm

Old 01-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by stuart997gt3
get a blinder system.they sell only laser jammers.k40 tecnology out dated.get a 4 head set up with 3 jamers, put two in the front and one in the rear.the extra one keep for a spare . than get the k40 built in rader front and rear,for built in.or get the new psssport or v1.great installer in nj is protosport in pompton plains off of rt 23.ask for paul.don't bring your car for a custom install to a highway shop. go to a porsche shop thease people know porsches eat and sleep

THANKS!
I live 5 minutes from Pompton plains. Do they have a website? I cant find it on google.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Hovik
Joe definitely talk to Ron. He was at the run yesterday driving the white LP640.
Here's his shop info
http://www.foresthillexoticperformance.com/home.htm
Yes really nice guy. I'll call him. Thanks

Old 01-15-2008, 11:28 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Keep in mind that your car might have to be taken apart to install those laser/radar units. A baseball player for the Mariners here in Seattle had the SRX installed in his CGT but the dealership had to literally take it apart to do just that. All those CF pieces makes for a very difficult install. Make sure you find someone who actually knows what they're doing!

Old 01-15-2008, 11:41 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Call Ron for sure.. BTW Joe I can't wait to see your Carrera GT , btw im "996TTurbo" from Ferrari Chat

Stuart, where have you been man? Sign up for VIR track event in March

Old 01-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Kuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by atomic80
Keep in mind that your car might have to be taken apart to install those laser/radar units. A baseball player for the Mariners here in Seattle had the SRX installed in his CGT but the dealership had to literally take it apart to do just that. All those CF pieces makes for a very difficult install. Make sure you find someone who actually knows what they're doing!
I was told the same thing by Benchmark. The "Authorized" dealer has to dismantle the car and then the installers do their thing. Perhaps a V1 would be more fitting?

Old 01-15-2008, 11:49 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Is there a wireless laser diffuser system available? I seem to recall the K40 being wireless but I'm not sure how good it is.

BTW, it was Benchmark that did the SRX installation that I was talking about. They did a great job!

Old 01-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Kuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by atomic80
BTW, it was Benchmark that did the SRX installation that I was talking about. They did a great job!
Yes, they always do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Radar in a GT