GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Posers all around

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 09:30 PM
Banned
Tommy Vercetti is an unknown quantity at this point
Posers all around

Was at Braman a few days ago just looking around and noticed alot of GT3's on the preowned lot as well as a few Turbo "S" models. I was like wtf? so I asked the sales hole what the deal was, he said a lot of owners put the fake badging on to look like the real thing and he said it is not uncommom for new rides as well, they are asked to put badges on the cars before delivery to the new owner. I could not believe it till I saw it. The "Turbo S" was the best, it was attached to a 03 C4S. Almost all of the GT3 badges were on older 996TT, I thought the "M" badge was the most copied but guess not. I dont get it, does someone in a 996TT really need to add a fake "S" to it, is their ego in that bad of shape cuz they have a simple old TT.

Old 06-19-2004, 09:59 PM
Carrera is on a distinguished road
I know what you mean, it's totally stupid...
Besides, a GT3 is at the top of the Carrera line (NA/small body) and a GT2 is at the top of the turbo line (turbo/wide body). So if you're gonna put a different badge on a TT, at least do it right and put a GT2 badge on it, along with a GT2 wing, and front bumper...

Old 06-19-2004, 10:13 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
in the "old" days, people used to put fake tv and cell antennaes on their Caddy's to keep up with the Joneses... nothing new under the sun!!

Old 06-19-2004, 11:00 PM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
What jokers, there is this guy 2 blocks away from me that has a Carrera with a turbo front bumper, Carrera aerokit sideskirts and Tail and on his decklid he has a TURBO badge, Im waiting for the day to ask him how he likes his Turbo.

Old 06-19-2004, 11:06 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
I find the best thing to do is talk to the owner and call him on it. A little embarassment goes a long way.

Old 06-20-2004, 01:31 AM
Don Relentless will become famous soon enough
is their ego in that bad of shape cuz they have a simple old TT.

that's funny, cause it sounds like there's too much ego in that comment. who cares what they do. i got a Fiero with a ferrari 348 conversion kit, and i front like it's the real thing. get's me all the girls....

Old 06-20-2004, 02:54 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Yea I just came home from picking my car up at Braman (15K service), and saw all those "poser cars". Did you see the 2002 Black GT2 there (real)?? Its an 02 with 94 miles...what do you think its worth?? I say 140K, they are asking 179K . My dad is looking to get into a GT2 right now... They also have a yellow and 04 silver one there...
Evan

Old 06-20-2004, 03:29 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
maybe this explains braman's success with anally penetrating so deeply those who purchase their early high demand cars from them.

Old 06-20-2004, 03:38 AM
Banned
Tommy Vercetti is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by AMG ETR
Yea I just came home from picking my car up at Braman (15K service), and saw all those "poser cars". Did you see the 2002 Black GT2 there (real)?? Its an 02 with 94 miles...what do you think its worth?? I say 140K, they are asking 179K . My dad is looking to get into a GT2 right now... They also have a yellow and 04 silver one there...
Evan
Hi Evan, yes I looked at the yellow and silver Gt2's , they are kinda angled and backed in , on the service drive way? I saw the yellow one still sitting there today at lunch. I had to go to BMW to get a new H1 driving light so I always use the trip down there to go drool over the porsches. I saw my first Bently GT today sitting in RR showroom. I dont know if its for sale though cuz it has a regular steet tag on it.
if it was me I would lean towards the yellow GT2, very nice and I think it had the CF side mirrors and CF spoiler on it. Very trick looking IMO. Another thing that is a cheap thrill is speeding down the back service road and turning into the IHOP parking lot and then looking over to your left. There sits row after row of every Porsche invented , some still in the delivery wrap, very cool sight, got a few Audi's thrown in for good measure. I saw 5 new A8's all lined up against the back fence, nice. Anyway it s a nice cheap thrill.

Old 06-20-2004, 05:29 AM
West Palm is on a distinguished road
Evan,

The Black GT-2 is actually untitled and brand new....fyi

Bucky

Old 06-20-2004, 07:05 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of

Old 06-20-2004, 07:35 AM
mt3ch is on a distinguished road
Tommy:You shoudl have gone in the back, my car was there almost all day today . Its the only one loud enough to blow yoru ear drums Its the silver GT2 with the carbon exterior package (212K Sticker).

Thanks Bucky, they weren't sure if it had been titled or not and Shannon was busy and could not talk to my dad.... My dad left his number, maybe he will call...The car still isn't worth 180K, I would think 140-150K at best (sorry man, buts da truth ). I will call ya Monday...thanks for all your help!!
Evan-AKA AMG ETR (Friends Comp)

Old 06-20-2004, 08:08 AM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Sloth

Old 06-21-2004, 08:39 AM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
I was at Braman Saturday and saw the yellow GT2. That car looked incredible. I also saw a Cobalt TT with a Turbo S badge on the front line. Sales people there are so rude. I would never buy a car from them.

Eric

Old 06-21-2004, 09:52 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by CAPTLST
I was at Braman Saturday and saw the yellow GT2. That car looked incredible. I also saw a Cobalt TT with a Turbo S badge on the front line. Sales people there are so rude. I would never buy a car from them.

Eric
Geez...everyone was there Sat., what time???? I was there from 1 till 3!!! My dad likes the black GT2 there, but the 180K they are asking is really a joke... Titled or not the car is 2 (almost 3) years old....
O well, like I have been saying, sales are impossable there, but service and parts are hard to beat!!
Evan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Posers all around