GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

REAL WORLD 996 GT3 vs GT-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 04:47 PM
ihatepotholes will become famous soon enoughihatepotholes will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Reading comprehension might help you. I dunno. .

And for the record, the ACR, isn't demolishing anyone.
thanks for the correction, yea i guess reading compreshension might help me cause i had a typo

ACR won every race besides the drag racing, thats not demolishing? uh huh... a special ed class might help you

Old 05-06-2008, 04:48 PM
ihatepotholes will become famous soon enoughihatepotholes will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rocman
Headers, filters, programming, and I think exhaust. They had to remove the Pilot Cups and run PS2's instead. Too much advantage with the pilot cups.
thanks for the information

Old 05-06-2008, 05:43 PM
rocman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Um well, yeah it would be an advantage if everyone else was not allowed to run Rcomps and the Viper was.

I'd like to know about all these other mods as well. TC, Electric rear diff, etc.

Hennessey is known to send rocket launchers to knife fights.
The only reason I brought it up is that the ACR comes stock with the cups.

As far as I know, the ACR does NOT have any of the electronic nannies that people are saying it has.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:45 PM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
Originally Posted by ihatepotholes
wow... that ARC viper is demolishing everyone... can anybody confirm what kinda modifications does this monster have?
2008 Venom 650R Upgrade off Hennesseys website

1 7/8 inch Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers
Full 3 inch Stainless Steel Exhaust System
High Flow Catalytic Converters
K&N Airfilter Element

Old 05-06-2008, 05:53 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rocman
The only reason I brought it up is that the ACR comes stock with the cups.

As far as I know, the ACR does NOT have any of the electronic nannies that people are saying it has.

Yeah I know, it had to downgrade, but such are the rules of the competition, if the cars were required to run showroom stock then that would have an effect as well.

I didnt think it would have those either, I dont know who originally posted that, but if it was a fellow driver, we have no reason not to beleive them.

JH himself says the Viper is 678 hp, so I think it's more than a 650 R.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:55 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
thanks for the correction, yea i guess reading compreshension might help me cause i had a typo

ACR won every race besides the drag racing, thats not demolishing? uh huh... a special ed class might help you
I met you there!

Yeah, you also fail to spell comprehension correctly! DOH!!

So the Viper is 'demolishing', but it was 3rd yesterday?

Old 05-06-2008, 05:58 PM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
Yeah I know, it had to downgrade, but such are the rules of the competition, if the cars were required to run showroom stock then that would have an effect as well.

I didnt think it would have those either, I dont know who originally posted that, but if it was a fellow driver, we have no reason not to beleive them.

JH himself says the Viper is 678 hp, so I think it's more than a 650 R.
650 package = 678 hp

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...ctionReq=Where

Old 05-06-2008, 06:17 PM
ssgt3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kingleh
i still think the GTR is faster......

but u guys really need to see this black GT3.. and see its speed... ive never seen street gt3 set up so well and drivin this good... its a fast car.... noone can really beat it bad cept the viper.... and the gt3 is giving Davia a run now....

and the gt3 ran a 12.5 at 114 with a pretty bad launch... he was going for another round when we were leaving....

so.. you guys need to really realize that the 996 gt3 is a beast.... and gettin driving really well... and is not even close to running the same times a stock 996 gt3 would.. its much faster....

and i will say it again.. the GTR is not gettin drivin like the GT3.... not even close... also.. yes Tony is a good driver and has done alot of onelaps.... but last year.. and most years in the past.. Tony didnt even drive the tracks... TC Kline drove pretty much all of them last year...
Leh, as far as I can tell from his home forum Peter's car is stock except for Motons and muffler bypasses. Did you get a chance to talk to them last night at dinner?

12.5 a 114 is about right for a GT3 with bypasses. I've seen 12.4 at 112-113 from dead stock ones in the magazines when they were new.

Ian is a spectacular autocrosser - he won Super Stock last year against a very strong field at the SCCA Solo Nationals. He also won SCCA's Driver of the Year. I suspect most of the performance of that car is from the driver. That said, Tony Swan is very experienced and no slouch either.

And Leh, congrats on a incredible performance so far with what sounds like a wounded car!

edit: Just read your blog and I see I'm telling you some things you already know about Ian......but I'm still wondering if the car has anything other mods.

Last edited by ssgt3; 05-06-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:17 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
GT-R 12.8 @ 112

Ouch, very ouch.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:18 PM
I met you there!

it was 3rd in drag racing, it has won 7 out of 7 road races

lol looks like you'll ride the short bus to class tomorrow

Old 05-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by MTGTS

Oh ok.

I never heard of a tuner claiming less hp than the car actually makes. I stand corrected.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:20 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
GT-R 12.8 @ 112

Ouch, very ouch.
IIRC that is quite a bit slower than a Carrera S

Old 05-06-2008, 06:20 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
it was 3rd in drag racing, it has won 7 out of 7 road races

lol looks like you'll ride the short bus before me
Will you sit by me!?

1 1 Porsche 996 Twin Turbo SSGT1 BB 2065
Mark DaVia, Drew Wikstrom
2 5 Porsche Cayman GTR SSGT1 SB 2000
Donald Barnes, Leh Keen
3 2 Dodge Hennessey Viper SSGT1 BB 1955
Chris Winkler, Rob Jones
4 25 Chevrolet Z06 Corvette SSGT1 BB 1940
Dan Corcoran, Kyle Corcoran
5 22 Porsche GT3 SSGT1 BB 1920
Peter Lier, Ian Stewart

Old 05-06-2008, 06:23 PM
I met you there!

The results are a little bit skewed because the only cars that have a chance of keeping up with the ACR are Marks 996 TT, the Ford GT and one of the Mongooses (the one without the faster driver).

Marks car is better sorted but he has to keep turning the car on and off during runs, so the gap looks bigger than it should though it's still very possible that the Viper would have won all the road course events anyways.

But it wouldnt be a demolishment.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Will you sit by me!?

1 1 Porsche 996 Twin Turbo SSGT1 BB 2065
Mark DaVia, Drew Wikstrom
2 5 Porsche Cayman GTR SSGT1 SB 2000
Donald Barnes, Leh Keen
3 2 Dodge Hennessey Viper SSGT1 BB 1955
Chris Winkler, Rob Jones
4 25 Chevrolet Z06 Corvette SSGT1 BB 1940
Dan Corcoran, Kyle Corcoran
5 22 Porsche GT3 SSGT1 BB 1920
Peter Lier, Ian Stewart
hey if i was wrong, i'll sit by you, after all i don't want you to be too lonely

which race was that?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: REAL WORLD 996 GT3 vs GT-R