GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

REAL WORLD 996 GT3 vs GT-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 06:15 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
To he who called BS on the deer story.......dinner is served

Attached Images  
Old 05-09-2008, 06:28 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Can anyone explain why the GTR finished in the ~40th spots at VIR trial #1 & 2 behind the HHRs, the Mustang, the Odyssey, Jetta, GTI and Neon? Doesn't add up.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:48 AM
N Ireland D can only hope to improve
Some people on this forum just can't admit or don't want to admit that the Nissan GTR is a brilliant car, as soon as someone says it is they're slagged or else somebody comes up with a stupid reason for why. Kingleh, who from reading this thread seems to like porsches and all good cars has seen a gtr go in real life and says its fantastic but still NO NO its a datsun or a cheap nissan, or even better theres a nissan tech man with every gtr sold its just very amusing to read but really some people need TO WISE UP!!!

Old 05-09-2008, 07:21 AM
BOXER12 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by N Ireland D
Some people on this forum just can't admit or don't want to admit that the Nissan GTR is a brilliant car, as soon as someone says it is they're slagged or else somebody comes up with a stupid reason for why. Kingleh, who from reading this thread seems to like porsches and all good cars has seen a gtr go in real life and says its fantastic but still NO NO its a datsun or a cheap nissan, or even better theres a nissan tech man with every gtr sold its just very amusing to read but really some people need TO WISE UP!!!
I have been dissin the gizmo cars, but let me say it, the GTR and the GT3 are both great cars. But it cannot be denied, you had better have a great mechanic or high level tech skills if you plan to track the cars. For most guys, any little thing that goes wrong will put the car back on the paddock for the weekend, and that isn't how I define a great car. The GT3 has proven its reliability. The GTR has shown is lack of reliability in this race, to some degree. On the subject of everyday track reliability, the 996TT had to have a 'new computer' (prob with a new program), and if it weren't for the poor showing of the ACR in the wet skidpad (due to unhooking the rear linkup), the ACR would be a few hundred points ahead of everyone right now. Personally, I am a Ferrari fan, but I don't own a 360C or 430C because of the tech side of things. You need a $40,000 computer to tune the car, and it needs a tune for every change in weather and every event, at trackside. So you really need a team to handle the job. Whether the GTR will need this kind of track support or not is yet to be seen. In the OLA, its a 'no support' event, kind of like the avg guy at a track event on the weekend, which is why I watch it. As for the GTR, I have never driven one (and don't care if I ever do), but it has been report that an Engineer just happened to be needed, and just happened to show up about a day after people were talking that Nissan techs were supporting the event. That's just an observation made by many, which doesn't reflect well on the car. Just my 2c.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:09 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kingleh
right... and the nissan GTR has been around for over 40 years there champ....

with countless race wins...

when will people just not post.. when they dont know anything.. or dont do research....

and this car is not much dif then the last one... and you say WORLDS?

2 door
turbo
6 cylinder
AWD
mostly rwd with electronic center dif
carbon rear undertray
flat bottom front
front engine
based on a coupe platform
tuned at Nurburgring
the list could go on...

the only real big dif is the transmission.. other then that.. its essentially the exact same car.. but 10 year later design using technology to improve itself...

i will say it again tho.. u guys are sticking your foot in your mouth.. just wait till you drive it...

it really is that good..

I am sure it is good. I'm just saying it is too early to proclaim a new "king", as many have. I predict that when Porsche does finally release the new cars with DFI and DSG, the GT-R hype will die down significantly. I know the car has been around for 40 years and has a record. Still too early to proclaim a new king. I consider the new gear box a significant difference. It has much to do with the new car's driving characteristics.

Last edited by USCCayman; 05-09-2008 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
IRT to stright-line accleration, is isn't very quick from a roll. Based off the MT data, the GT-R's 60-130 time is only 10.9. Here's how it compares to other cars.

All cars listed are completely stock except than the chipped 996TT::

5.6 - Bugatti Veyron
6.1 - Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
6.9 - Mosler MT900S
7.0 - Ferrari Enzo
7.3 - Porsche Carrera GT
7.8 - Lamborghini LP640
7.8 - Z06 Corvette
8.9 - Mercedes SLR McLaren
9.4 - Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0
9.5 - Porsche 997TT
9.5 - Ferrari F430
9.6 - Ferrari F50
10.2 - 996TT with ECU flash
10.9 - Lamborghini Murcielago
10.9 - Nissan GT-R
11.7 - Ferrari Challenge Stradale
12.1 - Lamborghini Gallardo

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 05-09-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:51 AM
ihatepotholes will become famous soon enoughihatepotholes will become famous soon enough
apparently that same exact GTR thats in the one lap america is a production model...

Old 05-09-2008, 01:05 PM
rafiki is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
IRT to stright-line accleration, is isn;lt very qucik from a roll. Based off the MT data, the GT-R's 60-130 time is only 10.9. Here's how it compares to other cars.

All cars listed are completely stock except than the chipped 996TT::

5.6 - Bugatti Veyron
6.1 - Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
6.9 - Mosler MT900S
7.0 - Ferrari Enzo
7.3 - Porsche Carrera GT
7.8 - Lamborghini LP640
7.8 - Z06 Corvette
8.9 - Mercedes SLR McLaren
9.4 - Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0
9.5 - Porsche 997TT
9.5 - Ferrari F430
9.6 - Ferrari F50
10.2 - 996TT with ECU flash
10.9 - Lamborghini Murcielago
10.9 - Nissan GT-R
11.7 - Ferrari Challenge Stradale
12.1 - Lamborghini Gallardo

Interesting.

Is there a big difference between Tip and man times for modded 996tt?

Old 05-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rafiki
Interesting.

Is there a big difference between Tip and man times for modded 996tt?
I don't have any data for a TIP 996TT. I'd venture to say they will be very close.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:45 PM
kingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of light
The acr spun out in the vir event.. Which was also done on a wet track for the first couple run groups....

The owner of the gt3 drove it at vir also

Old 05-09-2008, 01:52 PM
kingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of light
The acr spun out in the vir event.. Which was also done on a wet track for the first couple run groups....

The owner of the gt3 drove it at vir also

Old 05-09-2008, 07:31 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Leh what do you think the act can do with r comps at vir on a nice warm clear day??? I'm curious, car is fantastic ! Come down to vir may 23-25 you can co drive my car with me hah, then coach me

Old 05-09-2008, 07:58 PM
forhamilton is on a distinguished road
Moderators

This thread has broken so many rules. Please close it.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Leh what do you think the act can do with r comps at vir on a nice warm clear day??? I'm curious, car is fantastic ! Come down to vir may 23-25 you can co drive my car with me hah, then coach me

hmmm..... 59... 58.... maby even faster then that....

VIR in your car sounds like a blast.... I totally be on that like a spider monkey..... but i have Limerock ROLEX race the same weekend...

Old 05-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by forhamilton
Moderators

This thread has broken so many rules. Please close it.

stay on topic ppleeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzz....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: REAL WORLD 996 GT3 vs GT-R