GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

REAL WORLD 996 GT3 vs GT-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 02:08 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !

OMG, more fanboys!

At least take the time to browse and learn about different Porsche models and try and gain some knowledge of the community before you post.

#1 That's a 997 GT3

#2 It's standard with 415 hp (crank) whereas the 996 GT3 is 385

#3 It has racing headers, software, race exhaust.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:16 PM
ihatepotholes will become famous soon enoughihatepotholes will become famous soon enough
this thread is very entertaining

Old 05-05-2008, 02:28 PM
kingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of light
U know nothing.. I can't even really argue with u.. I'm out here bustin my *** and your sittin in your house.. I just can't take you serious... I meen. U did post that u watched a vid of me at MAM and that I had been to TWS before.. Neither are true..

Also.. The gt3 was 10mph faster then us on the strate at TWS today....

123 to 133

Originally Posted by heavychrevy
Like I told you before, you can intimidate a lot of people with that talk, I'm not one of them. I may do one lap next year, but we have a track right here in Atlanta where both you and I reside, doesnt have to wait till next year.

You're getting your **** handed to you by a GT3 with less power and likely more weight, and similar suspensions. Could it be you esteem the GT3 so highly because you dont want to admit that he's whooping your tail in a car you should be more competitive with? I know it's not your car, and you dont have seat time in it comparatively, but just keep that in mind.

Need I refer to your fanboy rants from long ago when we had this conversation.

And for you information, Hank, the average PCA guy can run within a second of PCA b stock modded 996 GT3's club records in a 997 GT3 bone stock on a lesser tire, so he's not all that average if you think the 996 GT3's with coilovers are so much faster, that would mean that the b stock cars should be miles ahead no?

You're going to have to make up your mind. Cause you arent even making sense to yourself.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:33 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Deity
Sorry. I was just a little confused. You said only a 5bhp gain was possible but this suggested a 30rwhp gain on a model that is already tuned nearer the limit. Again I apologise profusely.

It's cool, we are a little on edge with the recnt influx of new member low count posters especially since they all seem to end up in the GT-R threads. I was a little harsh, but you should really take a look around, the forum has a lot more to offer than the GT-R

FWIW, the difference in this case would be that none of us knows if the 996 GT3 has programming, which with a catback and filter only would still not produce much more power. It takes a lot to get power out of the 996 GT3's. And the GT3's in general. And with the car that Ian is driving competiting in super stock, he'd be waisting money to buy stuff he cant use in competition (headers, ecu, cat delete or change in cats etc). He has about all you can have to be in SUPER STOCK. He saved anywhere from 2-60 lbs with the seats, being as GT3 seats are porsche factory, and now that I think about it, if those are the seats Leh was reffering too, then big deal. There is less than 30lbs difference in Porsche sport seats and GT3 seats. Whoop tee do. And if he has any safety equipement he could add that back in a heartbeat. How do I know, because I put similar weight aftermarket seats in my car and a 35 lbs roll bar and gained 10 lbs.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:39 PM
kingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Deity
10mph faster than a 420hp Cayman!? What's the story there? Is the GT3 stripped bare or is it running serious hp?
The car is 420hp with 100 oct and a hot tune... We are running 93 and have a conservatice pumpgas tune... Donnie also thinks we are down on power..... I don't know the car that well to know...

Old 05-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Sorry I'm on my pearl.. We blew out alll the fuses for the cig lighters so no net for laptop....

We think we are in the 330 to 335 wheel hp area....

Old 05-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Well he bought motons for it... Sooooo... He is putting money into it....

It also has cupcar clutch and flywheel.... Found that out today...

Originally Posted by heavychevy

FWIW, the difference in this case would be that none of us knows if the 996 GT3 has programming, which with a catback and filter only would still not produce much more power. It takes a lot to get power out of the 996 GT3's. And the GT3's in general. And with the car that Ian is driving competiting in super stock, he'd be waisting money to buy stuff he cant use in competition (headers, ecu, cat delete or change in cats etc). He has about all you can have to be in SUPER STOCK. He saved anywhere from 2-60 lbs with the seats, being as GT3 seats are porsche factory, and now that I think about it, if those are the seats Leh was reffering too, then big deal. There is less than 30lbs difference in Porsche sport seats and GT3 seats. Whoop tee do. And if he has any safety equipement he could add that back in a heartbeat. How do I know, because I put similar weight aftermarket seats in my car and a 35 lbs roll bar and gained 10 lbs.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:54 PM
There is no bars in the car..

Not even a rollbar..

His seat is kinda like a cup car seat...

I will be more then happy to tell u bout the car and what it has.. U don't even hafta guess and make posts....

We are eating dinner with them tonight. Maby I can find out more stuff...

Old 05-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by kingleh
U know nothing.. I can't even really argue with u.. I'm out here bustin my *** and your sittin in your house.. I just can't take you serious... I meen. U did post that u watched a vid of me at MAM and that I had been to TWS before.. Neither are true..

Also.. The gt3 was 10mph faster then us on the strate at TWS today....

123 to 133

Ok man, I know nothing.

Only that a cayman S comes standard with less weight (less than 3k). And that it has the same type recaro seats so should still weigh less ( - driver weights which I bet you are heavier by a bit). And at what YOU YOURSELF claimed at 415-420 hp there is no way it should be 10 mph faster, given no mistakes and relatively similar exit speeds from previous corner.

We know for a fact that even if Ian's car had a lot of power mods, which it doesnt, it still wouldnt be at 420 hp. So maybe the car you're driving doesnt make as much power as you think, but I doubt that X51 conversion adds that much weight to bog the car down.

You sure it's not the base GTR from farnbacher with 380 because that makes more sense. You do the math.

You kept saying you were going to TX2K8 so I thought you did, I never really checked the results. I got the lap from your blog and it was actually MMP, my bad.

I'm not rushing to judgement here, but I'm sorry I'll take a very good driver that's owned both cars and driven them a lot at the same track's opinion over yours all day. Hank can drive his butt off, so unless you are prepared to go run Road Atlanta in a lot less than 1:35 in a stock GT3, and then beat that by running faster in a lightly modded 996 GT3, then I'll stick with what he and almost everyone else has to say. A lightly modded 996 GT3 is not faster than a stock 997 GT3. In fact neither is a pretty heavily modded one........

Old 05-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Nissan is full of ****

This thread proves that Nissan used souped-up race cars on the Nurburgring to get their bull**** times. GTR as fast as Porsche Carrera GT?! HAHAHAHHAHA you fanboys are !!! Honestly... thank you for the laugh. A car than runs Road America in around 2.6 min. will be nowhere near what Nissan claims stock GTR's run on the ring. If you believed that a 500hp car weighing 3,800lbs could lap the ring in 7:29, you pretty much know nothing about racing period and these times prove beyond reasonable doubt that Nissan is full of crap. Truly pathetic how Nissan is deceiving their customers by using non-stock cars on the ring and reporting the times as "official". Let's see a real independent Nurburgrind test of a stock 480hp GTR!

Old 05-05-2008, 03:21 PM
I was told the cayman gtr was 420... Which farnbacher DID make on the dyno.... I was then told yesterday that THAT was on racegas and a hot tune.. Also. That's a dif car then the one I'm drivin now...

I'm also tellin u that we have some power issues...

I just know what's going on rite infront of my face... (not the comp screen)...

Ok man, I know nothing.

Only that a cayman S comes standard with less weight (less than 3k). And that it has the same type recaro seats so should still weigh less ( - driver weights which I bet you are heavier by a bit). And at what YOU YOURSELF claimed at 415-420 hp there is no way it should be 10 mph faster, given no mistakes and relatively similar exit speeds from previous corner.

We know for a fact that even if Ian's car had a lot of power mods, which it doesnt, it still wouldnt be at 420 hp. So maybe the car you're driving doesnt make as much power as you think, but I doubt that X51 conversion adds that much weight to bog the car down.

You sure it's not the base GTR from farnbacher with 380 because that makes more sense. You do the math.

You kept saying you were going to TX2K8 so I thought you did, I never really checked the results. I got the lap from your blog and it was actually MMP, my bad.

I'm not rushing to judgement here, but I'm sorry I'll take a very good driver that's owned both cars and driven them a lot at the same track's opinion over yours all day. Hank can drive his butt off, so unless you are prepared to go run Road Atlanta in a lot less than 1:35 in a stock GT3, and then beat that by running faster in a lightly modded 996 GT3, then I'll stick with what he and almost everyone else has to say. A lightly modded 996 GT3 is not faster than a stock 997 GT3. In fact neither is a pretty heavily modded one........

Old 05-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Oh yeah, and then go and run even faster than both in a stock GT-R.

By my calculations this puts you way down in the 1:31's, maybe 1:32's.

You do that, I'll shutup and be #1 GT-R fanboy.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by kingleh
I was told the cayman gtr was 420... Which farnbacher DID make on the dyno.... I was then told yesterday that THAT was on racegas and a hot tune.. Also. That's a dif car then the one I'm drivin now...

I'm also tellin u that we have some power issues...

I just know what's going on rite infront of my face... (not the comp screen)...

Well then that makes sense and would be impossible for someone to know. I've kept up with every post you've made, and when you say the cayman is making 420 hp (evolutionm), then that's all I have to beleive. Until now. I dont question it being down on power, in fact there is no other option considering those trap speeds on the straights.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:37 PM
We used the chicane at road america

It was first time driver drove car on track

First time driver drove that track that day.

Only got 5 laps total.

Went from standing start..

Originally Posted by Tuskir
This thread proves that Nissan used souped-up race cars on the Nurburgring to get their bull**** times. GTR as fast as Porsche Carrera GT?! HAHAHAHHAHA you fanboys are !!! Honestly... thank you for the laugh. A car than runs Road America in around 2.6 min. will be nowhere near what Nissan claims stock GTR's run on the ring. If you believed that a 500hp car weighing 3,800lbs could lap the ring in 7:29, you pretty much know nothing about racing period and these times prove beyond reasonable doubt that Nissan is full of crap. Truly pathetic how Nissan is deceiving their customers by using non-stock cars on the ring and reporting the times as "official". Let's see a real independent Nurburgrind test of a stock 480hp GTR!

Old 05-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Puts me 1.31s where..

And in what

Oh yeah, and then go and run even faster than both in a stock GT-R.

By my calculations this puts you way down in the 1:31's, maybe 1:32's.

You do that, I'll shutup and be #1 GT-R fanboy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: REAL WORLD 996 GT3 vs GT-R