GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

PetShrk does Gumball U.S leg!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:35 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
PetShrk does Gumball U.S leg!!

For the west coast crew, make sure to come see PetShrk partake from SF to LA, SD to Vegas!!

My only problem is storage. If I want top off, I am screwed on storage. So might just have to bring one pair of shoes, pants, shorts, couple T's and go commando!

And can someone photoshop with a Shark on the front end, similar to this

Here is my car to photoshop

Last edited by fredttx50; 06-24-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Banned
vk430gt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by fredttx50
For the west coast crew, make sure to come see PetShrk partake from SF to LA, SD to Vegas!!

My only problem is storage. If I want top off, I am screwed on storage. So might just have to bring one pair of shoes, pants, shorts, couple T's and go commando!
alex roy used this technique on all his gumballs to save weight, but he mailed/premailed all his clothes/laundry to the hotels so he had room and saved weight. what kind of navs are you using? cb radios? scanners? what kind of radars are you using? laser jammers? photoblockers? always have two navis (garmins) one for your speedometer and another for your gps itself. be sure to use a 3m bra if your going because you will ruin your car on that rally. I know this because we have a gt speed fully loaded for this years bullrun in sept. and we kinda copied alex roy but we are decking out our car in custom decals/vinyls that are british scotland yard national security unit themed. police lights, sirens, etc.. pretty cool huh? but i kinda feel like we were copying alex roy. the car is right now in california and it stays there because its our cali car.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:55 AM
GonzoS is on a distinguished road
Alex, you are living the dream. Stay safe, but have a great time.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:34 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
I have already Clear Armor, V1, Garmin Nuvi760 and now need to look for a Police Scanner Which is the best police scanner ? I'm thinking a handheld would be best?

Old 06-24-2008, 09:52 AM
alex@wheelexperts is on a distinguished road
Fred, when does it begin? What day will you guys be going through LA/SD?

Ill meet you guys in San Diego

Old 06-24-2008, 09:56 AM
skyytek is on a distinguished road
I have already Clear Armor, V1, Garmin Nuvi760 and now need to look for a Police Scanner Which is the best police scanner ? I'm thinking a handheld would be best?
I am looking for a scanner too. Actually a scanner and a cb combo - uniden still/used to make one for the australian market - was a neat little unit - but wont really work in the US coz (I think) US broadcasts on VHF and Australia on the UHF. Other than this - a combo doesnt really exist - at least from what I could see.

http://www.uniden.com.au/AUSTRALIA/p_uh015sx_index.asp

I also came across the BCT-12 by uniden also - but it looks like it was de-commissioned. This looked fairly ideal for me - but even if you could get one - it doesnt do the digital trunk scanning - so for multi-state jaunts - like the bullrun - it probably would not be effective. It was also the right size and had good reviews at the time. Additionally it had the frequencies of all 50 states coded in.

http://www.uniden.com/products/produ...?product=BCT12

The challenge with scanners - that I am finding - is that they a. have to be manually programmed (pain generally - for things like the bullrun - since covers many states) and b. they are big and somewhat ugly IMO.

The best I have found so far - as far as scanners go - is Unidens BCD996T http://www.uniden.com/products/produ...&filter=Mobile - but its so big and you would have to hardwire it. Does everything you need however... also - I have heard - that programming it is a bit of a pain and you will need software to do it. Not sure how good all that is.

Regarding mobile scanners - not sure how they perform.

If anyone has scanner suggestions - please post. Or small CB suggestions - post too. and if anyone finds a combo - definitely post !!!

Old 06-24-2008, 09:58 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Very cool Fred. Have a blast, be safe and make sure to get tons of pics & vids for us!!!

Old 06-24-2008, 10:17 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Are they starting off at the Fairmont again? I'll try to be around for the launch! Have fun dude!

Old 06-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
sounds like fun. stay safe and out of jail.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Great news Fred. We wait pics and vids. And about scanners i know the fallowing models are very appreciated by gumballers: http://www.unidendirect.com/itemdeta...CD996T&tabid=1
http://www.unidendirect.com/itemdeta...CD396T&tabid=1

Old 06-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Banned
vk430gt is on a distinguished road
We have 2 of these
http://www.scannermaster.com/BCD396T.../01-501003.htm
and one of these
http://www.scannermaster.com/BCD996T.../10-501050.htm
they all have to be programed, it takes about a few weeks if you give about an hour a day to do the area that you are covering, make sure to not just do chp but all the county sherrif's offices, surronding towns polices, ems, fire dpt. etc..... and study 10 code if you can because it is very helpful to understand what they are saying. Just get one portable scanner that i suggested because uniden works the best. and please, please get a cb radio because sometimes those semi's dont see you when your passing and you need to let them know you are. try chasecams to, because they are great for recording your entire trip. also, dont just hop in the car and go with your navis, use microsoft mappoint to plan out your routes. also, if you dont have enough cigarette sockets, dont just get expansion slots, hardwire them.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:13 AM
ELIM is just really niceELIM is just really niceELIM is just really niceELIM is just really nice
Thumbs up

This is going to be Awesome!!

Old 06-24-2008, 12:29 PM
RioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb Best Scanner...Digital One forget the rest

Here you go:

http://www.uniden.com/products/produ...roduct=BCD396T

digital will catch everything out there. It's the same one Alex's Team Polizei
was running in their M5 when running coast to coast in 31 hrs.

Do a youtube search and input Alex Roy M5. There is a video out there that shows him explaining what all he has in there...including this Uniden scanner.

I'll be in Vegas myself catching the Vegas leg of this run hoping to meet Max and Crazy Rob aka "Lonman".

Good luck on the run and don't forget your AMEX to make bail. FYI maybe a good idea to know someone at dealership for quick access to auto parts incase car breaks down along the way. Quick FIx!!

Old 06-24-2008, 12:53 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by alex@wheelexperts
Fred, when does it begin? What day will you guys be going through LA/SD?

Ill meet you guys in San Diego
Yup I'm there as well when you guys stop through SD...

Old 06-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Don Relentless will become famous soon enough

And can someone photoshop with a Shark on the front end, similar to this

Here is my car to photoshop
claus had that airbrushed on the bumper, so it is not a sticker kit. are you sure they are going from SF to LA and LA to SD. i thought they were going from salt lake to vegas and vegas to LA. i too am suppose to meet up on the last leg with claus but he's texting me its from vegas to LA.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PetShrk does Gumball U.S leg!!