GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

gt3 and ride height....who adjusts theirs regularly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 07:17 PM
neilwight is on a distinguished road
gt3 and ride height....who adjusts theirs regularly

was at a rally event over the weekend and saw a few GT3s competing and noticed they were all set up higher than a standard GT3 and track versions. nothing earth shattering there thats for sure, that would be expected however it got me thinking about the adjustable ride height on the GT3 and how little i change it for conditions. its just set at factory height.

do you change yours depeneding on where you are taking it given that thats exactly what its there for? does anyone run it an inch higher than street settings for daily practicalities (it would certainly make it much less scrape free thats for sure) or is it just a feature thats left truly unexplored on most cars?

Old 09-07-2008, 08:00 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Mine is lowered 10mm

Old 09-07-2008, 10:47 PM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
didn't know you could adjust it....

Old 09-08-2008, 05:45 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Stock ride height is plenty low for the tracks and streets here in the Northeast. If you fiddle with it, prepare to corner balance and align every time... And before you track your GT3 for the first time, be sure to get the corner balance / alignment checked - mine stock was absolutely terrible.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:46 AM
neilwight is on a distinguished road
i certainly agree that i dont see many applications where height needs to be lowered over the standard setting thats for sure.
everyone it seems always thinks lower in terms of ride height but seeing those cars with height added for that application over the weekend got me thinking that lower isnt the only direction the suspension is made to be adjusted in and for street some added height might certainly be advantageous without any drawbacks.

theres always alot of discussion about various settings but i never see anyone discussing height

Old 09-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
I have my GT3 lowered 20 mm plus the monoball joints and cup suspension components make for a very stiff ride, BUT I LOVE IT.
The car is surgical, cuts like a knife on turns.

http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneydelgado63/Gt361308#

Cheers
Ranger

Old 09-08-2008, 10:51 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
100% mine also was terrible aligned and corner weighted when it was new,now after 2 corner balanced sessions the weight difference is only 3 kilos in the front right vs left the rear is the same.

38.6% front
61.4% rear
Total weight 1577 kg

Old 09-08-2008, 11:34 AM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
when you adjust height you have to align... so lower 10 to 20 mm and leave it

Old 09-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
luiscarlos you state your GT3 is 1,577 kg. Is that correct? That seems too heavy. By my calculation that is 3,469 lbs.
What am I missing?

My GT3 with what I've done to it, last weight on the track scales and with 1/2 tank full of gas weighed 3,031 lbs. I still have not put in competition seats as had hoped. The Sparco CF DTM seats have been a TOTAL bust!

Take care,
Ranger

Old 09-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Hmmm you an intelligent old man jijiji
You are right when I corner balance the car I use:

2 x 75 kilos = 150 k ( sand buckets in each seat)
1/2 gas tank = ? K

That is why I have a weight of 1577 k so more or less my car should weight 3090 lbs.
What is the weight of 1/2 tank ?

Old 09-09-2008, 01:06 AM
YSS
YSS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
I have my GT3 lowered 20 mm plus the monoball joints and cup suspension components make for a very stiff ride, BUT I LOVE IT.
The car is surgical, cuts like a knife on turns.

http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneydelgado63/Gt361308#

Cheers
Ranger
Ranger

your car looks fantastic

Where did you get the cup car suspsnsion and the monoball joints? (PM me what they cost you if you can)

can you please measure your car from the bottom of the rim to the wheel arch and tell me what the measurement is.
I have checked 2 stock GT3's and they where 10mm different.

I have lowered mine also.
My measurements are about 585mm at the front and 595mm at the rear

i had my car weighed recently. ill post that in a few hours when i have the figures handy.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
wheel arch.pdf (435.5 KB, 693 views)
Old 09-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by YSS
Ranger

your car looks fantastic

Where did you get the cup car suspsnsion and the monoball joints? (PM me what they cost you if you can)

can you please measure your car from the bottom of the rim to the wheel arch and tell me what the measurement is.
I have checked 2 stock GT3's and they where 10mm different.

I have lowered mine also.
My measurements are about 585mm at the front and 595mm at the rear

i had my car weighed recently. ill post that in a few hours when i have the figures handy.
From the bottom of the rim, you mean the lower rim edge center and up to the fender or wheel arch edge?
Is there a specific meaning about this measurement or does it have a description?
I will try and get that for you.
Regarding the Cup suspension components, that was a fluck for me. Champion Motorsport got those for me from Porsche Motorsport racing but I never ordered them. They had a set and it was offered to me. Apparently Porsche Motorsport does not make components available but Champion as a racing team was the connection.
I will send you a PM and give you a contact point.

BTW what ever happenned with your Cargraphic header situation and the power issue?

Cheers
Ranger

Old 09-09-2008, 03:49 PM
YSS
YSS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
From the bottom of the rim, you mean the lower rim edge center and up to the fender or wheel arch edge?
Is there a specific meaning about this measurement or does it have a description?
I will try and get that for you.
Regarding the Cup suspension components, that was a fluck for me. Champion Motorsport got those for me from Porsche Motorsport racing but I never ordered them. They had a set and it was offered to me. Apparently Porsche Motorsport does not make components available but Champion as a racing team was the connection.
I will send you a PM and give you a contact point.

BTW what ever happenned with your Cargraphic header situation and the power issue?

Cheers
Ranger
My car was 1410kg or 3100 lb without driver

I use the measurement as a comparison because it takes out of the equation how much pressure you have in your tyres. By measuring from the base of the rim, it ignores the psi in the tyres.

re Cargraphic - an unsatisfactory experience especially considering the $$
There is no question after dyno runs that the car makes more power at the top of the rev range but less power mid range.
The sound is incredible and i love it for that but the cost for hp equation is crazy.
I did not see the claimed hp gains.
I have had the bypass stuff up and need repairs (which they supplied).
I have cracked 2 mufflers and had to buy a repair kit.

The exhaust is a quality product - just isnt worth the $$ relative to the gains i got.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:38 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
My GT2 is 3205 lbs with everything in it, street wheels and tires, roll bar, even manuals, tools, etc with 1/2 tank of gas, I do have the 996 seats, so that save a little I think.

I was at Sebing last weekend and my GT3 was way higher than the other GT3's.
Most of them were setup by NGT I think, but even the other ones were lower.
My car was set up by Foreign Affairs with a medium street/ track setup and corner balanced.

It was my first track event with the GT3 I ran 2:32's and 2:33's on clean laps so still about 7-8 seconds of the fast guys' pace. I figure I leave my setup as is for s few more events and go a bit more aggressive with the setup.

Than I will get some extra front lips ;-)

Old 09-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
what a n00b post

any form of ride height adjustment requires corner balancing & alignment.

same goes w.caster, toe, or camber adjustments.

rebound, and sway bar stiffness settings.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: gt3 and ride height....who adjusts theirs regularly