GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Anyone out there know this RS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:55 PM
E-Man is on a distinguished road
Anyone out there know this RS?

Thinking of pulling the trigger on it. Is the previous owner out there? Anyone know its history?

Also, I know its been brought up many times lately on here, but I usually run out of patience reading through all the replies, what are these actually selling for lately?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...1%7C240%3A1308

Old 11-06-2008, 06:26 AM
aviator33 is on a distinguished road
White GT3RS

Hey There,

You might also be interested in the 2008 GT3RS posted on Craigslist in New York (click link below) selling for 144K. According to the sales person it only has 1500 miles (not 2,000 as stated on the ad).

Last edited by aviator33; 11-06-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:03 AM
335_II is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aviator33
Hey There,

You might also be interested in the 2008 GT3RS posted on Craigslist in New York (click link below) selling for 144K. According to the sales person it only has 1500 miles (not 2,000 as stated on the ad).

seems like a scam....free shipping

Old 11-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Maybe, maybe not. When I bought my 2007 M5 I received free shipping from Texas to Cali.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:07 PM
spg993tt is on a distinguished road
i know the car

i know the car. i used to own it.
atleast im pretty sure. i fyo ugo to my site, www.911flatnose.com at the bottom there is alink to the white gt3RS, you'll see it there.

i have an 2008 white but its not that one. scroll down and you'll see it in the cars i've sold.

here is what i know. i bot it, i think it was like 18months ago. ray @ RPM got the car for me. it came from that houston, texas area. i know the seller. good person. a baby on cars. like me.
i did not driv eit a lot, i want to say i got it with like 700 miles an di put on like 300 miles. i had a few others, and i ende dup trading it for a stradale.
during my ownership, was never tracked, mauled, hammered. i really liked it a lot. the window sticker i son my site as well i think and some photos. it was a nice spec. not overdone. i like simple RS's. carbon is nice, but frankly, i like alcantara. has nice energy and warmth to it.

i put a 3m on it. a nice job, very nice. wheels were perfect.
the car was one of like 4,5 (excuse me if i get the actual # wrong) 2007 gt3RSs with stock, factory blk wheels and black decals. a lot of guys in 2007 didnt know that the white black would look so nice and many were ordered white white silver. then they modded them after. so that car is authentic white blk.

so i sold it back to RPM for the stradale. it traded up and back in the 30 + range. from there, i dont know where it edned up.

but then it ende dup with a guy in the new england area who i knew offhand from someone. the guy was a track guy. he called me on it, asked me about it, i told him it was a nice car. i think he bot it with like 4000 miles. no idea what happened to it from my 1k miles and the 4k where he bot it. no idea if he tracked it or not. but he was an enthusiast, very thoughtful guy. so i would presume its in agood shape.

i loved the car. always hated selling it, and finally rectified that when i bo tthe white paul miller RS.

anyway, if ican offer anything more, PM me and i'll get you my cell phone.

that car should be selling or below MSRP. i've seen 1500 miles 2008 GT3RS white/blacks sell for sticker. a green one is floating around , 500 miles, 2008, for msrp.

anyway, hope it helps.
gt3RS - most fun car i've ever owned.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
Trying calling Ferrari Maserati of New England to see if they really have the car

Old 11-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the detailed post regarding the car for sale on ebay. When I looked at the ad, I questioned a few things. I was told by a few different dealers that the Porsche Crest should always point towards the valve stem and if it's not, then the rims have been changed by someone other than a Porsche dealer. Maybe it's just a piont of reference. I also noticed a snag in the seat and the sales description states it has an alcantra steering wheel when the pictures show a leather steering wheel.

I'm sure these are all just minor things

Old 11-09-2008, 11:43 AM
GT3Racerich is an unknown quantity at this point
that car should be selling or below MSRP. i've seen 1500 miles 2008 GT3RS white/blacks sell for sticker. a green one is floating around , 500 miles, 2008, for msrp.

anyway, hope it helps.
gt3RS - most fun car i've ever owned.[/quote]

ssp993tt

Can I get the contact info on the green RS above.
Thanks, Rich

EDIT......
I do not know of the green RS above,
I was quoting ssp993tt above and asking for the info on the green RS.

Last edited by GT3Racerich; 11-09-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:18 PM
E-Man is on a distinguished road
Thanks to all who have posted to this thread! spg993tt, the seller tells me it's a one owner car so it doesn't sound like it belonged to you. I looked at your previous '07 white RS and it does look very similar. Even has the leather steering wheel(not alcantara). I agree with you, these cars can now be had at or below msrp.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:45 PM
my mom used to say i was the king of missing stuff, like my head if it wasnt screwed on....but... go to this page:
http://www.911flatnose.com/Other/GT3.../image002.html

its the window sticker from my site. if you go to 911flatnose.com, scroll down on the right to the 2007 White Gt3RS....on that pages are photos, images,
and the windowsticker which i scanned. in the very lower right corner of the window sticker is the vin#, and unless im missing something, which i could be, that vin# is identical to the vin# in the ebay ad.

look at the windowsticker, it shows a leather steering wheel. seems like the seller just goofed in writing up the ad. sticker shows leather, photos from my site shows leather
interesting that someone picked up on the wheels . here is what happened: when i got the car, the Tire Pressure system was showing wierd values. i was getting warning lights saying low pressure though my Longacre guages were showing it spot on. it was annoying. so we took it to the dealer and they warrantied installed new TPS units. they had to unmount the tires, remount. im gonna bet that when they reinstalled, they just goofed the crests.

as far as the single owner - well, i cant speak to that. i was pretty sure the car was previously owned by a Texas resident. he 100% titled the car. i am just about 1000% certain i titled it, and woul dhave a copy of the title at my office if you end up buying it an dwant it for your records, ...sometimes dudes who collect cars have dealer licenses even though they arent dealers perse, so they dont have to title, pay tax, etc. they run it with a dealers plate on the back. i dont have that, so i title pay tax on everything other than rolling tax over from one car to another.
but a carfax would show you how it goes.

but dude, 100% its my car. check the image and the vin# in the lower right to the ebay vin #.

i agree, below msrp.

Originally Posted by E-Man
Thanks to all who have posted to this thread! spg993tt, the seller tells me it's a one owner car so it doesn't sound like it belonged to you. I looked at your previous '07 white RS and it does look very similar. Even has the leather steering wheel(not alcantara). I agree with you, these cars can now be had at or below msrp.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:50 PM
i attached image of window. see lower right corner. ive driven this car. im light footed<G>. if yo ucan snag it, i can tell you for sum certain, its a great car, perfectly optioned. but get the condition checked. the previous owner, a younger guy from the boston area, i would bet money put it on the track.

Originally Posted by spg993tt
my mom used to say i was the king of missing stuff, like my head if it wasnt screwed on....but... go to this page:
http://www.911flatnose.com/Other/GT3.../image002.html

its the window sticker from my site. if you go to 911flatnose.com, scroll down on the right to the 2007 White Gt3RS....on that pages are photos, images,
and the windowsticker which i scanned. in the very lower right corner of the window sticker is the vin#, and unless im missing something, which i could be, that vin# is identical to the vin# in the ebay ad.

look at the windowsticker, it shows a leather steering wheel. seems like the seller just goofed in writing up the ad. sticker shows leather, photos from my site shows leather
interesting that someone picked up on the wheels . here is what happened: when i got the car, the Tire Pressure system was showing wierd values. i was getting warning lights saying low pressure though my Longacre guages were showing it spot on. it was annoying. so we took it to the dealer and they warrantied installed new TPS units. they had to unmount the tires, remount. im gonna bet that when they reinstalled, they just goofed the crests.

as far as the single owner - well, i cant speak to that. i was pretty sure the car was previously owned by a Texas resident. he 100% titled the car. i am just about 1000% certain i titled it, and woul dhave a copy of the title at my office if you end up buying it an dwant it for your records, ...sometimes dudes who collect cars have dealer licenses even though they arent dealers perse, so they dont have to title, pay tax, etc. they run it with a dealers plate on the back. i dont have that, so i title pay tax on everything other than rolling tax over from one car to another.
but a carfax would show you how it goes.

but dude, 100% its my car. check the image and the vin# in the lower right to the ebay vin #.

i agree, below msrp.

Attached Images  
Old 11-09-2008, 05:54 PM
sjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to all
The car is also listed on MAXPOWER's RS registry on Rennlist. Same serial number and I believe a list of current and past owners.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey Sam,

It was nice catching up with you this afternoon. Let me know when you have sometime to talk. In the meantime, good luck with the sale.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:25 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mbmanhattan
Here a good 08 GT3 rs to buy in Manhattan new york. http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/ctd/915116769.html
I should have gotten this! when i was looking it was about 20-30k over!

Old 11-11-2008, 06:36 PM
PCH
PCH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aviator33
When I looked at the ad, I questioned a few things. I was told by a few different dealers that the Porsche Crest should always point towards the valve stem and if it's not, then the rims have been changed by someone other than a Porsche dealer. Maybe it's just a piont of reference.
Complete nonsense.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.