GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Got my GT3 back...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 08:24 AM
GT3Scott will become famous soon enoughGT3Scott will become famous soon enough
Talking Got my GT3 back...

Well, seems the leak pretty much dried up at the dealer. They talked to Porsche and they said to drive it for 500 miles, without adding any oil, and come back and they'll measure the oil level. Also of course I'll be checking under the car every day. Just went for a spirited 27-mile drive so overnight should be telling, gonna slide some cardboard under the car to catch every drop (if any).

Guess my car was shy and didn't want to drip at the dealer.. so maybe a seal just settled in. Hope that's the case...

Old 09-03-2004, 08:28 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Well I guess that kind of sux. No difinitive answer. I hate that!!! Best of luck and pray for no drip. Somehow I would not feel comfortable with the dealer tearing apart a GT3 motor. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Old 09-03-2004, 08:36 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
Re: Got my GT3 back...

Originally posted by CarreraScott
Well, seems the leak pretty much dried up at the dealer. They talked to Porsche and they said to drive it for 500 miles, without adding any oil, and come back and they'll measure the oil level. Also of course I'll be checking under the car every day. Just went for a spirited 27-mile drive so overnight should be telling, gonna slide some cardboard under the car to catch every drop (if any).

Guess my car was shy and didn't want to drip at the dealer.. so maybe a seal just settled in. Hope that's the case...
That does suck based on how much oil you had under the car.. Hope they are right.... Good Luck...

Old 09-03-2004, 08:40 AM
Yup. Well, bottom line is, if no more oil drips, fine. If more comes out, it goes back to the dealer... At least they and Porsche are now aware of the problem.

Old 09-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Chronos is on a distinguished road
CarreraScott,

I'd be beside myself if I were you! I'd be peeking under the car every time I walked into the garage. I think I'd go nuts. Hell, I'm halfway there already.

Please post more pics of that black beauty! GT3 is an all-time favorite. Someone in my building at work has a white/black GT3 and it is simply stunning. I still haven't seen a black one.

Old 09-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Chronos,

May take some pics tomorrow, they're installing the lift so I'll probably wash it up while they're doing that, and maybe take if for some scenic shots. Will post some tomorrow night.

Headin out to the garage to check for oil now...

Old 09-03-2004, 09:51 AM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
Hope it works out Scott.

Old 09-03-2004, 09:52 AM
Great! I still cannot convince my wife that I really need a lift!

I hope I didn't inadvertantly start a new habit for you... I still look for an excuse to open the garage and get something out of the fridge just to get another look.

Was honestly looking into leasing a GT3 when I was presented an offer that was too good to pass up. I'll probably wait a while until I tire of the '00 and then spring for a GT3 to add to the collection. IMHO they are the ultimate 996.

Old 09-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Just took a look after a few hours its stone dry under there. Will check again in the AM.. fingers crossed.

Old 09-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Overnight, still bone dry under there.

Old 09-04-2004, 12:11 AM
Great news

That's the kind of news one must toast! I think a nice Cohiba and a martini are called for.

Any excuse for me to enjoy one of the forbidden fruits I brought back from the UK...