GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

OZ racing wheel option, Opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 12:16 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by strashek
I just ordered my set from TireRack (had to call them since the online fitment for my '05 C2S wouldn't allow 18" wheels).

Here's what I ended up getting...

Fronts: 18x8.5 ET 53 w/ 235/40-18 A048 (Heat Cycled)
Rears: 18x11 ET 63 w/ 315/30-18 A048 (Heat Cycled)

Thanks to Scan Automotive and "NorthVan" Ed for pointing me in the right direction.

Jason.
Guys,

Jason called in and ordered these through another guy here. Please remember to call me if you could. We do get paid that way.

MUCH appreciated.

Thanks.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp

Last edited by damon@tirerack; 04-02-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:29 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 80shilling
Mine are still flawless after 50+ sessions of 25 minutes each, including many sessions, back-to-back (50 minutes without stopping basically) at Laguna Seca spread over three months... Running 1:37's on Hoosier R6's. I'm not pounding the kerbs hard or anything, but I AM on the kerbs in pretty much every corner.

No issues, no problems, they are still round and in balance and show no wear and tear in terms of their finish either. Ask me the same question at the end of the Year...
Awesome news. Glad to hear they are holding up!

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 04-04-2010, 10:02 AM
BartN (TX) has a spectacular aura aboutBartN (TX) has a spectacular aura about
Well, I had my first opportunity to put my new OZ wheels to the test this weekend. It had been a while since I'd been to the track and it was the first time in my new-to-me 997.1 GT3. I was running brand new R888's on the car and it was also the first time I'd ever used a Toyo tire.

The first session felt HORRIBLE! I was pretty discouraged. Car didn't seem to have the grip and feel that even my old 996TT with PSS9's and MSPC's had. A lot could still be attributed to me being very rusty and, quite frankly, a bit anxious.

Towards the end of the session I turned in a bit early on a fast right hand sweeper and BANG!!, nailed the leading edge of a curb with my right front tire. I mean HARD. For the next two laps I was cussing at myself like a sailor pissed off that I'd already ruined one wheel so quickly and was contiplating taking up golf instead.

Well, back at the pits I did a visual inspection of the wheel fully expecting a nice new divit. Nada, zilch, nothing. Looked brand new still. At lunch when I had the wheels off to bleed my brakes I took a closer look and confirmed the wheel was perfect.

I've over-hit a few curbs in my life and that was one of the hardest and the wheel held up beautifully. In a twisted way I guess I'm a bit happy it happened as now I can stop worrying about how 'soft' these wheels are. If I hit anything harder than I did this time then I deserve the dent.

One footnote. Within a single run session the tires start to come to life and deliver the kind of grip I expected. And within another run session (or two) I started becoming far more acclimated and comfortable with the car and it's grip thresholds. Absolutely AWESOME compared to my old 996TT. With a few more days I'll be running ragged and doing really stupid stuff again. YIPPEE! I can't wait!

Last edited by BartN (TX); 04-22-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:23 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Good news then...

I ALWAYS get my Tires pre heat cycled.. That way, they are good from lap 1 and they wear WAAAAY better.. I hate having to baby my tires and give them that 24 hour curing cycle.. Getting them pre heat cycled means that I can use them hard from the first day.. If they aren't heat cycled, then I always feel like my first track day is more of a cruise where my main concern is not overcooking the tire.

Thanks for the writeup.. Nice to know someone has banged them about a bit and they survived....

Cheers

Originally Posted by BartN (TX)
Well, I had my first opportunity to put my new OZ wheels to the test this weekend. It had been a while since I'd been to the track and it was the first time in my new-to-me 997.1 GT3. I was running brand new R888's on the car and it was also the first time I'd ever used a Bridgestone tire.

The first session felt HORRIBLE! I was pretty discouraged. Car didn't seem to have the grip and feel that even my old 996TT with PSS9's and MSPC's had. A lot could still be attributed to me being very rusty and, quite frankly, a bit anxious.

Towards the end of the session I turned in a bit early on a fast right hand sweeper and BANG!!, nailed the leading edge of a curb with my right front tire. I mean HARD. For the next two laps I was cussing at myself like a sailor pissed off that I'd already ruined one wheel so quickly and was contiplating taking up golf instead.

Well, back at the pits I did a visual inspection of the wheel fully expecting a nice new divit. Nada, zilch, nothing. Looked brand new still. At lunch when I had the wheels off to bleed my brakes I took a closer look and confirmed the wheel was perfect.

I've over-hit a few curbs in my life and that was one of the hardest and the wheel held up beautifully. In a twisted way I guess I'm a bit happy it happened as now I can stop worrying about how 'soft' these wheels are. If I hit anything harder than I did this time then I deserve the dent.

One footnote. Within a single run session the tires start to come to life and deliver the kind of grip I expected. And within another run session (or two) I started becoming far more acclimated and comfortable with the car and it's grip thresholds. Absolutely AWESOME compared to my old 996TT. With a few more days I'll be running ragged and doing really stupid stuff again. YIPPEE! I can't wait!

Old 04-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Kevganzon is on a distinguished road
Anyone one have these the OZ Ultraleggera in 18" on a 996TT???

Old 04-22-2010, 02:12 PM
KelvinC will become famous soon enough
I don't believe the Ultraleggera was available in 18".

Only 19" and 20".

Old 04-23-2010, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by M3lelena

are these OZ ultraleggera?
These look like 18's. What are the specs on these and can you give me pricing?

Old 04-23-2010, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
Can anyone tell me the specs on these?

Old 04-23-2010, 03:36 AM
sportchrono is on a distinguished road

Old 04-23-2010, 10:23 AM
KelvinC will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Kevganzon
These look like 18's. What are the specs on these and can you give me pricing?
I know, these look like 18s as well, but they are in fact 19s.

Name:  997GT2-OZUltras.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  158.6 KB

I'm not sure of the offset, but I know that the wheel dimensions are 19x8.5F and 19x12R. I think the pricing is $425F and $496 rear.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
I had OZ Canyons on my Cayenne S and loved them ! Extremely strong and great fit and finish! I wouldnt hesitate ever pulling the trigger on another set !

Old 12-11-2014, 03:29 PM
mschacht is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Old Post on Allegritta HLT

Love them, use them for track wheels, love them so much I have three sets, about 21 Lbs per wheel. Great bargain IMHO

They are available on offsets that fit my 97 Carrera narrow body.