GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Had an interesting conversation with Endless yesterday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 05:05 PM
white_fly is on a distinguished road
Had an interesting conversation with Endless yesterday

I was talking with some guys from Endless yesterday, and I found out that all GT3 Cup cars come with Endless RF-650 brake fluid as OEM. They are also suppliers for most of the F1 field. I was pretty surprised since my company has been carrying their fluid for quite a while, but since Endless seems to be a relatively unknown company, we had no idea how many areas of top-level motorsport they were in. It even seems to be a very reasonable price. Is anyone here using Endless? How does it compare to SRF, etc?

Last edited by white_fly; 06-02-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:10 PM
DJH
DJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really nice
That's pretty cool! I didnt know that. Endless is well very known in the Japanese auto tuning industry but I had no idea that they did F1 and such..

Old 05-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Kent at Endless is a good friend of mine. They dont get credit here in the states, but rule Japan in racing. Good product!

Old 05-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Kent at Endless is a good friend of mine. They dont get credit here in the states, but rule Japan in racing. Good product!
It truly is odd how their reputation here seems to be for show brakes, when they produce great products. F1 is no joke! Any F1 supplier deserves respect. The same goes for Porsche Motorsport suppliers. What do you guys think is the source of the reputation problem?

Old 05-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
marketing and branding. plus the cost for it. yeah most guys think of Endless as something "JDM" to have. The retail is twice what Brembo is. There are alot of Japanese products like that which dont get credit in USA.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Former Vendor
He is one of the reasons people think they are "JDM" only unfortunately...

Old 05-15-2009, 07:02 PM
I can see how some information about Endless may be misconstrued; in the end I believe that Endless is a very reputable company that represents great quality and longevity which is really very commonly found among high end aftermarket companies in Japan and as such having a reputation for being JDM is hardly a bad thing.

Endless is associated with JDM for sure, but do I consider Endless a JDM company only...no. Most people would however since Endless is a Japanese company with a Japanese website that you cannot understand unless you read kata kana or kanji and they dominate Japanese racing circuits.With that in mind it's hard to blame them, but in the end it is simply a lack of education on their part. Volk racing is commonly considered JDM but does that make their products any less relevant or desirable?

Last edited by white_fly; 06-04-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Had another interesting conversation with Endless so I just figured I'd add it to this thread. Of the Porsches that competed in the Nurburgring 24 hours, more than half were running Endless brake pads including 5 of the Porsches in the top 10 and all of the Manthey Racing cars including the car that ultimately won the race overall. In fact, 9 of the top 12 finishers were on Endless pads. And, hey, if it's good enough for Manthey, it's probably good enough for me.

With that said, how many actually use Endless pads on their track cars? The seeming disparity between the European and American racing teams is really interesting. Is it an image problem on this side of the Atlantic (or Pacific for that matter) or something else?

Last edited by white_fly; 06-04-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:20 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
What do the pads and fluid cost?

Old 06-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Former Vendor
email me your request and we can get you the pricing as the official Endless Porsche retailers

Old 06-04-2009, 02:15 PM
AlexG is on a distinguished road
I use Endless on my GT2, and they are great! Manthey Racing, who put the pads on the car, told me that they last about 4-5 times longer than Pagid. They use only 1 set of pads during the complete 24h race at Nurburgring. Great product!

Old 06-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by AlexG
I use Endless on my GT2, and they are great! Manthey Racing, who put the pads on the car, told me that they last about 4-5 times longer than Pagid. They use only 1 set of pads during the complete 24h race at Nurburgring. Great product!
That's nice to hear. Endless pads are definitely known to last and last. Apparently, a certain Ferrari in the ALMS ran the same set of Endless pads for two full race weekends and one weekend where they retired with an unrelated failure.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:20 PM
MPYR_GT3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vividracing
email me your request and we can get you the pricing as the official Endless Porsche retailers
Any reason Endless is not listed on your website under brakes for the 997 GT3?

Old 06-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Former Vendor
It should be up by Monday.

Brake Fluid can now be ordered at Vivid Racing
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/e...d-p-65948.html
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/e...d-p-65947.html

Endless RF-650 Racing Super Fluid

Used in the top categories of motorsports including F1, WRC, and Paris Dakar. Recognized by circuit users worldwide. Especially developed for long endurance races ("24 hours") where extreme high temperature stability is required, but it is suitable for all types of competition. Optimal for maximum heat load conditions unheard of within the street stage. Endless is the official supplier of brake fluid to the Honda Racing F1 Team where the RF-650 is used exclusively in all testing and racing activities. Non-silicone based brake fluid.

323 celius is dry boiling point while wet is 218 degrees

0.5 Liter per bottle.

Endless S-FOUR Brake Fluid

Brake fluid becomes older after 2 to 3 years of usage and the boiling point temperature decreases increasing the unfortunate possibilities of vapor lock. Endless recommends replacing brake fluid when replacing brake pads. The target focus during research and development of the Endless S-Four brake fluid is the hard driving street stage.

1 Liter per bottle.

295 celius is dry boiling point while wet is 187 degrees. High temperature range and brake force can be kept. Reasonably priced for street use with long life.

This product is perfect for those looking to change out the OEM brake fluid or for those who want more performance alike.

Last edited by vividracing; 06-08-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:38 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I'll check the site on Monday Dan. I don't need pads right now, just trying to see what the competition offers. How does the brake peddle feel compared th Pagid? If they last 4 or 5 times as long, seems like the peddle would be very hard.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Had an interesting conversation with Endless yesterday