GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

RSS Suspension Track Components Installed on a 997 GT2 @ SharkWerks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 07:52 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Talking RSS Suspension Track Components Installed on a 997 GT2 @ SharkWerks

We've been using the RSS suspension parts for a while now on our cars this White 997GT2 also came in for a dose of suspension work, including our full track-orientated suspension components. The first step was to turn the camber plates to get more camber (an old trick from the 996 days):

Next the bushings are pressed out/removed:

And the RSS monoballs kit gets installed in their place. This kit replaces the four pivot bushings (one per corner) on the inner side of the lower control arms with steel monoballs, increasing the precision of the pivot motion of the control arm as it travels up and down under cornering.

And in go the adjustable thrust-arm bushings. The aluminum adjustable thrust arm bushings replace the neoprene factory units on the other end (outside) of the control arms. This allows for adjustable caster.

And on go the dog-bones. This kit replaces the four upper links (two per side) on the rear end of all 996/997 models. The RSS kit allows for sufficient adjustable camber on lowered cars (the factory adjustment is insufficient on lowered cars, resulting in improper camber settings). The links also replace the neoprene bushings with steel monoballs, reducing movement in suspension components and increasing road feedback and "feel".:

On goes the adjustable toe-steer kit. On lowered Porsches with a factory toe steer link, the limited adjustment results in incorrect toe geometry in the rear. This kit is designed to fix that problem. It also replaces the inner neoprene bushing with a steel monoball.

With a full race alignment by our friends at TC Design this car is fully ready for some track-action...

Here's the project page: http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-tu...-upgrades.html

Old 07-30-2009, 08:36 PM
9fan64 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
enjoy it, the car looks awsome.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:38 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Alex, mine is in the shop now, finally getting all the suspension change over done.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:47 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by landjet
Alex, mine is in the shop now, finally getting all the suspension change over done.
Hey Larry thanks for the support and you're going to have some serious fun at the track now... You've got a whole plethora under way eh?

Old 07-30-2009, 09:38 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
That will be my GT3 next Tuesday!! I'm glad to see James is getting some practice.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:44 PM
atlantacarman is on a distinguished road
hi there. i have 06 c2s and wanted to ask one thing about suspension.
what can i get done to make it more focused on cornering and overall better to drive fast.? with out spending crazy money. i have now H&R lowering springs only.

im little of topic but i think all the suspension junkies will be here reading this post!!

thanks alot

Old 07-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Did you guys bulk up the sways? Also, any chance of Motons in that GT2's future? Makes a huge difference.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:26 AM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atlantacarman
hi there. i have 06 c2s and wanted to ask one thing about suspension.
what can i get done to make it more focused on cornering and overall better to drive fast.? with out spending crazy money. i have now H&R lowering springs only.

im little of topic but i think all the suspension junkies will be here reading this post!!

thanks alot
First step, upgrade rubber. Toyo R888s ($1,500 or so), IMO are best for max grip... they are essentially racing tires that are DOT legal. But others like more street-rated tires, such as Michelin Pilot Sport Cups or Pirelli Corsas. Next, upgrade your Sway bars ($700+labor). The get Porsche Motorsport a-arms so you can adjust camber and toe (not sure price on this). Get pros (not just any tuner shop... but guys that race GT3 Cups, RSRs, etc.) to do an aggressive alignment (at least for what sort of driving you plan on doing... more street vs. track, etc.)($600 or so). This is a solid first step. Then learn to drive with this setup and start to add more mods as you need them... like the dogbones, toe and bump steer kits, a-arm ball-joints, thrust-arm bushings and then moton or jrz dampers with stiffer springs and helpers. Lighter wheels will help as well. Also upgrading brakes... at the least pads, braided lines and racing fluid.... or even full Brembo GTR if you want. I am sure others on this forum will have more to add as well.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor
RSSsales will become famous soon enough
Great build Sharky!

Ben@RSS

Old 07-31-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by snowboarder54
That will be my GT3 next Tuesday!! I'm glad to see James is getting some practice.
That's right you will! We've been doing this to a good few cars recently:P

Originally Posted by RSSBEN
Great build Sharky!

Ben@RSS
Thanks guys!

Old 07-31-2009, 12:01 PM
atlantacarman is on a distinguished road
thanks laguna dude. lots of great stuff!! i do mostly just street driving, track in the future. you guys know good place in atlanta area for porsche mods? or should i do it in florida? best place in florida, any tips?

Old 07-31-2009, 09:12 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I believe farnbacher-loles has a shop in Atlanta as well, may have to contact the CT shop to hook you up as it's not open to the public generally.